|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Dawnguard Review @ GameBanshee

Default Skyrim - Dawnguard Review @ GameBanshee

October 9th, 2012, 23:23
Gamebanshee reviewed the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim. Here is a bit from the start of it:
Dawnguard is the first DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Bethesda Softworks released it in June of this year for the Xbox… and August for the PC… and perhaps someday for the PS3. The good news for PS3 owners is that you're not missing much. Dawnguard has an interesting premise involving vampires, prophecies and elder scrolls, but Bethesda doesn't do much with it other than introduce a lot of new artwork, and so the DLC only offers "more of the same." The problem for Skyrim is that it has a ton of content naturally, and so it doesn't need more of the same. It needs a DLC that changes how you play the game.
More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 9th, 2012, 23:23
I used Dawnguard to start a complete new Skyrim game with a very different character - I had so much fun, that I played 200 hours up to level 52 again…

The Dawnguard questline is interesting and worth the money.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

October 10th, 2012, 04:59
More content the better. Why does a DLC have to change the way you play the game? That's nonsense. I played approximately 180 hours before completely exhausting the quest lines I was interested in completing. I would have loved more quest content. I will pick Dawnguard up when I get back into gaming.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Dawnguard Review @ GameBanshee