|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » RPGCodex is no more?

Default RPGCodex is no more?

December 27th, 2011, 01:22
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Clearly you have not looked at the recent postings in the refugee thread.

> While I find a lot of Codexers irritating, I wouldn't ban or kick them. They have the right to speak out too.

Yes they do but they should conform to this sites tempo and tone, not the other way around. That was my only point.
Encouraging conformity, jeez dude, are you sure you run a WoD site? SERIOUSLY? You know, World of Darkness, the games whose founding genres, WERE GOTH AND PUNK. Both fandoms largely about striking out on your own and speaking out about conformity, even when everyone around you looked at you oddly for being weird and/or too outspoken.

Also since my epic curse laden rants keep getting deleted, I find your puerile efforts at passive aggressiveness and doomsaying both amusing and tragically indicative of a person stuck in the high school mindset. Your mindset seems to be, heavy debate with lots of random comments and lots of memes, nothing good ever come from that right, I mean, not anything like revolutions run off twitter, and facebook, or legitimate political movements and protests, again run off these same mediums. You are being rigorously prejudiced towards a site you probably opened one thread on made up your mind about and then left. Signal to noise ratios don't matter much. More than that, the signal to noise ratio of RPGCodex has been very much improved over the few last years as we've been actually filtering out shit posters who spread their filth beyond GD.

There I did it without being overly demeaning or over using crude swears, can you please not delete it this time.
Roll-A-Dice is offline

Roll-A-Dice

I am an asshole.

#41

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 53

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 01:39
Can I suggest a few extra threads for the Codexers so we can keep the BS contained?
- Bethesda sucks
- EA is donkey doo
- Bioware sucks EA donkey doo
- Obsidian is incompetent
- Interplay needs to die
- Jowood sucks
- Fallout 1 is the only good game ever made

"For Innos!"
ToddMcF2002 is offline

ToddMcF2002

ToddMcF2002's Avatar
SasqWatch

#42

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,230

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 02:20
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Can I suggest a few extra threads for the Codexers so we can keep the BS contained?

- Obsidian is incompetent
Blasphemy.
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
- Fallout 1 is the only good game ever made
Where are Torment and Arcanum?
Shuddup already.
Kz3r0 is offline

Kz3r0

Kz3r0's Avatar
Arcane Trickster

#43

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 69

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 02:35
some of it is clearly out of line. Those posts should be deleted and the posters warned.
That's like complaining about drunken 18 year olds in Tijuana pissing in the streets and throwing up everywhere. Just kick some sand over it and hope they remember how to get home.
Majnun is offline

Majnun

SasqWatch

#44

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 328

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 02:48
I revel in this nightmare pit of idiotic bigots vanishing.
darkling is offline

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

#45

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 836

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 02:59
Originally Posted by Roll-A-Dice View Post
Encouraging conformity, jeez dude, are you sure you run a WoD site? SERIOUSLY? You know, World of Darkness, the games whose founding genres, WERE GOTH AND PUNK. Both fandoms largely about striking out on your own and speaking out about conformity, even when everyone around you looked at you oddly for being weird and/or too outspoken.
My retort would simply be both subcultures yes were about that to a degree (more secondary then primary goals however) but also just as importantly did not entail forcing ones views on another. Which is what you are in essence saying. We are here now and you people should lower your posting standards because of it. Please do not say otherwise and have me waste my time linking to post after post of codex folks stating that in one form or another.

You are totally twisting the entire point of those subcultures to fit into your argument.

But in the end it has less to do with conformity and more to do with simple tact and etiquette. Both of which are quite high in the goth subculture as a whole. If you can not express yourself in a way that does not violate the fairly lax rules here then you prob should find one that allows for such low brow postings and move on. Generally speaking neither subculture is high on anarchy which is what the codex was close too posting standards wise.

-Harlequin
Admin of World of Darkness News
News & Community site for the WoD MMORPG
http://www.wodnews.net
Harlequin is offline

Harlequin

Harlequin's Avatar
Watchdog

#46

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 210
Send a message via Yahoo to Harlequin

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 03:05
lol @ a Watcher accusing the Codex for enforcing their views on others

TEH IRONY IT IZ KILLIMG MEH DAED OLOLOL

Originally Posted by Corwin
When I lock 'em, they STAY LOCKED!! Don't push your luck!!!!
Grunker is offline

Grunker

Grunker's Avatar
Codex Staffie

#47

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 52

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 03:21
i hope they allow me my own space again. i might donate. i also want more respect and engagement by even the ignorant ones. we must mod fallout
Odin@NMA is offline

Odin@NMA

Watcher

#48

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 74

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 04:28
Originally Posted by Grunker View Post
lol @ a Watcher accusing the Codex for enforcing their views on others

TEH IRONY IT IZ KILLIMG MEH DAED OLOLOL
No fucking shit.

