|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Welcome - introduce yourself!

Default Welcome - introduce yourself!

February 21st, 2012, 07:25
Hey hello! Feel at home.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Meet my wonderful MX.
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 25th, 2012, 00:11
Welcome one and all! Get comfortable and enjoy. This is a great site, so jump into the water, it's fine.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

March 5th, 2012, 08:57
I guess I'll go next, since I've never introduced myself…

I'm Raggie, a 32-year-old female gamer from Finland. I've played games for as long as I can remember. My first RPG was Lands of Lore - The Throne of Chaos and since then I've played more RPGs than I can remember. The thing I most enjoy about RPGs is the sense of adventure and the huge variety of the genre. I enjoy all styles of RPGs, be it action, tactical, Japanese, old-school or modern. I love it how I can play an RPG with finely-tuned combat where I just skip the story, and next play an RPG that is all about the story and characters and the combat is merely spicing things up. I most enjoy RPGs with tactical, turn-based combat, first-person RPGs (especially the old-fashioned ones with grid-based movement) and Bioware RPGs. I'm also a fan of the Might and Magic series (currently playing MM6) and Ultima (Lady Isolde Dragon here!). My favorite RPG of all time is probably Baldur's Gate 2, though Lands of Lore has the most special place in my heart for being the first.

Because of my varied tastes in RPGs, I don't usually chat in forums because I don't really fit in anywhere. RPG communities tend to levitate towards a certain style of RPG and snub the rest, which is a shame. I guess I'm lucky to be able to enjoy everything this genre has to offer, be it a game from 20 years ago or the latest Bioware RPG/shooter. A good game is entertaining, no matter how it achieves that goal or what genre it belongs to.

So, that's me. Hello everyone!

Raggie

Watchdog

March 5th, 2012, 09:20
Sounds to me like you'll fit in just perfectly here. Welcome and enjoy!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

March 5th, 2012, 15:16
Welcome!

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

March 5th, 2012, 15:26
Hello !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 5th, 2012, 20:11
Welcome, and have fun!

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Meet my wonderful MX.
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 6th, 2012, 02:22
JUST OUT OF INTEREST,is rpgwqatch an english site?
i'm boxing up my pc gsames collected and used over the years and wondering the best way to sell them off.
i live in london so it would be pointless trying to shift a large number of games outside of london england as the weight of the boxes would cost way top much to post.

i never thought i be this old!
Last edited by DONKEYARSE; March 6th, 2012 at 03:22.

DONKEYARSE

Watcher

March 6th, 2012, 02:36
Most of us at the Watch type in something akin to English, so that makes it an english site, yes?

The site is owned by crazy Euros, administered by residents of multiple continents, and moderated by close to a dozen nationalities. But, unless I'm somehow forgetting someone, not a Brit to be found.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 6th, 2012, 03:24
thats pretty amazing dont you think

i never thought i be this old!

DONKEYARSE

Watcher

March 6th, 2012, 11:28
Not really, the Brits lost their Empire years ago!! We colonials now run things!!!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

April 19th, 2012, 00:53
Hello! Great to be here!

I've been a gamer most of his life but it wasn’t until the SNES era that I realized the potential of video games as an artistic medium with games like Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound. I was a former writer, but now work full time at Experimental Gamer (www.experimentalgamer.com) where I handleprogramming, art, design, and writing. When I'm not creating games I like surfing Wikipedia, reading film and game reviews, and playing Ultimate Werewolf. My superpower is an enhanced sense of timing.

I'm currently working on Boot Hill Heroes (www.experimentalgamer.com/boot-hill-heroes) - a spaghetti western style retro RPG.

DapperDave

Traveler

April 19th, 2012, 01:26
Welcome to the Watch. Many people have asked for a Western RPG over the years, so good luck with the project. We here at the Watch support and encourage Indie games, so let us know how we can help as the game draws close to completion.

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

April 19th, 2012, 17:27
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Welcome to the Watch. Many people have asked for a Western RPG over the years, so good luck with the project. We here at the Watch support and encourage Indie games, so let us know how we can help as the game draws close to completion.
Thanks so much! We've kept it under wraps for so long it's great to hear people are interested in the concept.

DapperDave

Traveler

April 20th, 2012, 20:54
Originally Posted by DapperDave View Post
Thanks so much! We've kept it under wraps for so long it's great to hear people are interested in the concept.
Just launched our Kickstarter a couple days ago. It's doing well. Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…-with-1-4-play

DapperDave

Traveler

April 25th, 2012, 03:16
My name is Zyraxx. I play RPGs almost exclusively, and my current favorite developers are BioWare and Bethesda. I live in Washington (the state), and, in my off time, I like to drink interesting things from Japan.

Zyraxx44

The Not-Cylon, Kay?

April 28th, 2012, 10:11

madman

Traveler

Default Hello

August 11th, 2012, 10:53
I am not much aware of the graphic games. Being a global ranked game site, I expect it to be a good plateform for getting information about these graphic games. Hence I want to be the part of this forum.

PAULLERON

Banned

August 14th, 2012, 18:04
Hi, I'm new here… was drawn here by a Divine Divinity search result. I've been playing CRPGs since the early 90s with "The Dark Heart of Uukrul", and the SSI Gold Box games. I prefer isometric games like Diablo, Divine Divinity or the Eschalon series although first person can be fun as well. I'm behind on my games and need to buy TESkyrim and Diablo III to be a complete person.

VampireSlug

Traveler

August 15th, 2012, 06:52
Welcome to The Watch, VampireSlug.

Where do you live in SE Michigan? I just moved from that area a few months ago.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Welcome - introduce yourself!