|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dishonored - Gone Gold!

Default Dishonored - Gone Gold!

September 29th, 2012, 06:26
The Bethblog announces Dishonored has gone Gold in time for the official release dates starting October 9th:
We’re thrilled to announce that Dishonored has “Gone Gold”! After more than three years of development, 30+ versions of the game (accounting for different languages, countries, and platforms) are ready for release. Huge congrats to Arkane’s Lyon and Austin offices, as well as everyone else involved with the project.
Coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, Dishonored will be available in North America on October 9, 2012, in Australia and Spain on October 11, 2012, and throughout Europe on October 12, 2012.
And to celebrate, we’re going to give away an extremely limited Overseer mask (note: not actually made of gold) created specifically for our PAX Prime Boyle Mansion Party, as well as a signed copy of the game. For a chance to win, read the sweepstakes rules after the break.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 29th, 2012, 06:26
I can't wait!

This one has been on my most wanted list since it was just an unannounced project. (That I was kinda hoping was Arx Fatalis 2 )

SirJames

Sentinel

September 29th, 2012, 09:39
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
I can't wait!

This one has been on my most wanted list since it was just an unannounced project. (That I was kinda hoping was Arx Fatalis 2 )
Same here, well at least since it was an "announced" project. I see now on Steam we get a TF2 Corvo spy mask if we pre-order.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

September 30th, 2012, 01:53
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
Same here, well at least since it was an "announced" project. I see now on Steam we get a TF2 Corvo spy mask if we pre-order.
That's an 18 euro digital spy mask.

I still buy most of my games in non-digital webstores. On Steam it costs me 50 euro's while at the store where I pre-ordered it cost me 32 euro's.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

September 30th, 2012, 02:08
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
I can't wait!

It's interesting that this is Arkane's first game that has been a new IP from conception. Arx Fatalis started as an Ultima Underworld that got cancelled by the publisher, but they ended up rebranding it and still hold the trademark (well Bethesda does now). Dark Messiah, was well, of Might and Magic so thats Ubisoft.

The only other original IP was The Crossing with Valve (Although the trademark is now owned by Bethesda, which I found by searching the European trademark database)

So an Arx Fatalis sequel, a Dishonored sequel and even The Crossing are all still potential future projects (as well as another original IP).

When Arkane first became part of Bethesda my first thought was they would be working on an Arx Fatalis/Battlespire hybrid set in the Elder Scrolls Universe.

But it's actually really cool we get to explore a new setting.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

September 30th, 2012, 20:06
Originally Posted by JuliusMagnus View Post
So an Arx Fatalis sequel, a Dishonored sequel and even The Crossing are all still potential future projects (as well as another original IP).
I've always hoped Arkane would make an Arx 2. And when they became tethered to Bethesda I thought maybe an Arx 2 would have a chance to be better polished than the first.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

September 30th, 2012, 20:51
Originally Posted by JuliusMagnus View Post
It's interesting that this is Arkane's first game that has been a new IP from conception. Arx Fatalis started as an Ultima Underworld that got cancelled by the publisher, but they ended up rebranding it ng.
Arx Fatalis was never cancelled by any publisher. They could not obtain the rights for the Ultima brand.

Dark Savant

Sentinel

October 2nd, 2012, 02:29
Dishonored will have to wait until I stop the alien invasion at least once in XCom.

(I really wish I could play Bioshock Infinite just before the US elections. Ah well.)

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dishonored - Gone Gold!