|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - Update #22, $2.94M

Default Project Eternity - Update #22, $2.94M

October 14th, 2012, 01:09
If you add Paypal, Project Eternity is probably just about to nudge $3.0M ($2.94 on Kickstarter alone). Yesterday, PC Gamer held a live chat and you can find some of the key answers here:

On the aumaua race:

“the other race we haven’t talked about yet are called the aumaua. they are larger than humans and are found in a lot of coastal and island areas. like orlans, they look somewhat… different, but they are still a bipedal race. we’re still working on their concepts (as we are with orlans), but we will show them when we feel they’re in a good place.” – Josh Sawyer
The latest Kickstarter update offers five answers from Tim chosen from questions on various boards around the 'net:
Will there be low intelligence/charisma dialog?
Yes, we will have these dialogs. They are a great deal of work, since it means writing two versions of every dialog in the game, but I am sure that our wonderful writers are up to it. I really want these dialogs too! I find it fun to replay the game with a low intelligence character, just to see how the NPC's react to my slow-witted attempts to help them.
And there we have it! Five questions answered from five sites. Again, thanks for your support of Obsidian and Project Eternity. There are just a few days left before the Kickstarter campaign is over and we enter full production of this game, and we are all very excited about the prospect of working on a classic CRPG again!
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 14th, 2012, 01:09
Last PayPal total (from the Feargus on the IWDII ustream done by Adam Brennecke the Project Director) is $74,208.

3 millions have been achieved.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 14th, 2012, 01:54
I finally got off my virtual ass and pledged This makes Project Eternity my first kickstarter. I went in at $140.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

October 14th, 2012, 02:18
Was $140.00 always a mouse pad. I thought it used to be a t-shirt. Don't really care about either but would rather have the shirt as I would never replace my gaming pad.

sakichop

SasqWatch

October 14th, 2012, 02:33
$140 still have the t-shirt. The mouse pad was added last week to every tier above $140.

Obsidian keep adding stuff, I think they are going a bit crazy. Update #19 is a must read to understand everything.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 14th, 2012, 02:35
oh, ok. Not sure how many people really want the extra stuff. It's nice of them to offer it but i'd give mine back so they can hire more help and finish the game sooner.

sakichop

SasqWatch

October 14th, 2012, 09:34
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
oh, ok. Not sure how many people really want the extra stuff. It's nice of them to offer it but i'd give mine back so they can hire more help and finish the game sooner.
I'm pretty sure the Kickstarter pledge form let's you the select any reward tier that's lower than the amount you've pledged, you don't have to choose the highest one.

Doesn't help if all the stuff you do want isn't in a lower tier, but it works for 'I just want the digital bits' or something like that.

SKapusniak

Traveler

October 14th, 2012, 12:48
PC Gamer? Didn't watch covered a certain recent article how things work in PC Gamer actually…

Anyway, I knew 3M will be achieved can't find my post about that now), too early to say if we'll get the big city though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

joxer

Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

October 14th, 2012, 17:21
I would like a stronghold and like big cities. Loved the ones in BG2 (Ranger cabin and the fighters stronghold) as well as the one in NWN2. Anything to add to immersion.

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

October 14th, 2012, 19:59
I'm never sure what to think of Strongholds. I like having a place to drop my stuff and use as a base, but in neither BG2 nor NWN2 did I think it was done too well. It seemed like it was mostly just going through the motions rather than really having to manage the stronghold and make real decisions. I'd much rather have the second big city, but alas, it doesn't seem with 55 hours to go that they will likely hit the $3.5M

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

October 14th, 2012, 20:33
currently they are around 3.15mil with PP. Last day usually is a high pledge day. I predict 200k at least. so in next 30 hours if they make 200 K which is possible… I think 3.5 is reality

kuki

Watcher

October 14th, 2012, 21:17
PE is going to make 3.5 mil on Kickstarter only, the last two days always see a big surge and they only need an average of 7k/hour. In the last two they have done 9k/hour…

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 14th, 2012, 23:08
C´mon, add that 8th level already!

DeepO

deep outside

October 15th, 2012, 00:07
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
C´mon, add that 8th level already!
Added now and Rob is already working on level 9.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 15th, 2012, 02:22
Last I checked, there was a wasteland of empty space between 3 million and 3.5 million; is there any talk of additional incremental stretch goals?

Santos

Ass-hat

October 15th, 2012, 02:38
I'm not sure the exact amount they have now but including Paypal ($72k last time I knew) they are almost to $3.2 million right now. Rather then more stretch goals between $3 and $3.5 million they may need stretch goals for after $3.5 million.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

October 15th, 2012, 02:43
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
Last I checked, there was a wasteland of empty space between 3 million and 3.5 million; is there any talk of additional incremental stretch goals?
They need 500k to make another big city of the size of Athkatla (from BG2), with all the content involved (quests, NPCs, models, etc).

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 15th, 2012, 04:46
I understand, but I guess I was hoping for some fallback goals. Otherwise, it's all gravy, should they fall short.

Santos

Ass-hat

October 15th, 2012, 08:03
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
I understand, but I guess I was hoping for some fallback goals. Otherwise, it's all gravy, should they fall short.
Well that's why the endless paths was such a brilliant idea - it continues to serve as an incremental stretch goal through the 500k gulf between stronghold and 2nd big city.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

October 15th, 2012, 09:32
Upped my pledge again. Could not resist…
This game better be good.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - Update #22, $2.94M