|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » GOP Corruption and Obstruction

Default GOP Corruption and Obstruction

October 25th, 2012, 03:22
OK, this may not be on topic but still incredible

Richard Mourdock, the Republican U.S. Senate nominee in Indiana, last night described pregnancies resulting from rape as a "gift from God" and "something that God intended to happen."

Almost more amazing than Mourdock's outrageous belief is that he is on the verge of becoming a U.S. Senator.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics…,3802264.story

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 25th, 2012, 04:51
Even I have a problem with a statement like that!! He needs a lesson in Theology 101- Beginners Basics!!!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

October 25th, 2012, 13:50
A criminal''s point of view on that would perhaps be :

"Great ! So let's all of us rape as many women as possible - God wanted it to happen !"

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 25th, 2012, 14:19
Yeah, he's playing the "misspoke" card with moderate success, but he's also doubling down on the social conservative mumbo-jumbo. He was going to get my vote because his fiscal chops are top-notch, but I've got to admit this bit of idiocy has me reconsidering. Unfortunately, the dems don't have an Evan Bayh running for them, although Donnelly claims to be a blue dog so at least the alternative isn't some Pelosi-ov sycophant.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 25th, 2012, 14:28
A few days ago I read about "Bomb bomb Iran" being a Beach Boys song instead of "Barbera Ann". Is this true ?
Edit : Seems so : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Ann#Parodies

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 25th, 2012, 15:26
The Beach Boys sang "Barbara Ann". They never sang (nor wrote, nor endorsed) any of the parodies that came years later.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 25th, 2012, 18:24
Yes, but I meant that a politician had sung it, in the newspaper article it even sounded as if he had mistaken this parody's text as the real thing (which sounds quite weird, this at least).
Now I know the real story, at least, if the Wikipedia article is correct.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 25th, 2012, 20:29
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Yeah, he's playing the "misspoke" card with moderate success, but he's also doubling down on the social conservative mumbo-jumbo. He was going to get my vote because his fiscal chops are top-notch, but I've got to admit this bit of idiocy has me reconsidering. Unfortunately, the dems don't have an Evan Bayh running for them, although Donnelly claims to be a blue dog so at least the alternative isn't some Pelosi-ov sycophant.
Well at least you are considering alternatives rather than mindlessly toeing to vote with the party. I've actually voted Republican at least once when the Dem candidate was far less qualified than the rightie (Richard Riordan, but he was much more moderate than today's extremist freaks). hard to believe, but true.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 25th, 2012, 21:26
"Funny" chart

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » GOP Corruption and Obstruction