|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout: New Vegas - DLC: Continuing the Story

Default Fallout: New Vegas - DLC: Continuing the Story

April 10th, 2012, 12:56
G4TV writes about a PAX presentation from Chris Avellone about tying the four Fallout: New Vegas DLCs packs into one story arc:
They knew the player was a courier, often delivered dangerous packages, and had traveled out west into the Mojave desert. Obsidian wondered what would have happened had the Courier delivered their package rather than being shot and having it stolen before the game began. That single, successful delivery would have completely changed the scope and layout of the entire Mojave Wasteland. Avellone and his team wondered about all the other side quests in New Vegas, and what if even a small percentage of them had the same world-shattering impact? That's when the team began to get excited about the four DLC packs.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 10th, 2012, 12:56
It's good to know Chris is still alive and kicking…

But mark my words, one day he'll cut the crap, stop talking about things we all know and start talking about Torment2.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 10th, 2012, 12:58
I still want to know who The Nameless One really was and what crime he committed. There has been a lot of speculation, but no definite answer yet as far as I know.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 10th, 2012, 15:56
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I still want to know who The Nameless One really was and what crime he committed. There has been a lot of speculation, but no definite answer yet as far as I know.
Don't you think that's the whole point? You never get to find out and TNO remains in mystery

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

April 10th, 2012, 18:23
Who said Torment2 should answer on TNO's all previous incarnations including the one Ravel fallen in love with? For all we know TNO could have been even Aoskar himself who tricked LoP into undying circle. What matters is that TNO got his ending. But Sigil still lives.
And Torment2 shouldn't be about TNO.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 10th, 2012, 19:22
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
But Sigil still lives.
And Torment2 shouldn't be about TNO.
I agree. Another game in the Planescape setting would be great, but the story doesn't need to be based on any preexisting material.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 11th, 2012, 11:42
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Don't you think that's the whole point? You never get to find out and TNO remains in mystery
Yeah, I know. Doesn't mean I'm not curious though! Must've been quite a massive crime..

Also, I never said anything about PST2 being about TNO, so why are people bringing it up? MCA answering TNO questions has nothing to do with PST2. In fact, PST2 will never be made, simply because the whole Planescape setting has been stopped by Wizards of the Coast. Noone will get to make new Planescape games. At least not until WotC changes their mind.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout: New Vegas - DLC: Continuing the Story