|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend of Grimrock - Map Editor News

Default Legend of Grimrock - Map Editor News

April 6th, 2012, 14:31
The Grimrock site takes a look at some early reviews, which we've already covered, but also provides a quick update as Almost Human starts prepping the level editor for eventual release:
Also, a bit of development related news: we have started working on the level editing capabilities. There’s not much to report yet since the whole thing is still pretty much undergoing some planning and early prototyping but we should be on the right track. Anyways the current plan is to release the editor in stages: initially the editor will be rather simple but more advanced features and scripting capabilities will be added in incrementally in later releases. That way you can get your hands on the editor more quickly and we can get useful feedback from you already in the early stages.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 6th, 2012, 14:31
Allready glad i preordered.

Now I only hope they really plan to add roguelike random dungeon generator too, as they mentioned in one of their posts

Twotricks

Sentinel

April 6th, 2012, 15:40
Ι was thinking, someone will recreate the levels of EOB or Dungeon Master

Zagorin

Traveler

April 6th, 2012, 16:17
Originally Posted by Zagorin View Post
Ι was thinking, someone will recreate the levels of EOB or Dungeon Master
I would like to see a recreation of Raven's debut title The Black Crypt. Unless you had an Amiga, you wouldn't have had a chance to play that one. They were going to port it to the PC, but nothing besides a 2 level demo was ever released.

Xian

Watchdog

April 6th, 2012, 17:13
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
I would like to see a recreation of Raven's debut title The Black Crypt. Unless you had an Amiga, you wouldn't have had a chance to play that one. They were going to port it to the PC, but nothing besides a 2 level demo was ever released.
Whoa, I had no idea this even existed. Yeah, definitely that needs to be floated around the game's forum as a worthy discussion topic at the least once the game is actually out and the modding works begin.

getter77

Sentinel

April 6th, 2012, 21:58
Main problem with recreating classic dungeon crawlers would be the monster models. Grimrock's people have done some fantastic work.

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend of Grimrock - Map Editor News