|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

April 28th, 2012, 12:02
Bought myself "Future Wars" for a bargain : 2,49 Euros ! It's the last work by the Drakensang makers, or at least one of their very last works.

It's targeted at the "Battle Isle" turn-based tactics game lovers, I think. It has seemingly huge modding capabilities. Even the AI can be scripted, at least that's what the game installation says (there are several documents in PDF format describing the modding spects of the game).

Unfortunately the web page is already gone. Headup Games, who was involved in making the game as well, seemingly saved some of the old mods, but I haven't had access to their forum yet ("yet another forum to register to ? Urg …")

Did anyone from here download these mods from the official web page before it was shut down ? Because I'd like to have them, I must admit.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 28th, 2012, 21:51
Legend of Grimrock

One of those games I never even considered or looked into, as I have such a backlog that I'm intentionally not really paying attention to any new releases (except D3). Somehow it caught my eye one day, and after looking at a few different bits on it i knew that I had to play it.

I now officially Legend of Grimrock. What a great game, for what a nice price. This is a refreshing step back into what got me into D&D, RPG, fantasy, whatever you want to call it, long ago as a wee tiger whelp. Those days, all that i wanted to do was crawl thru a murky dungeon w/ my fighter/rogue/wizards. That's all.

It makes me feel like I'm ten years old again. I love this game!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

April 29th, 2012, 11:20
I've reached chapter 2 in TW2. And indeed it seems the 16:10 bug for certain cinematics was only for the first EE cinematic. The second one worked fine.

Spoiler

And man is the game cinematic as hell.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

May 11th, 2012, 08:08
I was playing Forsaken World ,its my favorite game.I also like other games ,such as Soul of Guardian,Pockie Pirates and Grepolis
Last edited by someblue; May 15th, 2012 at 09:14.

someblue

Traveler

May 13th, 2012, 23:02
Started playing Alan Wake today.

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed so far, and I don't think I'm going to bother playing any further. Other than some nice visuals, I'm not really liking anything about this game. I think my own expectations are to blame. I thought it was going to be something akin to a Silent Hill type of experience, but Alan Wake is nothing of the sort.

The game is tightly scripted, almost to the point where it feels like it's on rails. The keyboard & mouse controls are average at best, and the combat already feels very repetitive. You really have to like the story to be able to enjoy this game, but it's just not grabbing me at all.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 14th, 2012, 05:18
Getting my butt sorta kicked at Legend of Grimrock! Damn spiders!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

May 15th, 2012, 01:03
I'm playing Dungeon Siege 3, and enjoying it a lot more than Dungeon Siege 1. While not an outstanding game, the combat has a nice pace to it and feels good. It feels like a console game though.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

May 16th, 2012, 06:18
Just started Risen 2 and slowly getting into it. Having a break from mega DX:HR marathon - love the feel of that game. Wish there was more DLC

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

May 17th, 2012, 23:50
I've been replaying Fallout 3 (modded) with the intention of playing the DLC (which I've never tried at all) and exploring the wasteland thoroughly, but after about 20 hours I'm already sick of it. There's far too much combat, especially in comparison to New Vegas. Exploring the gigantic labyrinthine tunnels and building complexes everywhere is incredibly tedious.

It's odd, when I played New Vegas I didn't think it was a huge improvement over Fallout 3, but now I think they're worlds apart.

There are plenty of mods that tweak the gameplay to be more like NV, but sadly there's nothing to remove 75% of the combat or fix the annoying level design, which is probably beyond the scope of mods.

DPB

Watchdog

May 18th, 2012, 00:31
Originally Posted by DPB View Post
I've been replaying Fallout 3 (modded) with the intention of playing the DLC (which I've never tried at all) and exploring the wasteland thoroughly, but after about 20 hours I'm already sick of it. There's far too much combat, especially in comparison to New Vegas. Exploring the gigantic labyrinthine tunnels and building complexes everywhere is incredibly tedious.
Then why don't you just skip the areas you don't like? It's not as if they're mandatory. I thought the amount of combat was average for a Bethesda game.

Personally, I loved the exploration FO3. In fact, I'm already thinking about playing it again, and I rarely replay a game unless it's been at least 3-4 years.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 18th, 2012, 00:45
Yeah, I loved the FO3 exploration, and finding hidden things or unique locations. To each his own…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

May 18th, 2012, 00:47
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Personally, I loved the exploration FO3. In fact, I'm already thinking about playing it again, and I rarely replay a game unless it's been at least 3-4 years.
Funny … for me it HAS been 3-4 years …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

May 18th, 2012, 00:53
Well, one of the main reasons I wanted to play it again was to explore places I hadn't been to. The first time through I concentrated solely on finishing quests, and didn't visit most locations unless I had an objective. I was expecting to find some more non-combat areas, but pretty much every new location I find is some kind of dungeon

I don't think the mods I added helped my enjoyment much either. FWE (one of the most popular mods) sounded good, but it adds far too many weapons. It takes away a lot of the incentive for exploration when you've already found most of them by level 5. I was expecting there to be some kind of balance there, but it's randomised so that even the puniest of raiders can be carrying a very powerful gun.
Last edited by DPB; May 18th, 2012 at 01:12.

DPB

Watchdog

May 18th, 2012, 00:57
Well if you don't like combat, I can't imagine FO3 being the game for you.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

May 18th, 2012, 01:08
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Funny for me it HAS been 3-4 years
I was a little late to the table with FO3, but I'm glad I waited as long as I did. I played the vanilla game for awhile when it was released, but I quit fairly early because there were just too many things I didn't like about it. I couldn't imagine playing without the mods I used.

Originally Posted by DPB View Post
I was expecting to find some more non-combat areas, but pretty much every new location I find is some kind of dungeon.
Well to be fair, it's a hostile wasteland. Were you looking for a barn dance?

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 18th, 2012, 10:58
Crusader Kings II.
Best PI game to date. Period.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

May 31st, 2012, 04:48
Was playing Skyrim until my xbox started fucking up on me. Back to Microsoft… what a pain in the arse *sigh*.

drae

Watcher

June 6th, 2012, 21:29
I can't seem to stay focused on any games lately. Right now I'm giving Xenonlade Chronicles another try, but I'm struggling to stay interested.

I was playing Hard Truck Apocalypse recently as well before I lost interest.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 6th, 2012, 21:38
Summer have started and I have so much fun to do that I am splitting it up into a portion a day.

I am cycling through three games at the same time (Metro 2033, Crysis 2 and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker). While playing I am also working on an artproject for a friend, about 2-3 drawings per day, study a summer course to which I force myself to read one chapter a day and finally I am preparing the next Pen & Paper game with my friends, I take a portion a day.

Metro 2033 have a good story and excellent atmosphere but I hate the save system. I currently have a batchfile that automatically backups new saves in case something goes wrong again and I am way past where I had to start over last time.

Crysis 2 is one damn fine game, at least compared to both M2033 and Battlefield 3. The way you get some freedom to play around in each map and several powers to experiment with makes the game not only good to luck at but good to play as well.

But Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, now this is one addictive game. The only one that pulls me into starting the next mission right after the last one just to see where the story is going or to unlock more stuff.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

June 6th, 2012, 21:48
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
Crysis 2 is one damn fine game, at least compared to both M2033 and Battlefield 3. The way you get some freedom to play around in each map and several powers to experiment with makes the game not only good to luck at but good to play as well.
Did you ever play the first Crysis? I found Crysis 2 disappointing in comparison. It felt consolish and very linear compared to the first game imo. I thought it was a step backward in almost every way.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?