|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

December 23rd, 2011, 14:35
I just started playing Stonekeep. It's been quite awhile since I played an old-school type dungeon crawl. Not since Arx Fatalis in fact.

I'm enjoying it so far, despite the extremely dated visuals and interface. It has decent music and an immersive atmosphere, and it seems to be quite challenging. I like how it just throws you into the game world without any type of hand-holding.

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 23rd, 2011, 16:34
I got Dead Island as an early Christmas gift, so I've been playing that for 2 days so far. I'm pretty much just an rpg purist, but this game is kinda fun. Who doesn't like wacking zombies every so often!??!

JDR, does Stonekeep work well on current systems? I loved the hell outta that game, would love to replay it sometime if it actually works.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

December 23rd, 2011, 22:36
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I got Dead Island as an early Christmas gift, so I've been playing that for 2 days so far. I'm pretty much just an rpg purist, but this game is kinda fun. Who doesn't like wacking zombies every so often!??!

JDR, does Stonekeep work well on current systems? I loved the hell outta that game, would love to replay it sometime if it actually works.
I gave Dead Island a serious try a few weeks ago but ended up quitting less than 50% through. That game gets repetitive real fast. Hopefully you'll enjoy it more than I did.

I purchased Stonekeep from GOG, and it's running fine for me on Windows 7 64bit. You should grab it while it's on sale.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/stonekeep

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 24th, 2011, 19:43
I'm running vista and I seem to run into lots of issues with older games, so I might have to do some research first. Older games seem, for some reason, to love to reset my resolution and other things everytime I reboot my computer, lol. And I'm way too computer-illiterate to deal with that on a daily basis =p.

But for Stonekeep, I'm willing to do some research on it! Thanks for the response.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

December 24th, 2011, 20:11
I'm running vista
I found your problem! Your computer is infected with Malware! There is a fix for the issue called 'Windows 7' …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

December 27th, 2011, 08:08
Mount and Blade Steam sales was best purchase ever IMO. Been running my warband hunting down mountain bandits and rival kingdom to the ground. Owned a castle and village. Now to aim for a bride!

rk47

Ma..majestic!

December 27th, 2011, 11:51
Inspired by yesterday's thread thingie on dogfighting movies I have been playing Hellsinker. Since I learned how to use Fossil Maiden, because, honestly, how can you play a game with a character having a name so awesome as Fossil Maiden and not use her, and managed for all the indicators and little weird rules to become second nature some time ago it went from being, like, the most frustrating game totally ever to being the bloody best, and the most bloody awesome, and the most bloody cool totally ever.

That doesn't mean I can consistently do Rusted Dragon without drinking a big cup of colorful bullets hitting ass and leg, it's heavan, etc, but I'm getting there. And when I actually manage to kill the damn thing without wasting lives segment five goes and play with all my sensible parts in a very forceful way, and spills hot wax on me, and stuffies.

Still, it is the only game you ever need to play, everything else being just, like, thingies you play between bouts of Hellsinker. And it has a pretty good story for a pewpew game, if you can read it. Chances are you can't. Ohhhhhhh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-hoooo!

Anway, clicky click here to watch the awesomeness and be enlightened!

And, as Ariel herself said,

"Oitsukenai SUPIIDO de. Nee tsuitekureru no? Mr. Taxi, Taxi, Taxi soutou jeukshi jeukshi jeukshi. Hikarikagayaku kedo furerarenai no, masa ni supersonic n hypertonic, ubatte hoshii no you take me ima sugu. Mr. Taxi, Taxi, Taxi soutou jeukshi jeukshi jeukshi. Kedo kantan ni wa ikanai no yo!"
Last edited by Wicked Witch of Loliland; December 27th, 2011 at 12:32.

Wicked Witch of Loliland

All hail. Nao.

December 27th, 2011, 13:24
Originally Posted by Wicked Witch of Loliland View Post

Anway, clicky click here to watch the awesomeness and be enlightened!
That looks quite good actually. Personally I'm more of a Raiden/Jamestown style shmup fan, but I enjoy pure bullet hell shooters as well. And yes, Touhou is a bit mainstream these days. You can even buy Touhou-related things (pins, toys and such) in stores here in Stockholm.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

December 27th, 2011, 14:20
It's a lot like Skyrim, isn't it?