* I just wanted to say "no shit", it's important to support each other during these dark times, but your goddamn 10 character limit forced my hand… you've only got yourselves to blame.
Last edited by Topher; December 27th, 2011 at 04:32. Reason: shit character limit
Topher is offline

Topher

Topher's Avatar
Refugee

#49

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 19

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 04:31
Stupid non-prestigious forum with it's pedestrian interface.
Topher is offline

Topher

Topher's Avatar
Refugee

#50

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 19

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 04:45
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
My retort would simply be both subcultures yes were about that to a degree (more secondary then primary goals however) but also just as importantly did not entail forcing ones views on another. Which is what you are in essence saying. We are here now and you people should lower your posting standards because of it. Please do not say otherwise and have me waste my time linking to post after post of codex folks stating that in one form or another.

You are totally twisting the entire point of those subcultures to fit into your argument.

But in the end it has less to do with conformity and more to do with simple tact and etiquette. Both of which are quite high in the goth subculture as a whole. If you can not express yourself in a way that does not violate the fairly lax rules here then you prob should find one that allows for such low brow postings and move on. Generally speaking neither subculture is high on anarchy which is what the codex was close too posting standards wise.
Dude, we haven't asked anyof of y'all to attempt to lower your posting standards at all. We've just asked that you lower the bullshit, OH WE'RE SO BETTER THAN YOU because this and that. And you know what, RPGCodex is a forum that is 10 times more active, and has about 3 times the members of the watch as far as I've seen. It also features far more HONEST discussion about mechanics than I can find by browsing the archives of this forum. We don't have to dilly dally hem and ha, about if we're going to offend someone if we say something, and THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT PUNK WAS ABOUT. That's the reason I fell into the crowd I did in college, because I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT I WAS SAYING, didn't have to doll up my speech, didn't have to behave in any way other than what was instinctual(Note this was back in the early 90s when I first entered College,) because if I said something that offended someone, I'd probably get punched in the face. There wouldn't be a "Sir, you're being offensive please stop." There'd just be a fist to my head and and small tussle while you figured out who was boss.

Allow me to quote the wikipedia Punk subculture page, "Common punk viewpoints include anti-authoritarianism, a DIY ethic, non-conformity, direct action and not selling out"

We aren't attempt to force our views upon you, you are perceiving us as forcing our views upon you, we are arguing with you about whose points are correct. Fact, when you go into an argument it's best to believe your side is superior,otherwise you don't actually support your argument, true or false?

Note that at any point in time you or I could just decide to end this little tussle and walk away. But no, we're both arrogant assholes who can't let a point lie, so we continue to argue it.
Roll-A-Dice is offline

Roll-A-Dice

I am an asshole.

#51

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 53

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 06:03
Gypsy BDSM aficionado versus an overly highly strung Qwinn clone.
Which is better and why?
Canus is offline

Canus

Watcher

#52

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 24

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 08:39
Originally Posted by Roll-A-Dice View Post
Dude, we haven't asked anyof of y'all to attempt to lower your posting standards at all. We've just asked that you lower the bullshit, OH WE'RE SO BETTER THAN YOU because this and that. And you know what, RPGCodex is a forum that is 10 times more active, and has about 3 times the members of the watch as far as I've seen. It also features far more HONEST discussion about mechanics than I can find by browsing the archives of this forum. We don't have to dilly dally hem and ha, about if we're going to offend someone if we say something, and THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT PUNK WAS ABOUT. That's the reason I fell into the crowd I did in college, because I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT I WAS SAYING, didn't have to doll up my speech, didn't have to behave in any way other than what was instinctual(Note this was back in the early 90s when I first entered College,) because if I said something that offended someone, I'd probably get punched in the face. There wouldn't be a "Sir, you're being offensive please stop." There'd just be a fist to my head and and small tussle while you figured out who was boss.

