|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Underground Prototype

Default Grim Dawn - Underground Prototype

March 1st, 2012, 00:45
Crate has posted an update on the Grim Dawn forums along with some screens of a cellar:
Been working out a better way to do undergrounds that utilizes the heightmap, instead of the old tile grid, which was limiting and required a lot of unique geometry just to make a very basic scene.

Here are some screenshots of a "cellar" style underground. This was just supposed to be a prototype but I think it is getting close to a finished product. Just needs a little polish and more art.

Getting the undergrounds constructed is one of the larger tasks left to finish before alpha release, so this is a big step forward.

Also, you might notice we've been playing around with the UI based on prior feedback about it being a little too crowded and noisy. Rhis hates it, of course, but me let know what you think.

http://www.grimdawn.com/media_screenshots.php
More information.
Last edited by Dhruin; March 1st, 2012 at 12:34.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 1st, 2012, 00:45
THE DIABLO KILLER. I am old school excited to get my hands on this game, just look at that HUD . This is probably on the top of my priority list and has been quiet some time. I purchased 2 copies to help support this clearly out of love project.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

March 1st, 2012, 11:09
I ordered the Legendary edition to help supprot this title. TQ was fantastic (in my opinion) and hopefully this one is even better.

We satisfy our endless needs, and justify our bloody deeds, in the name of destiny, and in the name of God.

Icefire

Sentinel
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

March 1st, 2012, 23:46
TQ plus expantion was fantastic,and is ageing well. There is a MOD for TQ its a complete conversion called Lilith.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

March 2nd, 2012, 18:45
Originally Posted by rich ruffo View Post
THE DIABLO KILLER. I am old school excited to get my hands on this game, just look at that HUD . This is probably on the top of my priority list and has been quiet some time. I purchased 2 copies to help support this clearly out of love project.
The over-the-top brightly colored particle effects are not "old school". They're new-school and annoying. I hope they aren't intended to distract people from shoddy gameplay. I wish devs would figure out that just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

CraigCWB

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Underground Prototype