|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Krater - Now Released on Steam

Default Krater - Now Released on Steam

June 13th, 2012, 12:29
Fatshark's post-apoc, party-based hack'n'slasher Krater is now officially available on Steam for a modest $14.99:

KRATER OUT ON STEAM TODAY
STOCKHOLM, Sweden. June 12, 2012. Fatshark today announced that their adventure role-playing game KRATER is available on Steam for PC Computers. Mac version will be available in July.

“We are very excited about inviting gamers to the world of KRATER, and experience the post-apocalyptic Sweden.” says Martin Wahlund, CEO and Executive Producer, Fatshark. “In KRATER death and injuries actually mean something. We want to bring back the feeling of being scared of dying from old school RPG’s.”

KRATER is a lush post-apocalyptic top down RPG and the base pillars are crafting, exploration and consequence. Consequence brings not only the ability for the characters to level up and improve themselves, but also permanent injuries and death.

KRATER’s Steam page; http://store.steampowered.com/app/42170/
To get the latest info on all Fatshark activities; follow us www.twitter.com/fatsharkgames, like us www.facebook.com/fatsharkgames, contact us press@fatshark.se, or visit us www.fatshark.se.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 13th, 2012, 12:29
tried it. Boring as hell. 20 minute game .. but thats just me. Probably Coop is fun, but overall the npcs seem cloned. I find that nothing has any personality.

borcanu

muist

June 13th, 2012, 12:47
Originally Posted by borcanu View Post
tried it. Boring as hell. 20 minute game .. but thats just me. Probably Coop is fun, but overall the npcs seem cloned. I find that nothing has any personality.
I actually feel the exact opposite on this one and find the game very fun to play. Provides a little challenge later on and the setting is nice and fresh. I've also been playing since pre-alpha. To each their own, but this is a fun game in my opinion.

SadExchange

Watcher

June 13th, 2012, 12:54
Is this primarily a Hack'n Slasher or does it also have extensive NPC interaction and non-combat roleplaying?

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel

June 13th, 2012, 14:45
Originally Posted by Asdraguuhl View Post
Is this primarily a Hack'n Slasher or does it also have extensive NPC interaction and non-combat roleplaying?
It's basically a party-based hack n slasher. With 4 different styles of playable characters where you can recruit new party members whenever you'd like. No role-playing, just looting, crafting, party-based combat. NPC interation for questing, and buying.

SadExchange

Watcher

June 13th, 2012, 15:03
I don't need complex interaction, just complex NPCs. of course both would be awesome.
Also party based real time, doesn't really let you be very tactical .. AI not being bright might be masked by this exact thing
Last edited by borcanu; June 13th, 2012 at 19:23.

borcanu

muist

June 13th, 2012, 15:11
Originally Posted by SadExchange View Post
It's basically a party-based hack n slasher. With 4 different styles of playable characters where you can recruit new party members whenever you'd like. No role-playing, just looting, crafting, party-based combat. NPC interation for questing, and buying.
OK, thanks for the info. I guess this game is not for me then.

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel

June 13th, 2012, 16:06
Guess they didn't listen to requests for pausable real time. Still interested, but that much less so.

SonOfCapiz

Sentinel

June 13th, 2012, 16:24
Would have picked it up if you could pause.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 14th, 2012, 11:45
We are looking into the pause thing but we had to focus on stability.

There are actually a lot of NPC interactions in the game. A lot that have consequence on what rewards you get and you could also get people to join your team. The first 30 mins is pretty linear to learn players the basic stuff.

Fatshark_mwd

Traveler

June 14th, 2012, 19:35
I'm liking it, so far. The pause would be a great help, but it's not an essential thing, imo. It would just make it more like a turn-based game, which I prefer. Other than that, it's easy to get into and fun.

-Carn

Carnifex

Keeper of the Watch

June 14th, 2012, 19:42
I played the Beta for awhile and thought it was decent. The difficulty was a bit uneven, but it seemed solid enough. Fans of the Dungeon Siege games should like it.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 14th, 2012, 19:54
Nice little game fun and I love the graphics.Fun pastime but I have problem with frame rate going under 20 fps on some closed locations(I have good configuration that runs skyrim on highest settings)and fps doesn't change when I lower details to low(normaly on extreme settings).Well I am going to wait for patch when you play RPGs and strategies you get used to games being initially bugy I guess.If we ignore that little problem that will undoubtedly get patched soon I am very satisfied with what I got for it's price.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

June 14th, 2012, 21:25
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Fans of the Dungeon Siege games should like it.
Tells me everything I need to know right there.

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch

June 15th, 2012, 01:01
Originally Posted by Fatshark_mwd View Post
We are looking into the pause thing but we had to focus on stability.

There are actually a lot of NPC interactions in the game. A lot that have consequence on what rewards you get and you could also get people to join your team. The first 30 mins is pretty linear to learn players the basic stuff.
That would be great I will keep an eye on it.

sakichop

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Krater - Now Released on Steam