|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Legends of Pegasus

Default Legends of Pegasus

October 7th, 2012, 00:29
The Novacore Studios Website has news that the Legends of Pegasus developer has declared insolvency, and has ceased operations.

The Kalypso Forums confirm this means an end to support for the recently released 4X strategy game, inspiring frustration in users hoping that some show-stopper bugs, some of whom are now inquiring about whether this should entitle them to refunds. Here's Kalypso's explanation of the situatuion-
Developer Novacore had to fine for bancruptcy this week. We assume there will be no further development of patches for Legends of Pegasus but cannot make any statements on the state of the bancruptcy.

It is also legally not possible for us to just hand out the source code of the game for further community development as the code also includes software that is not open source.

This situation is very unsatisfactory, for us but of course especially for you. But it is all we can say for now.
I had high hopes for this game but it turned out to be another unfinished project like Sword of the Stars 2.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 7th, 2012, 03:33
Port Royale 3 failed bad, too. It isn't looking good for El Presidente and Kalypso.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

October 7th, 2012, 13:56
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The Novacore Studios Website has news that the Legends of Pegasus developer has declared insolvency, and has ceased operations.

The Kalypso Forums confirm this means an end to support for the recently released 4X strategy game, inspiring frustration in users hoping that some show-stopper bugs, some of whom are now inquiring about whether this should entitle them to refunds. Here's Kalypso's explanation of the situatuion-

I had high hopes for this game but it turned out to be another unfinished project like Sword of the Stars 2.
entitled to refunds? good luck getting that from a bankruptcy court. its too bad they didn't release the source code before filing for bankruptcy.

edit: oh wait - its the developer that filed not the publisher. this completely delays anything they can do - the court is not just going to hand them the source code if they think its worth something. hopefully they can be convinced its in the best interest of the customers.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520
Last edited by Lucky Day; October 7th, 2012 at 14:23.

Lucky Day

Daywatch

October 7th, 2012, 21:22
They've got third party code in their source code so I don't think they can release the whole thing to the public. Plus it's an asset which means the creditors have first dibs on it anyway.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

October 7th, 2012, 23:56
Sad. I saw this game at one Games Com.
I really wanted to try it.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 8th, 2012, 00:49
Saw this on Steam a short while back and was thinking of getting it. I guess it's a good thing I didn't…

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 8th, 2012, 13:00
If it's getting discounted I will get it anyway. I do so with most games I play demos of at conventions or the Games Com.
Especially if you've talked to some of the developers yourself …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 8th, 2012, 19:52
Yikes…..and if I remember right, the reviewers didn't like tis one very much.

-Carn

Carnifex

Keeper of the Watch

October 9th, 2012, 14:21
I heard from someone who got the game it was and to some extent, still is buggy and now there is no chance of fixes from the company. Can't confirm personally but a heads up before anyone buys a discount copy.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

October 10th, 2012, 02:32
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
SotS 2 has at least been saved by a horde of patches. It is still not entirely complete, but it has gone from unplayable to enjoyable (if a bit crash prone).

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

October 10th, 2012, 02:56
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
SotS 2 has at least been saved by a horde of patches. It is still not entirely complete, but it has gone from unplayable to enjoyable (if a bit crash prone).
Not on release it wasn't but yes it took 10 or more huge patches to make it playable. Its still unforgivable of the developers though. Were not bug testers of betas.

Originally Posted by Cm View Post
I heard from someone who got the game it was and to some extent, still is buggy and now there is no chance of fixes from the company. Can't confirm personally but a heads up before anyone buys a discount copy.
The game is playable but yes there are some bugs still. A few were fixed. Its a disappointment but can be entertaining at times. If you can buy it cheap yes I recommend but not at full price.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Legends of Pegasus