|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » RAVENMARK: Scourge of Estellion An epic turn-based strategy game

Default RAVENMARK: Scourge of Estellion An epic turn-based strategy game

April 9th, 2012, 03:00
I still can't understand why pens don't put a halfway descent video card, even descent integrated ones, into laptops. And why to purchase a laptop capable of any gaming even gaming from 10 years ago you need to spend more than an iPad or close to a grand? (don't mention newegg I'm talking about retail like BestBuy). I want a gaming PC I can hook up to my HdTV Tv out or move around my small crammed apartment, I don't have room for a big PC box, and already have an iMac and iPad. But why do they have such crappy graphic cards?
AppleIntimidation is offline

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

#121

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 332

Default 

April 9th, 2012, 06:29
I'm not sure what a pen is in the context you used it in, but I can enlighten you as to why people don't buy pc's or laptops at retail stores. They don't want them preloaded with tons of junk on them. My laptop, which will run several different games at the same time as well as 10+ pages open is 3 yrs old and runs circles around any tablet you'll see for the next few years or so. If it had come from a box retail store, I'm sure it would run much slower or destroyed by now. I think it cost me a bit over 1k, but three years after buying it I feel like I did well.

And nowadays, my machine is nowhere near tops of the line. I've seen a couple of real beast laptops, and if and when mine dies, that's what I'll be getting. Tablets might be nice for crossword puzzles or reading purposes, but when I game I want something with some umph.


-Carn
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#122

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Posts: 1,619

Default 

April 9th, 2012, 07:33
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I'm not sure what a pen is in the context you used it in, but I can enlighten you as to why people don't buy pc's or laptops at retail stores. They don't want them preloaded with tons of junk on them. My laptop, which will run several different games at the same time as well as 10+ pages open is 3 yrs old and runs circles around any tablet you'll see for the next few years or so. If it had come from a box retail store, I'm sure it would run much slower or destroyed by now. I think it cost me a bit over 1k, but three years after buying it I feel like I did well.

And nowadays, my machine is nowhere near tops of the line. I've seen a couple of real beast laptops, and if and when mine dies, that's what I'll be getting. Tablets might be nice for crossword puzzles or reading purposes, but when I game I want something with some umph.


-Carn
I dont think thats true in all cases. There are tablets matching PC specs and even ones running Windows 7 pretty well (like the last models that came out with the OS which was in late 2011). Also, tablets offer a different sort of interactivity than possible on heavy and bulky laptops. They allow you t surf webpages and browse articles very smoothly and like a book or magazine. The iPads unlike now Macs and Windows devices never got malware as well and take out popups and other hazards on the Web.

Plus, I dont think purchasing a heavy and expensive laptop over the Internet is a good idea due to often them mistaking items or packaging (in my experience using Amazon and eBay). One time I ordered Unreal 2 and got Doom 2 instead. These sorts of mistakes scare me for doing big transactions online. I also recently fixed my iPad screen and ordered an off-market brand parts and my screen sometimes stutters. Id rather use retail and be able to exchange or repair the product right away.

Also, you cant compare specs of laptops using Windows to iPads running iOS. iOS can have a lot weaker specs and function a lot more smoothly due to the operating system being tailored for it. Games that require heavy PC specs — like Warm Gun, Machinarium, GTA 3, or Battle Academy — can run on even first gen iPads that you can get for only $150 (cheaper than the Vita and much better too).
AppleIntimidation is offline

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

#123

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 332

Default 

April 9th, 2012, 19:10
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
STFU seriously.


Back on topic - THANK YOU for the latest update! With my new iPad 3 I finally got around to starting a new campaign and things looked 'funky'. Was going to report it, but then the update arrived. Awesome as always!
Man I want the new one…I bought the ipad 2. Anyways, I was firmly in who needs an ipad before I bought one for my wife….after I played it a bit they are great. If you need a portable gaming machine they kick ass…of course they don't beat specs for pc's etc but they are great for what they are. They aren't just crossword games, this game ravenmark is good on it, there are a lot of games.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#124

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,918

Default 

April 12th, 2012, 12:50
Originally Posted by appleintimidation View Post
*Link Deleted*
yo listen up - this is a thread for ravenmark, not your personal dumping ground. Please delete your post and start a new thread for 'random ios games'.

— Mike
Last edited by skavenhorde; April 18th, 2012 at 12:11. Reason: Link to other game deleted
txa1265 is offline

txa1265

txa1265's Avatar
SasqWatch

#125

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corning, NY USA
Posts: 11,410

Default 

April 18th, 2012, 12:12
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
yo listen up - this is a thread for ravenmark, not your personal dumping ground. Please delete your post and start a new thread for 'random ios games'.
It's gone now.

Not exactly sure what he was thinking. It's not hard to start a new thread.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
skavenhorde is offline

skavenhorde

skavenhorde's Avatar
Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

#126

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 5,408

Default 

April 20th, 2012, 00:01
Sorry I just want to mention this because it was brought up earlier and the game just came out and is actually also a strategy title like ravenmark and a rival. It turned out pretty good apparently:
http://www.touchgen.net/total-war-battles-shogun-review

What you say TX?
AppleIntimidation is offline

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

#127

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 332

Default 

April 20th, 2012, 04:03
Originally Posted by AppleIntimidation View Post
Sorry I just want to mention this because it was brought up earlier and the game just came out and is actually also a strategy title like ravenmark and a rival. It turned out pretty good apparently:
http://www.touchgen.net/total-war-battles-shogun-review

What you say TX?
I say that you really need to learn about the 'New Thread' button.

— Mike
txa1265 is offline

txa1265

txa1265's Avatar
SasqWatch

#128

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corning, NY USA
Posts: 11,410

Default 

November 9th, 2012, 09:01
Heya all! I know it's been ages so I thought to update you guys!

We've been busy at growing Ravenmark and since the last time, we've added another two campaigns so we're looking at 42 missions! There's also Game Center and iPhone 5 support.

Game trailer

Here's the universal version and here's the episodic version in case you wanna try it before you put some money down.

Creative Lead at Witching Hour Studios
www.witching-hour.net
www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga
Tebius is offline

Tebius

Watcher

#129

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 34

Tags
character, ios 5, tactics, tbs, turn based strategy
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » RAVENMARK: Scourge of Estellion An epic turn-based strategy game
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:27.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch