|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

May 11th, 2012, 03:21
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Is Midnight Club 2 good?
It got solid reviews … in 2003. Not sure how that will rate at this point given how much the racing genre has advanced.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

May 11th, 2012, 15:21
All titles from 1C Company are 50% off at GOG this weekend.

GOG also added the Quest for Glory series to their library. All five games are bundled together for $9.99.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 11th, 2012, 17:44
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Game Of Throne RPG for $35.99 at Gamersgate (pre-order). The price dropped, used to be $49.99 (and still is on Steam).

There is no "time" for it to expire, but I suspect release date is the deadline.
It's 39.99€ on my Steam page…
Hmmm… I'm still having an allergy on "Game of Thrones" title (enjoyed only the first book, got bored as hell with others, HBO series season 1 was good and was like the book, series 2 is different than the book, then there was already a game of suspicious quality) and all the milking around it.
Will there be a demo or something where I could check if this game deserves a chance to be preordered? Apart from GoT strategy game not very liked by audience, Cyanide so far has Loki (never played it I admit) and Confrontation (I didn't even wanted to try as I disliked the design on screenshots) and without a demo, preview or something, can't say I'm wallethappy here.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 11th, 2012, 18:12
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Will there be a demo or something where I could check if this game deserves a chance to be preordered? Apart from GoT strategy game not very liked by audience, Cyanide so far has Loki (never played it I admit) and Confrontation (I didn't even wanted to try as I disliked the design on screenshots) and without a demo, preview or something, can't say I'm wallethappy here.
Cyanide also made Blood Bowl, which while buggy, was quite faithful to its boardgame counterpart, and was a blast to play (in multiplayer) & Chaos League (which as a blood bowl ripoff), plus a few management games.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

May 11th, 2012, 18:15
It's 39.99€ on my Steam page…
Hmmm… I'm still having an allergy on "Game of Thrones" title (enjoyed only the first book, got bored as hell with others, HBO series season 1 was good and was like the book, series 2 is different than the book, then there was already a game of suspicious quality) and all the milking around it.
Steam have it for $49.99 USD (+ prima guide) for me. As for a demo, I haven't read any news of there being one.

There is a 30 minutes video of the game beginning on Gamesradar though (beware of annoying "journalists" commenting).

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

May 11th, 2012, 18:25
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Tempted to try out the UFO series, but frankly, I am backlogged up to my eyeballs.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

May 11th, 2012, 19:16
GetGames currently offers Dungeon Siege 3 at 85% off. This is a steam activated game.
http://getgamesgo.com/product/dungeon-siege-3-bundle

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

May 11th, 2012, 19:18
This weekend Steam lowers the price of two games with workshop. While probably everyone here already owns Skyrim (-33%, 33,49€, http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/), perhaps someone would like to check what was the fuss about Portal 2 (-66%, 5,09€, http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/).

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 11th, 2012, 21:17
the company of heroes series is also on sale on steam. already own boxed and steam versions of them all, great strategy games and i much prefer them to rellic's warhammer games but looks like there was a motive behind the sale which is fine by me considering the confirmation of sequel is final confirmed—http://www.companyofheroes.com/

—-when we figure out how to build guillotines for corporations the new revolution will have begun—-

curious

liberty or license

May 11th, 2012, 21:42

GOG also added the Quest for Glory series to their library. All five games are bundled together for $9.99.
No, and I just bought KB last weekend for 10$ on gog :-( Perhaps, I should buying my games upfront and store them for later use (like everybody else I guess).

Perhaps I can start with space rangers as I have heard good things about it here. I kind of like KB (slow start, but slowly coming into it. I am in uldar now), so will I like space rangers too ?

ilm

Sentinel

May 11th, 2012, 22:03
perhaps someone would like to check what was the fuss about Portal 2 (-66%, 5,09€, http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/).
Fantastic game… nuff said

Originally Posted by ilm View Post
Perhaps I can start with space rangers as I have heard good things about it here. I kind of like KB (slow start, but slowly coming into it. I am in uldar now), so will I like space rangers too ?
If you're going to try Space Rangers, don't waste your time with the first game, it's very mediocre. Just get Space Rangers 2.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 11th, 2012, 23:36
If you're going to try Space Rangers, don't waste your time with the first game, it's very mediocre. Just get Space Rangers 2.
I never wanted to buy that one because of yucky Star Wolves. Is it really great as ppl on GOG say?

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 12th, 2012, 00:10
I never wanted to buy that one because of yucky Star Wolves. Is it really great as ppl on GOG say?
Space Rangers 2 is absolutely awesome … but I have never even come CLOSE to finishing the first one - and I have finally stopped trying after realizing 'it isn't me … it is YOU'. Just like JDR said …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

May 12th, 2012, 00:52
The problem is there are two Space Rangers 2 - Dominators and Reboot. Now if this one on GOG is not the one you played…

EDIT:
Checked GOG forum and buyers are not happy. Seems that SR2ominators on GOG doesn't work on win7 x64. They however got SR2:Reboot (available on steam, gamersgate, etc) and that one does work on their machines. Although they needed to force windowed mode. But playing in windowed mode doesn't exist in Dominators at all. SR2:Reboot is a standalone game that includes Dominators and more additional content.
So I'll skip this one on GOG. Sorry.
Last edited by joxer; May 12th, 2012 at 12:31.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 15th, 2012, 11:02
PriceWatch of the other kind … : The British (?) magazine "Retro Gamer" comes this month with an article "on the making of the X-Wing franchise", or so I have it in my memory. Yes, the LucasArts flight simulators of the X-Wing games - including TIE Fighter !

Their web site is here : http://www.retrogamer.net/

On the current issue (and older ones) : http://www.retrogamer.net/back_issues.php

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 15th, 2012, 17:26
Steam has Knights of the Old Republic for $7.49

GOG just added the crpg Silver to their library. Anyone ever play that one?

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 15th, 2012, 17:55
Steam has Knights of the Old Republic for $7.49

The cool thing with KotOR ( and JKII) on sale is that they now include both Mac and PC versions … Of course some of us already bought them on the Mac App Store sale on May 4th ?..

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

May 15th, 2012, 20:26
Never heard of it before. Maybe I do grab it, one of users says this:
"I recommend it to anyone who likes action rpgs - this is the real action rpg not Diablos!".

But before I do buy it, I want to know - if mobs respawn endlessly. If they do, I'll skip it.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 17th, 2012, 02:08
The All-Charity indie royale lighting bundle has been released. Games this time around are:
Osmos, B.U.T.T.O.N, The Shivah & Blueberry Garden.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

May 17th, 2012, 13:59
The above mentioned magazine also has a round-up review over (?) Ian Livingstone of Games Workshop fame.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!