|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 3 tweaks?

Default Gothic 3 tweaks?

February 5th, 2012, 00:04
I gave it shot a while back but had memory-related crashes before hitting the 2hour mark. Apparently 4 gigs of RAM are not enough.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 5th, 2012, 08:46
I cannot recall if the EXE has the LAA flag set (for us with Win764 and 6 GB or more). If not that might help (I have the little app I used for Skyrim somewhere). I'll try to look into it one of these days…

JonNik

SasqWatch

February 5th, 2012, 09:54
If you have the community patch installed then all of the relevant files are LAA flagged.
And -yes- it is true that 4GB of RAM are not enough depending on the settings you use. PCGH recommends 8GB of RAM and a Core i7 CPU for its ULTRA/INSANE quality ini files.
I'm pretty sure that they just mean a really powerful CPU though and not necessarily a Core i7. Gothic 3 (as of v1.6) does not make use of multiple cores or any multi- or hyperthreading so at least theoretically a really high-clocked single core CPU would be sufficient, too.

Moriendor

Spielkind

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 3 tweaks?