|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kickstarter - Fields of Fresh

Default Kickstarter - Fields of Fresh

October 14th, 2012, 12:49
This one is from left-field but who knows what people might like? Nathan writes in with his Kickstarter for a farming RPG called Fields of Fresh. They are only asking for $1000 and here's the intro:

Where have all of the good farming games gone?

To my memory, I have only played one good farming game series, it involved harvesting, sprites, and a moon. Every time I browse the web for a farming game, the results are games that are not up to par with my expectations as a gamer . Do farmers not deserve honor? After all, they provide most of the food we eat. In March 2011, I decided to make a Farming Game. This farming game will satisfy me as a gamer. The mission was to not make a lame social farming game, but a full-fledged farming RPG where the farmers have stories and lives.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 14th, 2012, 12:49
Farming?

Um… That's a Farmville or what?

Toka Koka

joxer

Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

October 14th, 2012, 15:52
My bonus from work is gradually being eaten up by all these gaming developers I want to help out via Kickstarter. It's really not the type of game I would play but it is an earnest effort and they ain't asking for much so thanks for the heads up.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

October 15th, 2012, 13:58
Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
My bonus from work is gradually being eaten up by all these gaming developers I want to help out via Kickstarter. It's really not the type of game I would play but it is an earnest effort and they ain't asking for much so thanks for the heads up.
lucky you, in my 20 year working history the biggest bonus I've ever received was $300, and in the last 7 or 8 years it's just been a $50 gift card for Applebees

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

October 15th, 2012, 14:05
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Farming?

Um… That's a Farmville or what?
He makes a reference to a farming sim on the SNES called Harvest Moon, which was received rather well in 1996. I never tried it or anything, but I'm guessing there's a lot more to a game like that than FarmVille…

Thaurin

SasqWatch

October 15th, 2012, 20:39
This is cool. They're the origin of Rune Factory, which is the more-traditional-RPG version of the same game. There have been a ton of variations, but HM is not usually an RPG in the sense of building a character's stats, more of playing a role in a slightly reactive town. The tricky part will be outdoing RF. Of course a throwback to Harvest Moon is nice, too, but the games are so well-explored (some might say over-released), you really have to bring a lot of customization to make it fresh. HM is the granddaddy of a whole bunch of subgenres, in a way. Social farming games, dating sims, and cheerful town simulators like Animal Crossing share a lot of the style as well. Thanks for the link.

qpqpqp

Watcher

October 19th, 2012, 21:27
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
lucky you, in my 20 year working history the biggest bonus I've ever received was $300, and in the last 7 or 8 years it's just been a $50 gift card for Applebees
Persistence would be more accurate. 30 years on my current job, and 8 on my prior.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kickstarter - Fields of Fresh