|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland 2 - First Screenshot

Default Wasteland 2 - First Screenshot

July 24th, 2012, 06:57
wow, who would pledge 10,000.oo for a video game. 12 people did.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

July 24th, 2012, 15:39
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
wow, who would pledge 10,000.oo for a video game. 12 people did.
Fargo allude once that at least some of them were his rich buddies in the industry. People like Ray Mazuka from Bioware, etc. I don't recall exactly when/where I read that but rich industry veterans that wouldn't mind secretly giving the finger to their publishing masters are exactly the kind of people to donate 10 grand.

LuckyCarbon

Unfettered Developer

July 24th, 2012, 15:56
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
Fallout: New Vegas, I thought, actually did a pretty decent.job of capturing.the feel of.the.desert.
It has excellent stories, interesting factions, weapons, memorable characters and companions, huge and I thought that the graphics were amazing. So my question is, why bother with Wasteland 2 when we have F:NV? Is it going to be any better?

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

July 24th, 2012, 18:36
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
It has excellent stories, interesting factions, weapons, memorable characters and companions, huge and I thought that the graphics were amazing.
Thatīs how I see F:NV as well.
So my question is, why bother with Wasteland 2 when we have F:NV? Is it going to be any better?
"Thereīs already one great game, why would anyone need another?"

Not that Iīm suggesting Wasteland 2 is going to be a great game, maybe it will, maybe it wonīt (personally Iīm rather doubtful itīll rock, considering the planned short development time), but I certainly wonīt mind if more games with similar design paradigms (open world, C&C, factions, skill checks) and/or similar level of writing will be made.
Besides, Wasteland 2 is supposed to sport somewhat more diverse environments (more green) and Iīm quite certain thereīs gonna be tactical party based, and likely turn based, combat somewhere in there.

What you think about most, is what you become.
Last edited by DeepO; July 24th, 2012 at 18:52.

DeepO

deep outside

July 24th, 2012, 21:24
It has excellent stories, interesting factions, weapons, memorable characters and companions, huge and I thought that the graphics were amazing. So my question is, why bother with Wasteland 2 when we have F:NV? Is it going to be any better?
Read the official vision document for Wasteland 2, it will explain why it's a much different approach than the recent Fallouts. Key differences are that it's turn-based, tactical, and party based (you'll build your own custom party of desert rangers). It's meant to go back to an old-school style of gameplay that has been neglected in recent years.

Myrkrel

Sentinel

July 25th, 2012, 00:20
It looks great for an early shot. Plenty of variety, lots of cover terrain, and the shadows show up nicely. Mix in some smoke, dust and explosions and it'll be most satisfactory indeed.

Are those guys really taking on an AFV with hand guns? Not even an RPG launcher? Meatbags!

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland 2 - First Screenshot