|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » G2 NOTR - Xfire problem

Default G2 NOTR - Xfire problem

March 9th, 2012, 14:59
Anyone managed to play G2 NOTR (I have GOG version) and take in game screenshots? I can start the game from Xfire and my playtime is recorded but I can't take screenshots…

When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I'm a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

bloodlover

Sentinel

March 9th, 2012, 15:17
Not sure if it will work with Xfire but…

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…12#post2885612

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 9th, 2012, 18:57
Oh too bad. One more things: is pickpocketing good in this game? I'm going for an archer, I joined thief guild and soon will go for mercenaries.

Right down I am doing the chalice quests from the thief guild

When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I'm a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

bloodlover

Sentinel

March 10th, 2012, 09:23
Originally Posted by bloodlover View Post
One more things: is pickpocketing good in this game?
As I recall, pickpocketing is based on your dexterity. Certain npcs are harder to pickpocket than others, and you get more XP for pickpocketing in the later chapters.

You can only pickpocket someone once though. So if you get them in Chapter 2 for instance, you won't have the option in Chapter 3, etc. It's better to wait until the later chapters unless you need to pickpocket someone as part of a quest.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 10th, 2012, 23:35
Definitely get pickpocketing at some point. You get a load of XP, a fair bit of gold and at least one quest needs it. However for harder pickpocketing (eg where it is described as "difficult" to pickpocket a purse etc) try to boost dexterity as much as possible by wearing rings of skill, amulets, belts etc.

Its a tactical decision about when to get it during the game - I've had it both earlier and later, it just depends if you need those skill points for something more valuable at the time. There is no difference in the amount of XP you get based on chapters - but you get more XP from each person the more people you pickpocket.

If you're not sure you're going to be able to pickpocket someone successfully, it pays to save the game beforehand otherwise you could have an angry paladin or whatever chasing you around

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

March 11th, 2012, 10:25
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
There is no difference in the amount of XP you get based on chapters - but you get more XP from each person the more people you pickpocket.
I could be mistaken, but I don't think it works that way. I'm pretty sure you get more XP for pickpocketing in the later chapters. It has nothing to do with how many people you've thieved from.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 11th, 2012, 12:04
Now I am confused, but I'll leave the chalice quest for later just to be sure.

bloodlover

Sentinel

March 11th, 2012, 16:54
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I could be mistaken, but I don't think it works that way. I'm pretty sure you get more XP for pickpocketing in the later chapters. It has nothing to do with how many people you've thieved from.
That's also how I remember it, certain activities like pickpocketing and reading bookstands provide increased XP in later chapters.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » G2 NOTR - Xfire problem