|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Gamersgate Version Audio Problems

Default Gamersgate Version Audio Problems

January 26th, 2012, 15:31
I got a reply by Gamersgate today that they contacted Deep Shadows about it, so it appears to be in their hands now.

Since I am not in a big hurry, I much prefer a legal solution that is available to everyone who purchased the game: it might end up attracting some more buyers and by this reward Deep Shadows for taking on a risky, ambitious project like Precursors. In my view, this would be the best possible outcome. Downloading an illegal copy would be a work-around only for me, and one that I am not fond of at all. Since I do not have much time for games anyway, I would probably just consider the 30 EUR wasted.

coyote

Sentinel

January 27th, 2012, 15:48
Hey everybody,

I have the exact same issue - I have the Gamergsate version and cannot get the Russian audio… Can anyone who has them re-upload to a new site?

Thanks,

—Cam

Cam

Traveler

January 28th, 2012, 08:03
Hi again,

I have been in contact with Beamdog and they indicated they may well run a sale soon on their version of Precursors and Xenus 2. So if you were thinking of buying the games soon, or are willing to spend a few $ to get access to the fan improvement pack, that may be the way to go.

—Cam

Cam

Traveler

January 30th, 2012, 19:40
Good news: the gf_sounds.grp and main.fat files are now available from Gamersgate directly, listed as patches to the original game.

coyote

Sentinel

January 31st, 2012, 04:05
Nice work coyote, +1 to going through the proper channels with the community in mind!

badmofo

Tired but happy

January 31st, 2012, 04:28
GamersGate customer support is great. This just proves it to me that they really do listen to their customers unlike other services I could name *cough* Origin/Steam *cough*

Thanks, Coyote, for getting them to help us out.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

February 5th, 2012, 19:22
Thank you, although the credit should really go to GamersGate and Deep Shadows. I just asked politely.

Does anyone know whether the GamersGate version is 1.0 or already 1.1?

coyote

Sentinel

February 26th, 2012, 21:14
Is there any way someone could reupload the sound files since Megaupload is gone?

tajlund

Traveler

March 1st, 2012, 16:29
Nevermind. I managed to dig up a disc of the russian version, installed it, took the files I needed from it and put them in my version, then reinstalled Wesps patch. Works perfect.

tajlund

Traveler

January 19th, 2013, 03:17
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
Does anyone know whether the GamersGate version is 1.0 or already 1.1?
I'm just about to start playing this game. I would like to know the answer to this, as well? Anyone…anyone…Bueller?

gozioso

Watchdog

January 19th, 2013, 04:44
Voodoo economics…

It's version 1, the version 1.1 binaries all have starforce in them, so you can upgrade using the available patch, but then you run into copy protection issues. It's possible to get around these issues with a disk image and daemon tools, but it's a bit of a pain in the bum.

badmofo

Tired but happy

January 19th, 2013, 05:14
Thanks for the reply. However, the Gamersgate version does use Starforce, I believe. I was prompted to enter a serial key when I first ran the game.

gozioso

Watchdog

November 13th, 2013, 09:57
Can anyone please upload these sound files, because looks like the file is deleted.
I have updated 1.0.1 official patch and 1.7 unofficial patch, but no weapon sound.

Thank you

raulk89

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Gamersgate Version Audio Problems