|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - Lore, Big Stretch Goals, Screenshot!

Default Project Eternity - Lore, Big Stretch Goals, Screenshot!

October 12th, 2012, 11:13
Upped my pledge too.
Definitely love to see both the stronghold AND the second big city. Makes me wish they pumped money in that, instead of the abundance in classes.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

October 12th, 2012, 11:27
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Upped my pledge too.
Definitely love to see both the stronghold AND the second big city. Makes me wish they pumped money in that, instead of the abundance in classes.
My guess is that the extra classes are given more overhead this way, financialy.
Because an extra class is not ever gonna cost a 250.000 dollar extra (my opinion ofcourse).
A big city however easily needs a 500.000 dollar investment. Thats way it is a "late" stretch.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

October 12th, 2012, 11:49
I pledged for the digital 50$ category. From what I gather I pretty much get all I want, the game, the almanac, the novella, the soundtrack, wallpapers. Cool.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

October 12th, 2012, 12:06
I am upping my pledge to 250$. It is a little bit too much right now for me but… Anyhow after pledging same amount to Wasteland 2 and Broken Sword 5 I am finished with kickstarter for a long run.

Also, I think that this is unique and only chance for someone to make a game that is in rank with baldur's gate or PST. If Obsidian doesn't deliver … no one will and we will probably never see another game like this…

I think Obsidian is building their future on this project. They are building new IP that they hope will use in many games. They already committed to do the expansion and I can see sequel or trilogy in the future. I think they will work hard to make good game.

Good luck to them.. good luck to us.

kuki

Watcher

October 12th, 2012, 12:19
Originally Posted by kuki View Post
Also, I think that this is unique and only chance for someone to make a game that is in rank with baldur's gate or PST. If Obsidian doesn't deliver no one will and we will probably never see another game like this
Yes, that is my opinion as well. I really do consider this the best chance we have of seeing another IWD/PST/BG2 type of game (with a hint of Arcanum thrown in for good measure).

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

October 12th, 2012, 12:38
Kuki I could not have said that better. I think they will pull out all the stops on this project. If the game fails on their part, this type of game is over in my opinion. Project Eternity and Wasteland 2 are gonna bankrupt me . But it also seems like a new era in gaming is starting and I am proud to be part of it.

"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

October 12th, 2012, 13:00
Screenshot looks great.

I'm now at $160 (+ $20 for shipping). Had to get that expansion pack add-on. This is my highest backing yet, Wasteland 2 was at $100 (+ $15 for shipping).

lumiapina

Watchdog

October 12th, 2012, 13:08
I admit, i was shocked when i saw that screenshot. I was not expecting that. That is a gorgeous screen. I can't wait for this game.

DarNoor

Sentinel

October 12th, 2012, 13:18
Somebody amused himself. Found this in the Kickstarter comment section. This game is going to look fabulous animated.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 12th, 2012, 13:40
omg this screen is amazing! everything fits perfectly lol!

kuki

Watcher

October 12th, 2012, 13:53
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
Actually I kinda hope they don't get to that stretch goal. I hate big cities!
I'm the opposite, I love them! Having multiple ones would be truly epic.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

October 12th, 2012, 14:18
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Somebody amused himself. Found this in the Kickstarter comment section. This game is going to look fabulous animated.

Awesome! The perspective, at first, looked a bit awkward but this gif proves it shouldn't be a problem.

Nithrakis

Watcher

October 12th, 2012, 14:48
Originally Posted by Nithrakis View Post
The perspective, at first, looked a bit awkward but this gif proves it shouldn't be a problem.
Im not sure if were talking about the same thing, but the low angle could be a problem in less open environments, like cities and especially interiors/dungeons since there would very likely be a lot of issues with obstructions.

Sawyer addressed this on Obsidian forum:
For open exterior environments, we are experimenting (as in this image) with rendering scenes from an angle that is closer to Fallout and Fallout 2, about 15 degrees lower than the BG/IWD camera angles. There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that tall vertical objects can be seen in greater detail. Because the environments are open, the practical issues of overlapping walls and obstructions are not usually a problem. We will continue to experiment with this angle and the higher angle on interiors to see what mix works.
+
The angle and height are something we are trying out, but we will continue to experiment on this map and others. Because our character models are 3D, what we use on exterior maps does not need to be the same view we use on interior maps.
Also, in regards to animations, he posted this:
We're trying out various animation solutions for the waterfall, spray, and the pool/river. They will definitely be animated, but we want to leave our options open to support a wide range of hardware without making the area art files even larger.
At any rate, the screenshot rulez.

DeepO

deep outside

October 12th, 2012, 16:31
The animated image above doesn't look quite right. The party members are about 10-20% too large. Plus the animations distract from the artwork; need to kill them off quickly so we can gape at the view.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

October 12th, 2012, 19:10
That screenshot is very nice. With the announced expansion and stronghold/city stretch goals I went ahead and threw in another $20. Obsidian, don't let us down.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 12th, 2012, 19:37
Since that last update they gain lot of money with last day rush they might end up lot above 3.5 millions they need more stretch goals.Also nice lore I can't wait to read more.

Nameless one

Wizzard

October 12th, 2012, 20:42
They crossed $2.8M. George Ziets is in.

FYI: Live "chat" now happening on PCGamer with the devs.
Last edited by Thrasher; October 13th, 2012 at 01:14.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - Lore, Big Stretch Goals, Screenshot!