|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - DLC Details, Kinect Support Tomorrow

Default Skyrim - DLC Details, Kinect Support Tomorrow

May 1st, 2012, 03:07
Bethsoft tweets the first Skyrim DLC details will be unveiled tomorrow:
Be on the lookout for the first DLC info tomorrow
…and Kinect support for the X360 will also launch tomorrow.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 1st, 2012, 03:07
Oh gosh, are they trying to make us wet our pants?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

May 1st, 2012, 03:22
How exciting, last week we got 'maybe details next week' and now 'info tomorrow'.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

May 1st, 2012, 03:31
I know it's news so you have to cover it but I really wish all gaming sites would refuse to cover announcements of announcements.

sakichop

SasqWatch

May 1st, 2012, 08:29
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I know it's news so you have to cover it but I really wish all gaming sites would refuse to cover announcements of announcements.
News announcements about coming announcements has really hit epidemic proportions lately. It should be toned down but I already know the opposite will be true.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

May 1st, 2012, 12:16
I can stop covering them but someone is going to send me the link with a "you missed this" - or, as happens all the time, link IGN or some other generalist site in the forums. So, if you guys promise not to post "hey, look what I found at Kotaku", then I won't cover it.

But that also goes for all the other pre-announcements, like "Grim Dawn is going to do a Kickstarter", "Dead State is going to do a Kickstarter" or any other it-hasn't-actually-happened-yet.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 1st, 2012, 15:57
It is only announcements of announcements that people hate and not announcements themselves. I like hearing about what they are going to do or what is going to happen but hate when they say that they are going to say what they are going to do or what is going to happen.

PS. Tomorrow I'm going to tell you that I'm making a pre-announcement of an announcement of a game I might make if the wind is blowing right.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

May 1st, 2012, 16:29
Tomorrow I will tell you what I think abour premature announceulations

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

May 1st, 2012, 17:17
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I can stop covering them but someone is going to send me the link with a "you missed this" - or, as happens all the time, link IGN or some other generalist site in the forums. So, if you guys promise not to post "hey, look what I found at Kotaku", then I won't cover it.

But that also goes for all the other pre-announcements, like "Grim Dawn is going to do a Kickstarter", "Dead State is going to do a Kickstarter" or any other it-hasn't-actually-happened-yet.
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Tomorrow I will tell you what I think abour premature announceulations
how many have turned out to be vapouncements?

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

May 1st, 2012, 21:20
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I can stop covering them but someone is going to send me the link with a "you missed this" - or, as happens all the time, link IGN or some other generalist site in the forums.
I don't fault RpgWatch for posting these things. These things typically originate from developers and that is where 'fault' (for the lack of a better word) lies.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

May 1st, 2012, 21:21
Meh. DLC this summer? 360 wiil get it first? So I guess I won't feel bad uninstalling Skyrim for my laptop upgrade after all…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

May 1st, 2012, 22:51
You might as well uninstall because the Skyrim you have today will be vastly different than the Skyrim you will have in 6 months, in all likelihood.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

May 1st, 2012, 22:52
We knew the 360 would get it first all along. First month exclusivity was announced way back at the beginning.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 1st, 2012, 22:57
So it'll be called "Dawnguard" - no huge surprise there.

It's a little hilarious how the scant information that people have on this gets mangled by other news aggrigator sites. I've seen several implying it was adding fanciful a "snow elf player race" and a "snow elf princess." I think some of the editors for those sites probably have a hilariously wrong idea of what "snow elves" look like. That they turned a single character called the "snow prince" into a "snow elf princess and a 'new' snow elf race" kind of makes me laugh a little.

I suppose the practice of heavily paraphrasing and attempting to expand what ammounts to 4 pieces of sentence-length information into 5 paragraph blog/news posts is partly to avoid accidental plagarism. Too bad some of those other sites also end up losing what little original information their was through editorial brain-farts in the process. Here's an example - and part of the reason I prefer a specialized site like RPGwatch:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3357…-dawnguard.htm

How they are so certain those are "crossbow arrows" is beyond me. They must know something about bolts and quarrels that makes that obvious despite the fletching and back-mounted quiver (yes you can put a bolt quiver on your back, but most of the period ones I've seen are belt carried.) At least they haven't described them as a beautiful and fanciful new player race like I saw one site do earlier today - I'll try to find it again if they haven't edited it.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

May 2nd, 2012, 03:27
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
You might as well uninstall because the Skyrim you have today will be vastly different than the Skyrim you will have in 6 months, in all likelihood.
Yeah, but it was a hassle to get all my config files and mods set up. This may mean I don't go back to Skyrim for a very long time due to lost interest. Dragon Age: O never got revisited for expansions and DLC for the same reason. Call me fickle.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - DLC Details, Kinect Support Tomorrow