|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Precursors review on Moby games

Default Precursors review on Moby games

February 6th, 2012, 04:53
Here's a wordy user review on Moby games:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/window…viewerId,6226/

badmofo

Tired but happy

Default DId he play in English or Russian?

February 21st, 2012, 08:45
Fair comment, a well written and nicely balanced review.

The reviewer has good English skills, but I have to wonder if he is bilingual in Russian, or if he had the benefit of "our" English translation?
Quote from the review: "The original Russian dialogue is well-written, with plenty of silly, nonchalant humor; …"

VET

Witcher

February 26th, 2012, 23:45
Yes it would be good to know, but I assume he played the Russian version - no-one could call the English translation well written! It's the main reason I stopped playing these games.

badmofo

Tired but happy

February 27th, 2012, 16:02
Originally Posted by badmofo View Post
Yes it would be good to know, but I assume he played the Russian version - no-one could call the English translation well written!
The translation is horrible, I'll be the first to admit that, but you can still glimpse a bit of the original humor now and then. Just remember the mission about the guy whose mother in law had been abducted .

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

March 3rd, 2012, 02:30
Originally Posted by Wesp5 View Post
The translation is horrible, I'll be the first to admit that, but you can still glimpse a bit of the original humor now and then. Just remember the mission about the guy whose mother in law had been abducted .
An I the only one who likes the translation? It makes me feel like I am playing a Russian game with Russian accented English NPC's. Yes, a lot of things don't make sense in English, but then again they don't really have too.

HomerPepsi

blank

April 28th, 2012, 12:32
Originally Posted by HomerPepsi View Post
An I the only one who likes the translation? It makes me feel like I am playing a Russian game with Russian accented English NPC's. Yes, a lot of things don't make sense in English, but then again they don't really have too.
Exactly. I didn't mind the translation as well. Most jokes are easy to understand and honestly? Perfect translation would actually take you out of the atmosphere.

On the side note, from that review summary..

"Why don't they make more games like this? "

Probably cause only Indie developer making a game like this almost went bankrupt. Not to mention almost no interest from most sites for their games (other than occasional mention). This is why no one makes these games and prefers creating same shit like Mass Effect and COD.

ortucis

August 24th, 2012, 05:49
Originally Posted by ortucis View Post
"Why don't they make more games like this? "
Don't get me started…

Grub

Precursorian

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Precursors review on Moby games