|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Precursors unplayable

Default Precursors unplayable

August 28th, 2012, 21:23
I recently bought Precursors on Gamersgate, but the game slows down after a couple of minutes (especially during combat) to such a degree, that I have to kill its process. My system is an Athlon 64 X2 6000+, 4 GB of RAM, Windows XP and a Nvidia GTS 450. The Unofficial Patch and Russian Language Pack don't seem to help, nor do the .ini fixes posted in another thread. Turning down the graphics settings to the absolute minimum doesn't have any noticeable effect either. The only thing which seems to help a tiny bit was to run the game on only one of the two processors, but it still freezes/hangs at some point or another.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice, or do I have to put away the game until I upgrade to an Intel processor and more RAM?

Thanks!

abharsair

Grumpmaster
RPGWatch Donor

August 29th, 2012, 00:43
Perhaps try turning off your virus scanner if any? Your system should be able to run it OK. 4GB RAM is heaps.

badmofo

Tired but happy

August 29th, 2012, 11:20
Nope, turning off the virus scanner and just about any other service running isn't helping either. It runs just fine for a while, but suddenly without apparent rhyme or reason it slows down to a crawl until I have to alt-tab and kill the game. The only pattern I can see is that it happens usually outside in the desert and it's more likely while fighting Raiders.

abharsair

Grumpmaster
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Precursors unplayable