|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Is there a new crisis coming?

Default Is there a new crisis coming?

August 30th, 2011, 01:45
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Some people would call that heaven!!
Heh, that I can believe.

I was doing research on poverty in Britain before and during during the Industrial Revolution, and some of these prisons were horrendous. Given the chance, I'd be on the ship too.

Jhari

Watchdog

September 5th, 2011, 22:58
Seems like european banks are making preparations for total meltdown:
Meanwhile, evidence emerged that some analysts suggest shows European banks have been transferring large amounts of cash across the Atlantic in a bid to escape an emerging European banking crisis.

Data released by the US Federal Reserve on Friday indicated that unnamed foreign banks transferred cash into the country's banking system over the summer, while separate data from the ECB that shows that European banks have been withdrawing their cash from the European banking system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14785694

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."-unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

September 5th, 2011, 23:25
Perfect timing since I'm insolvent. Nothing to loose!

hishadow

Level N+1

September 5th, 2011, 23:38
I just hope they print a sea of new euros so that inflation will eat away my loans. If I actually had something extra I might have bought gold and then used that to make some good investments once everything comes crashing down.

Lots of good cheap houses and other property going for firesale soon! New car or boat might be nice. Those who have lots will get even more and for cheap prices.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."-unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 17th, 2012, 17:15
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
Yup, that's also why US (unlike Europeans) doesn't have to worry about climate change or environmental pollution since God will not allow His chosen nation to come to any charm.
Cynical, but I found this very worrying : http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen…ce?INTCMP=SRCH

Partly related, but rather to the UK : http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen…es?INTCMP=SRCH

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 17th, 2012, 18:30
Dirty politics from "religious" organizations? Imagine that… Would Jesus do that?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 17th, 2012, 18:39
Ruch said such motivated use of transparency laws was on the rise – and not only by conservative groups such as ATI. This year alone, his organisation, Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, had heard from seven other scientists who had been subject to open record requests after appearing as expert witnesses in court cases involving mountaintop coal mining.
Probably best to save your indignation and "dirty politics" accusations on this one.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 17th, 2012, 19:01
Trying to discredit scientists to support corporatism is very dirty too.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Is there a new crisis coming?