|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - $2.5M - New Classes Unlocked

Default Project Eternity - $2.5M - New Classes Unlocked

October 9th, 2012, 21:54
Obsidian's Project Eternity Kickstarter has ticked past $2.5M, unlocking the Barbarian and Cipher classes - next stop is the Adventurer's Hall at $2.6M. Only seven days to go!
At $2.6M, we will add an Adventurer's Hall to the world. In the Free Palatinate of Dyrwood, adventurers and mercenaries from across the world are often employed as personal bodyguards, elite security, or salvage (plunder) teams that venture into the forgotten corners of Eír Glanfath. A lot of the folks who hang out as such places are robbers and miscreants, but reliable agents can be found and employed with a bit of patience.
What does this mean for you? It means that if you don't like a companion, or if you don't like any of our companions, you won't be cut off from having characters of their classes. Over time, you can build your own custom parties to play through the game. If you want a party of monks or all casters, this gives you the ability to do it within the game while still maintaining the pacing of the standard PC + companions play style.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 9th, 2012, 21:54
Yea and finally a stretch goal I dislike:

I never play paladins and never take them in my party unless needed for a specific quest then I kick 'em out!

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 9th, 2012, 22:02
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Yea and finally a stretch goal I dislike:
I´m not all that enthused about that one either (edit: actually, scratch that, I was hoping for a bard-y class and chanter seems to be one, so I´m definitely enthused), however the next stretch goal more than makes up for it :

What you think about most, is what you become.
Last edited by DeepO; October 9th, 2012 at 22:39.

DeepO

deep outside

October 9th, 2012, 22:12
I don't care for Paladins myself but according to the OE forums and Kickstarter comments it will make a lot of people happy. No need to be selfish as I got my Cipher . I don't know what the Chanter class is but it does intrigue me.

George Ziets who is one of the main contributors to Obsidian's Mask of the Betrayer will be a very good addition to the PE team indeed.

EDIT:
The update has been updated and more info is available now. So the Chanter is a bard-like cass……. hmmm, a bit disappointing actually as I expected something more exotic.
Last edited by Asdraguuhl; October 9th, 2012 at 22:48.

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel

October 9th, 2012, 22:15
I definatley need paladins, I'm the opposite and always have one in my parties. Usually my main guy.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

October 9th, 2012, 23:03
Before the week is over I want to see the story headline "Project Eternity is at 2.7 Mil. Next stretch goal is world peace!"

Oi!
Smorri Nosebiter
(Currently Drunk in Gothic 2, Stranglehold, Age of Wonders 2 and Blitzkrieg: Burning Horizon)

Smorri

Watcher

October 10th, 2012, 00:31
I always take a Paladin as my leader, so for me this stretch goal is AWESOME!!!

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

October 10th, 2012, 01:27
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
I always take a Paladin as my leader, so for me this stretch goal is AWESOME!!!

Daniel.
Likewise. I don't need a paladin, but if there's one in the game, I'll use it instead of a pure warrior as the 'tank'

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

October 10th, 2012, 01:58
Originally Posted by Asdraguuhl View Post
George Ziets who is one of the main contributors to Obsidian's Mask of the Betrayer will be a very good addition to the PE team indeed.
Indeed. He was the Creative Lead in Mask of the Betrayer. This IS great news.

Originally Posted by Asdraguuhl View Post
EDIT:
The update has been updated and more info is available now. So the Chanter is a bard-like cass……. hmmm, a bit disappointing actually as I expected something more exotic.
They don't use instruments, like the old D&D ones..

Jaesun

Absolutely Fabulous

October 10th, 2012, 09:07
I also always pick a Paladin if I can.

Hmm, I'm actually considering dumping the digital release and going for something whooping big like the 500$ package at this point. This really is the best I could realistically expect from a KS project.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

October 10th, 2012, 13:20
Meh, more classes? I'd rather they invest in story and a bigger world than overwhelming us with classes…
I mean, monk, priest, druid, cipher AND chanter? All seems way too similar to me, no matter how much of a unique spin they try to put on it.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

October 10th, 2012, 13:26
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Hmm, I'm actually considering dumping the digital release and going for something whooping big like the 500$ package at this point.
I didn't find the 500$ attractive personally…so I jumped to 1000$. Yes, I'm insane.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 10th, 2012, 13:28
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I didn't find the 500$ attractive personally…so I jumped to 1000$. Yes, I'm insane.
Yes you are! But I hope you'll enjoy what you get for it!

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

October 10th, 2012, 14:52
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I'd do that if I had the required creativity to make an NPC or item of high quality. As it is though, I don't think Flabbergaster the monkey-trainer who wears his underwear as a hat would be a smash hit. Then again, maybe it would, the world is a strange place.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

October 10th, 2012, 14:56
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I'd do that if I had the required creativity to make an NPC or item of high quality. As it is though, I don't think Flabbergaster the monkey-trainer who wears his underwear as a hat would be a smash hit. Then again, maybe it would, the world is a strange place.
lol

Yeah, I actually have to work on my character and with the limited info we have on the lore, it's harder to come up with something that "fit". I got some ideas though and I put them on a file to remember once I have to create the character.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 10th, 2012, 18:47
Well, Kudos to you for donating that much. I would probably get kicked out of the house if I spent that much on a computer game. I can see my girlfriend going: "You spent your entire salary on a GAME? And you haven't even played it? IT'S COMING OUT 2014??? Get. Out."

I love the fact that they're adding more classes. When the Kickstarter started I was a bit unnerved by the fact they had only four classes and four races. But eleven classes and what, seven races? Now we're talking!

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

October 10th, 2012, 19:30
Originally Posted by Jaesun View Post
They don't use instruments, like the old D&D ones..
So, instead they rely on singing only? That is even worse .

I always considered the idea of a bard singing and playing an instrument for buffing purposes to be ridiculous and incredibly absurd. I mean, I am fighting for my life and you have this dumb f**k standing behind me singing and playing whatever instrument and that is supposed to cheer me up?

With the Adventurer's Hall, people could create an all Chant party turning this into Bollywood Eterninty . It just occurs to me, should Larian Studios read this, for their next game, a Bollywood parody in the same vein as the Power Ranger parody in Divinity 2 would be right up their alley .

Anyway, if these Chanters are going to sing in the game, I believe it is fair to demand samples of the actual songs to be played during the fights. I remember reading some references about Josh Sawyer's talents as a singer .

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel

October 10th, 2012, 20:11
The chanter doesn't sing, it's magical oratory.

And, as an aside, D&D (and Pathfinder) bards don't require instruments. Or even singing! Bards can specialize in dance, oratory, comedy.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - $2.5M - New Classes Unlocked