|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Demo on Feb 14

Default Mass Effect 3 - Demo on Feb 14

January 18th, 2012, 22:51
EA and BioWare announce the Mass Effect 3 demo will be released on February 14th:

BIOWARE UNLEASHES MASS EFFECT 3 DEMO FEBRUARY 14
BioWare Gives Everybody Something to Embrace this Valentine’s Day with the Release of the Single-and-Multi-Player Demo for 2012’s Most Anticipated Game
GUILDFORD, UK – January 18, 2012 – Award-winning developer BioWare, a label of Electronic Arts Inc., announced today that the demo for 2012’s first blockbuster game, Mass Effect™ 3 will be available beginning February 14, 2012. The extensive demo will allow players to experience the all-out galactic war against an ancient alien race known as the Reapers from multiple fronts, including the mind-blowing opening attack on Earth that kicks off the single-player campaign. Players will go deeper into the campaign and also get a taste of the franchise’s new co-operative multiplayer mode as they preview the epic story, adrenaline-pumping action and deep customization options that lie ahead when Mass Effect 3 launches on March 6, 2012. The Mass Effect 3 demo will be available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Mass Effect 3 will also be one of the first pre-launch demos to support full voice recognition functionality on Kinect™ for Xbox 360.

“We are excited to be able to give gamers an expansive demo that will put them right on the front lines of this all-out galactic war,” said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series. “The entire scale of the game is bigger than anything we’ve ever done. With its intense action, deep customization and raw emotional power, Mass Effect 3 will deliver a spectacular action RPG experience to fans of the series and newcomers alike.”
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 18th, 2012, 22:51
I think "raw emotional power" is a new one.

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

January 19th, 2012, 00:00
Since the last demo Bioware released saved me sixty bucks, I'm going to be checking this one out, too.

Mithter Thibbs

Watcher

January 19th, 2012, 01:23
Played a few hours of me1. Bought me2 and never played it. Won't be getting me3.

sakichop

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2012, 01:50
I will pick this up much later when there is a gaming droubt. Really not interested in this guys, anyone feel the same ?

rich ruffo

Sentinel

January 19th, 2012, 02:10
I love there marketing department there always good for a laugh.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 19th, 2012, 02:41
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Played a few hours of me1. Bought me2 and never played it. Won't be getting me3.
Haha. Same exact scenario for me!

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

January 19th, 2012, 05:22
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I liked what I played of ME1, but I just couldn't decide what class I wanted to stick with. I started over three times with different characters and eventually stopped playing. I'm actually looking forward to giving it another try, and unless I end up hating ME2, I'll most likely purchase ME3.

I don't really see the purpose of a demo for ME3 though.

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2012, 07:02
The demo is probably designed to entice that COD/GOW crowd that doesn't like rpgs.

Awesome/Epic/Testicular combat set-pieces and whatnot.

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

January 19th, 2012, 09:38
Originally Posted by Mithter Thibbs View Post
Since the last demo Bioware released saved me sixty bucks, I'm going to be checking this one out, too.
I will quote my friend if you dont mind

"I used to like BioWare games, but then i pressed the awesome button"

English is not my Home language so excuse me if i make some gramer mistakes or write sometimes bit conffusing

Fraper

Keeper of the Watch

January 19th, 2012, 11:02
I will most certainly get Mass Effect 3 at one point, but I won't get the demo. I'll go into Mass Effect 3 as blind as I can. I really liked Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2012, 11:24
I'll be getting it, I have to see how the whole thing ends. ME2 was decent in terms of gameplay and characters, but the main story was a letdown. Hopefully, ME3 is a worthy ending to what ME1 started.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 19th, 2012, 13:29
I fear that if ME3 doesn't sell accordingly (to their estimations), they'll blame pirates, rather than disappointed RPG fans …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

January 19th, 2012, 13:39
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I don't really see the purpose of a demo for ME3 though.
They made one for ME2 and it was released after the game. It probably work really well as a marketing tool and EA want more people to buy ME3…

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

January 19th, 2012, 13:41
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
They made one for ME2 and it was released after the game. It probably work really well as a marketing tool and EA want more people to buy ME3…
Not in my case: I didn't like the gameplay in the ME2 demo very much, and subsequently decided on not buying this game (ME2, that is).

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Demo on Feb 14