Actually, it might be more fun than Skyrim. And about as much an RPG.

villain of the story

Watchdog

December 27th, 2011, 16:05
Aside from working on The Bard's Tale on iPad, I just grabbed Skyrim in the Steam deal and have a few hours into it … definitely enjoying it so far …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

December 27th, 2011, 16:34
Great. Do you manage well the menus mini-game?

Carceri

Goblin Scum

January 2nd, 2012, 02:21
Originally Posted by villain of the story View Post
It's a lot like Skyrim, isn't it?
I checked my stats in Skyrim and I had killed probably 3x as many undead as I had any other type.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

January 2nd, 2012, 03:34
I got Fallout3 GOTY and New Vegas + all DLC on Steam. 15 hrs in Fallout3 and loving it. Who knows when I'll get around to Skyrim, I never finished Morrowind or Oblivion because there is too much to do. I usually play them for about a year before I force myself to move on.

Philistine

Watcher

January 2nd, 2012, 05:07
Still playing Stonekeep and really enjoying it. I'm surprised this game was panned as badly as it was. It's actually quite good imo, and it's also hard as hell compared to more recent crpgs. I'm really enjoying the challenge.

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 3rd, 2012, 09:59
Due to excessive blue coins in gamersgate i recently "bought" (well it was free ) Victoria 2 , it is an amazing game highly addictive and much better than Vicky 1 .
I also have Deus X and Assassins to finish .

Tragos

Otinanist

January 3rd, 2012, 17:09
I found Vicky 2 to be a lot better for the larger nations (anything of equal size of larger than Sweden), due to the increased possibilities for automation and the fact that it is a lot easier to get a general overview of whats going on in your country. On the other hand, I found Vicky 1 to be better for the smaller nations (equal or smaller than Sweden), as you usually have a bit more to do.

And why is Sweden always the base line nation in Paradox games (well apart from HoI)? Are they really so self centered that they have to make Sweden one of the most playable and manageable nations?

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

January 3rd, 2012, 18:29
Picked up a few games from the GOG sale and am really enjoying Advent Rising although its not a RPG. More of a interactive movie and a bit halo like. Good story and music though. Best 3 bucks I ever spent

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch

January 4th, 2012, 04:13
On the last mission of WH40k2: Chaos Rising. Final boss prevailed, so i have to replay the entire scenario (tank section and all) over again. Eliphas took like ten minutes to beat, his health slightly trickling down…

Love the game, but really hate the no mid-mission save/load thing, especially in an Rts where things can suddenly go horribly wrong after investing a hour on a single map. They pull that "save and exit" shit, which should cost someone on the design team an opposable digit

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

January 4th, 2012, 09:49
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
I found Vicky 2 to be a lot better for the larger nations (anything of equal size of larger than Sweden), due to the increased possibilities for automation and the fact that it is a lot easier to get a general overview of whats going on in your country. On the other hand, I found Vicky 1 to be better for the smaller nations (equal or smaller than Sweden), as you usually have a bit more to do.

And why is Sweden always the base line nation in Paradox games (well apart from HoI)? Are they really so self centered that they have to make Sweden one of the most playable and manageable nations?
Depends , i find it to be much more fun with smaller ones, specially with countries in my region (the Balkans) with the decaying Ottos everything is possible …
In my Serbia game i produce so much timber / paper / furniture ( always in shortage late game) that my economy rocks while only running 3 expanded factories .
Bigger nations have to fight wars all over the globe and this is kind of annoying, colonial ones are strange , in my Chile game like 60% of the population was Manchu lol.
I am an old Paradox games fan and i think Sweden is well made in most of them , specially in Vicky 2 where they start as a large independent nation there are no many of them in the continent.

Tragos

Otinanist

January 4th, 2012, 10:02
finally beat CHaos Rising - the last boss fight took me like a half hour! Lots of HP..

On to Retribution. Doesnt look like Games for Windows live messes w/ you in the Retribution expansion thankfully

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?