|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - Project Eternity Kickstarter Launched

Default Obsidian Entertainment - Project Eternity Kickstarter Launched

September 16th, 2012, 19:41
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
You didn't go for the $20 earlybird special?
Nop, still want to support the project and another $5 wasn't a big deal.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

September 16th, 2012, 23:53
Did they increase the numbers of early birds being accepted? it's full at the moment at 25k.

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

September 17th, 2012, 00:00
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Did they increase the numbers of early birds being accepted? it's full at the moment at 25k.

Daniel.
Some people have changed their pledges, so a few more opened up.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

September 17th, 2012, 13:12
My first kickstarter contribution! Don't let us down Obsidian…we know where you live ;-)

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

September 17th, 2012, 15:28
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
My first kickstarter contribution! Don't let us down Obsidian…we know where you live ;-)
I suggest you go to the official forum for Project Eternity…lots of "BioWare" fans have already moved there to ask for lots of "romancable" companions or just lots of companions in case they don't like some of them so they can have a full party of best-friends-forever.

I'm starting to fear that their vision of the game will be destroyed by a few extremely vocal people on their forums that will ask for features they like from other games that have nothing to do with the genre…

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

September 17th, 2012, 16:57
Pledged. Their curriculum is too impressive not to…

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

September 17th, 2012, 17:04
azarhal, if they'll stretch goals to add romances, hell, I won't object if you can also romance a sheep (hint:FO2).
See… Adding romances and "romances" don't have to be a bad thing so why not?

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

September 17th, 2012, 17:22
I don't mind romance, older games seems to have done it better than recent ones too. Also, all companions wanting to jump in the pants of your character is super annoying (see recent BioWare games).

I would prefer if games spent more time on other type of relationships (mentor, familial, friends, coworkers, etc) personally.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

September 17th, 2012, 17:39
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
all companions wanting to jump in the pants of your character is super annoying (see recent BioWare games).
I tend to agree, in Bioware's ME series seems everyone is hitting on your character which if not annoying is definetly unreal, you're not playing a popstar there!

I would prefer if games spent more time on other type of relationships (mentor, familial, friends, coworkers, etc) personally.
I want that too! One of the best villans with a rich and detailed nonromance relationship in games IMO was "the granny" in Kotor2. That was Obsidian's design and I bet they'll make something similar also here.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

September 17th, 2012, 17:53
I suggest you go to the official forum for Project Eternity…lots of "BioWare" fans have already moved there to ask for lots of "romancable" companions or just lots of companions in case they don't like some of them so they can have a full party of best-friends-forever.

I'm starting to fear that their vision of the game will be destroyed by a few extremely vocal people on their forums that will ask for features they like from other games that have nothing to do with the genre…
I was thinking the same thing. I'll just be happy with a good game. Romance would be nice but not necessary. A house to store all our junk…maybe, at least a very large bottomless trunk

Oh I would like pausable turn-based either like IWD or the action point one like Arcanum will be fine.

I just want a really well-done rpg and I won't sweat the small stuff

CelesteGB

Watchhamster

September 17th, 2012, 18:43
I am hoping that game will have side quests with nice story and dialogs like KotOR 2 not fetch quests from quest boards.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

September 17th, 2012, 19:29
So tell me RPGWatchers, just what do you do with multiple digital copies? Put them on different machines, given them to friends, sell them, build a digital library?

And just what do you do with multiple copies that you couldn't do with 1????

as far as the romance thing - no biggie to me but that is not a worthy stretch goal to my way of thinking.

(OTH, I'm still mad that I could not righteously marry Lydia.)

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

September 17th, 2012, 19:36
Originally Posted by Nameless one View Post
I am hoping that game will have side quests with nice story and dialogs like KotOR 2 not fetch quests from quest boards.
I find The Witcher board quests average to awesome, but the DA:O/DA2 ones boring. So it really depends on the implementation and "goals" of the quest for me. One of the PE dev (I can't remember where I read it) mentioned that easy quests should be in the game, not just complex ones.

Also, reading SomethingAwful forums allowed me to find some nice information (Josh Sawyer is a recurrent poster there). Like the origin of the GodHammer's Citadel name:
I am curious about Godhammer Citadel though.
Josh Sawyed (rope kid): I can't talk a lot about the details of the world yet, but let me explain this one a little more. It's a bit of a misnomer. It wasn't a god who was killed, but a (possibly?) possessed saint. And the saint wasn't "hammered". He was killed with a bomb. Like… yeah, a really big bomb.
Also, one of the confirmed PE concept art have guns in it (screen from the Kickstarter video). Another of the concept art have been on deviant art for a while too.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - Project Eternity Kickstarter Launched