Allow me to quote the wikipedia Punk subculture page, "Common punk viewpoints include anti-authoritarianism, a DIY ethic, non-conformity, direct action and not selling out"

We aren't attempt to force our views upon you, you are perceiving us as forcing our views upon you, we are arguing with you about whose points are correct. Fact, when you go into an argument it's best to believe your side is superior,otherwise you don't actually support your argument, true or false?

Note that at any point in time you or I could just decide to end this little tussle and walk away. But no, we're both arrogant assholes who can't let a point lie, so we continue to argue it.
this fails at satire.
Odin@NMA is offline

Odin@NMA

Watcher

#53

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 74

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 09:10
Originally Posted by darkling View Post
I revel in this nightmare pit of idiotic bigots vanishing.
"I revel…" = I supremely immerse and enjoy myself in… (eg: pigs in shit)
"this nightmare pit…" = hole full of bad dreams.
"…of idiotic bigots…" = people of low intelligence who expect good behavior from others while not adhering to their own principles (eg: priests, politicians)
"vanishing" = the process of disappearing

Now put it together:
"I feel like a pig in shit in a hole full of bad dreams of priests and politicians of low intelligence who are in the process of disappearing."

Wat?

- Bethesda sucks
- EA is donkey doo
- Bioware sucks EA donkey doo
- Obsidian is incompetent
- Interplay needs to die
- Jowood sucks
- Fallout 1 is the only good game ever made
Now this is interesting. It obviously means the average Watcher thinks that:
- Bethesda is awesome in every aspect
- EA is great, too. They should charge much more for their games since they are so awesome. We love giving them access to our private computers.
- Bioware is the bestest evar. Who else would have the audacity to combine gay-lesbian dating sims with cover based shooter mechanics to make the best story-driven RPGs imaginable?
- Obsidian is competent. KotOR2: most finished and polished product ever. NWN2: So good, it didn't need a single patch. Other devs still try to copy the awesomeness of the camera controls and UI. Their other games just improved upon those strengths.
- Interplay and especially Herve Caen are the sole bastion of trustworthiness and morality left in today's industry (apart from EA, OE, Bioware, Bethesda, Jowood and every other dev and publisher). They have provided us with so many awesome games in the last 5 years that it'd really be a shame if they went belly up.
- Jowood is so awesome it's hard to express in words. When they dumped Pyranha Bytes and brought the Gothic series to where it always should have been that was a glorious day. Whenever one of their games won't install because of broken copy-protection/DRM it's a day to be marked as especially good in our My-Little-Pony diary. The only better days are when the games install and stutter. Awesome gameplay.
- Fallout 1 is the only bad game ever made


Hey, this extreme prejudicing is quite cool. I could never have gotten away with this on the codex. (Just kidding. The codex morons can be even worse. Especially since they should know better and generally consider themselves to be above such stupidity.)

And it's "Roll-A-Die", FFS.
Shannow is offline

Shannow

Shannow's Avatar
Traveler

#54

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 09:53
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Can I suggest a few extra threads for the Codexers so we can keep the BS contained?
- Bethesda sucks
- EA is donkey doo
- Bioware sucks EA donkey doo
- Obsidian is incompetent
- Interplay needs to die
- Jowood sucks
- Fallout 1 is the only good game ever made
And odn't forget the let's post pretty witches and the bullet hell shmups are the only true games left thread thingies, or you ar egoing to start croaking and chasing tasty flies before you can say, like, ooopsie, did I offend the pretties and most fabulos witch ever?

And Fallot sucks. Deal with it.

"Oitsukenai SUPIIDO de. Nee tsuitekureru no? Mr. Taxi, Taxi, Taxi soutou jeukshi jeukshi jeukshi. Hikarikagayaku kedo furerarenai no, masa ni supersonic ‘n hypertonic, ubatte hoshii no you take me ima sugu. Mr. Taxi, Taxi, Taxi soutou jeukshi jeukshi jeukshi. Kedo kantan ni wa ikanai no yo!"
Wicked Witch of Loliland is offline

Wicked Witch of Loliland

Wicked Witch of Loliland's Avatar
All hail. Nao.

