|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Political and politically incorrect humor

Default Political and politically incorrect humor

July 10th, 2012, 16:36
Shouldn't it read "The day the English invasion was repelled by Batman" ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 10th, 2012, 21:05
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 10th, 2012, 21:14
Yep.. that pretty much sums up American youth nowadays.

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 11th, 2012, 16:54

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

July 11th, 2012, 19:10
The next "religious wars" will be Religion vs. Science.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 12th, 2012, 12:42
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
The next "religious wars" will be Religion vs. Science.
Fundamentalism vs the world I would say. Fundamentalism is a really odd concept. Real fundamentalism is an open stance against the world where the fundamentals are seen as the unquestionable doctrine that shall be the core of every nation and every aspect of life. There are four fundamentalist movements in the world but only two have the real power to do some damage; American protestants, Shi'ite Muslims, Haredi and Gush Emunim Jews. They are the movements that consists of all five of the definitions;

1. Reactivity: Hostility to the secular modern world
2. Dualism: Binary divide of the world (good/bad)
3. Authority: Believe and obey the sacred book and/or leaders
4. Selectivity: Pick from scripture certain beliefs and practices before others
5. Millennialism: God will triumph in the end and establish his kingdom on earth

These are first and foremost political forces.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

July 12th, 2012, 13:29
No, I go even much further and tend to believe nowadays that excessive Fandom can become fanatical as well. Just look at european football/soccer fan groups, the "Ultras".

I read an interview with a scientist specilizing in social sciences on these fan groups (especially on the "Ultras", and I found strikung similarities o excessive Fandom in video gaming. Like in "fans know better what' good for their soccer team/video game than the developers/players themselves".

These are equivalent to the group called "vocal minority", and this group almost exclusively consists of too loud fans.

And Taliban imho are so to say "fans" of their holy book.
They are, from a certain point of view, a "vocal minority" as well.

So, in my opinion, *any* excessive clinging to something *automatically* leads to fanatism. No matter which topic, object, or whatever.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 12th, 2012, 14:51
No, I go even much further and tend to believe nowadays that excessive Fandom can become fanatical as well. Just look at european football/soccer fan groups, the "Ultras".

I read an interview with a scientist specilizing in social sciences on these fan groups (especially on the "Ultras", and I found strikung similarities o excessive Fandom in video gaming. Like in "fans know better what' good for their soccer team/video game than the developers/players themselves".

These are equivalent to the group called "vocal minority", and this group almost exclusively consists of too loud fans.

And Taliban imho are so to say "fans" of their holy book.
They are, from a certain point of view, a "vocal minority" as well.

So, in my opinion, *any* excessive clinging to something *automatically* leads to fanatism. No matter which topic, object, or whatever.
I am reading about this right now, especially the difference between fundamentalists and freedom fighters.

The first difference between them is that the ones you speak about want to protect their turf while the ones I speak about wish to conquer the world, thus they are willing to go to war. They see themselves as warriors of a divine force which is above everything on the planet, cultures, borders, secular states etc.

The second difference between them is that the ones you speak about go with their preferences and wish to protect that, the ones i speak about go with the doctrine which is believed to be the greater good, regardless what peoples preference might be. Fundamentalism reject all notions of trying to use emotions, empathy and reason to determine good and treat such influences as corrupt and misguiding. They do not protect something because they like it, they protect something because they are convinced it's for the ultimate good and reject both feelings and doubts as misguidance or the great satan.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

July 12th, 2012, 15:53
Please be advised I am sick and tired of receiving questions about my dog

Who mauled six people wearing OBAMA tee shirts, four folks wearing Nancy Pelosi tee shirts, two democrats, nine teenagers with pants hanging below their rear ends, three flag burners, and a Pakistani taxi driver.
FOR THE LAST TIME . . . THE DOG IS NOT FOR SALE!

I'M TRYING TO GET HIM TO QUIT SMOKING,

BUT HE SAYS IT HELPS GET THE BAD TASTE OUT OF HIS MOUTH!

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 12th, 2012, 15:59
Ok, that actually made me laugh.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

July 12th, 2012, 16:14
The original chain email had an animated graphic that was even better, but I couldn't figure out a way to embed it. There's a copy of it over at Youtube, here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAH-YAhkU9M

Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 16th, 2012, 14:19

This one plays loose with reality, but I appreciate the creativity so here it is:

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 17th, 2012, 17:53
Marty Robbins - Ain't I Right

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

vurt

Serial Modderer

July 23rd, 2012, 14:16
Pretty scathing week from Time:

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 23rd, 2012, 19:49
The Joe-Pa one is funny but a little sad at the same time. What the NCAA did to Penn State today was ridiculous bullshit though.

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 23rd, 2012, 19:55
Mitt Romney - Made by China.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 30th, 2012, 14:11

I particularly liked this one. Although you might attempt a similar one for the social conservatives with some success, most of them lack the wide-eyed enthusiasm to propose actual action.

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 30th, 2012, 19:31
Good ones, although I didn't quite understand the first one. Is that simple cutting off all unneeded words ?

The second one :Yes, sad, but true.

But he was educated in England; maybe he finally manages to get fresh air into this sad state (pun intended) ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 30th, 2012, 19:58
Good ones, although I didn't quite understand the first one. Is that simple cutting off all unneeded words ?
It's suggesting that Romney is taking what Obama said out of context to make him look anti-business.

CrazyIrish

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Political and politically incorrect humor