Flare - Preview @ PC Gamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
PC Gamer has a brief look at Flare, the indie action/RPG:
Fans of action RPGs have been spoiled silly over the last couple of weeks, but if you have any free time between Torchlight II and Borderlands 2 sessions – I mean, you are wasting around eight hours on sleep – you might want to keep an eye on Flare. The 0.16 alpha version of the ambitious open source RPG has just been added to Desura, with number 0.17 expected on the morrow.
Either one will grant you hours of isometric exploration and monster-stabbing, for the low, low price of absolutely nothing. The game is expected to move into beta in 2013, but there’s already a lot of bang for your no bucks, even if Flare is a little rough around the edges.
More information.

looks awesome, actually better than TL2.. but i hope they add depth to the plot as well.

The one problem with flare is as soon as you leave an area all creatures respawn

That's an instant "no buy" for me. I don't mind a degree of respawning if there's a reason for it, but I can't stand it when an entire level repopulates the second you exit it.

Version 0.17 is out today and adds teleporters!

Also, sometime before Beta we want to start storing the last N maps in memory (minus the art), so you can move back and forth through recent areas without getting reset each time.

Back
Top Bottom