#55

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: At the left hand of God.
Posts: 112

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 09:57
Originally Posted by Shannow View Post
Now this is interesting. It obviously means the average Watcher thinks that:
- Bethesda is awesome in every aspect
- EA is great, too. They should charge much more for their games since they are so awesome. We love giving them access to our private computers.
- Bioware is the bestest evar. Who else would have the audacity to combine gay-lesbian dating sims with cover based shooter mechanics to make the best story-driven RPGs imaginable?
- Obsidian is competent. KotOR2: most finished and polished product ever. NWN2: So good, it didn't need a single patch. Other devs still try to copy the awesomeness of the camera controls and UI. Their other games just improved upon those strengths.
- Interplay and especially Herve Caen are the sole bastion of trustworthiness and morality left in today's industry (apart from EA, OE, Bioware, Bethesda, Jowood and every other dev and publisher). They have provided us with so many awesome games in the last 5 years that it'd really be a shame if they went belly up.
- Jowood is so awesome it's hard to express in words. When they dumped Pyranha Bytes and brought the Gothic series to where it always should have been that was a glorious day. Whenever one of their games won't install because of broken copy-protection/DRM it's a day to be marked as especially good in our My-Little-Pony diary. The only better days are when the games install and stutter. Awesome gameplay.
- Fallout 1 is the only bad game ever made
This is the best post.
Crooked Bee is offline

Crooked Bee

Crooked Bee's Avatar
Imma bee

#56

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 123

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 10:13
Looks like the codex no-compromise doctrine is alive and well. An idea can truly never die.
rk47 is offline

rk47

rk47's Avatar
Ma..majestic!

#57

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 156

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 10:51
Wew, the watch is going to become a really lively place!
GothicGothicness is offline

GothicGothicness

GothicGothicness's Avatar
SasqWatch

#58

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,165

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 10:54
I've…seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Skyrim threads on fire off the shoulder of General RPG Discussion.
I watched tranny pics glitter in the dark near General Discussion.
All those moments will be lost in time…like Andhaira alts in rain.

Time…to die.

Last edited by Infinitron; December 27th, 2011 at 18:01.
Infinitron is offline

Infinitron

Infinitron's Avatar
Watcher

#59

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 48

Default 

December 27th, 2011, 11:33
We need pikes and I mean enough for several thousand heads.

PS. I guess people from Rpgcodex don't know the meaning of moderation, middle ground, and having your own opinion and tolerating others. Otherwise the below post wouldn't exist.

Originally Posted by Shannow View Post
"I revel…" = I supremely immerse and enjoy myself in… (eg: pigs in shit)
"this nightmare pit…" = hole full of bad dreams.
"…of idiotic bigots…" = people of low intelligence who expect good behavior from others while not adhering to their own principles (eg: priests, politicians)
"vanishing" = the process of disappearing

Now put it together:
"I feel like a pig in shit in a hole full of bad dreams of priests and politicians of low intelligence who are in the process of disappearing."

Wat?


Now this is interesting. It obviously means the average Watcher thinks that:
- Bethesda is awesome in every aspect
- EA is great, too. They should charge much more for their games since they are so awesome. We love giving them access to our private computers.
- Bioware is the bestest evar. Who else would have the audacity to combine gay-lesbian dating sims with cover based shooter mechanics to make the best story-driven RPGs imaginable?
- Obsidian is competent. KotOR2: most finished and polished product ever. NWN2: So good, it didn't need a single patch. Other devs still try to copy the awesomeness of the camera controls and UI. Their other games just improved upon those strengths.
- Interplay and especially Herve Caen are the sole bastion of trustworthiness and morality left in today's industry (apart from EA, OE, Bioware, Bethesda, Jowood and every other dev and publisher). They have provided us with so many awesome games in the last 5 years that it'd really be a shame if they went belly up.
- Jowood is so awesome it's hard to express in words. When they dumped Pyranha Bytes and brought the Gothic series to where it always should have been that was a glorious day. Whenever one of their games won't install because of broken copy-protection/DRM it's a day to be marked as especially good in our My-Little-Pony diary. The only better days are when the games install and stutter. Awesome gameplay.
- Fallout 1 is the only bad game ever made


Hey, this extreme prejudicing is quite cool. I could never have gotten away with this on the codex. (Just kidding. The codex morons can be even worse. Especially since they should know better and generally consider themselves to be above such stupidity.)

And it's "Roll-A-Die", FFS.
guenthar is offline

guenthar

SasqWatch

#60

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,549
Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

Tags
butthurt, furry wicked witches, sentinel
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » RPGCodex is no more?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:24.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch