Skyrim - On compass and journal and the road to nowhere

Yeah besides the bad character creation/development I would say this is the worse thing in the game. I don't mind marking spots on my map in some quests, but getting no info on a quest and a magic marker showing up in your compass and map is pretty dumb.

There was one quest where I was told to go to a specific place and it wasn't even marked on my map. There were no directions or any indication of where I had to go. I had to actually make the quest active to find it with a marker.

I also hate how you get in range of any new places not on your map and they come into view on the compass. There really should be an option to turn the compass off and better journal entries and quest givers.

High Hrothgar has to be one of the worst places to get to. I'd hate to have to find my way. Now the clairvoyance spell is a great crutch for us mages, but you steel-swingers would just be up the proverbial creek :)

I found it before I knew I needed to go there - but then my character had an addiction to climbing to the top of whatever mountain he could see at the start of the game. He's just about got over it now.

LOL! Well I can attest to that compulsion as well. My character is becoming jaded because he has yet to find Julie Andrews. Not another shrine to Talos again!

Somebody needs to mod her in, singing the Sound of Music :) It'd be hilarious if she was singing doe, a deer a female deer, ray a drop of golden sun, me, a name I call myself, Fa, a long long way to run from this dragon...eek! Dragon consumes Maria. end mod :D

Back
Top Bottom