|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KB: Warriors of the North - Available Today

Default KB: Warriors of the North - Available Today

October 26th, 2012, 11:42
1C let us know that Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North is available today.
FROM THE ICY LANDS THEY COME…
King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North Available

MOSCOW, Russia - October 26, 2012 -Leading Eastern and Central European publisher, 1C Company, is thrilled to announce that King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North is available today digitally. The retail version in various languages will follow at a later date depending on local distributors. The game has been released in two editions for PC & Mac, the standard edition, for a suggested price of€29.99 and the special Valhalla Edition selling for €32.99, which includes:
  • Valhalla Armor Set
    These unique in-game items are an armor set the hero can collect in the course of their journeys. Combined together these artifacts give a strong additional boost to the character’s attributes.
  • Digital artwork and wallpapers
    Digital bonuses: Ultra-high resolution artwork depicting an epic battle of Olaf and the Valkyries against undead hordes, and wallpapers available in all popular desktop resolutions.
King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North is the next stand-alone chapter in the hit RPG/adventure saga, and developed by 1C Company’s internal game development studio, together with Lab-13. The new tale takes place in the familiar world of Endoria featured in the previous games, but begins in the Viking lands. A world which the celebrated hero Bill Gilbert never visited during his famous quest in King’s Bounty: The Legend. The Mighty Olaf, son of the Konung of Northlings, has dedicated his life to battling the undead that have infested the northern lands of Endoria. He seeks to liberate the snowy wastes, Dwarven dungeons, and the very heart of Endoria, the kingdom of Darion itself, from the dark grip of necromancy. On his quest towards immortal glory he will encounter cunning foes and new friends, hard battles and amazing adventures.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 26th, 2012, 11:42
Just finishing last level of dishonered and then this game. Cant wait to play !

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

October 26th, 2012, 12:07
I'm downloading it right now on Steam, but dunno if I'll make time today to play it.
Luckily, I'm not working tomorrow.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 26th, 2012, 12:11
I am turning off my, phone locking door ,calling friends to cancel plans it's King's bounty time.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

October 26th, 2012, 15:15
So it's Kings Bounty but with a norse theme? I'll still wait for some reviews but this looks interesting.

When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I'm a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

bloodlover

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 15:19
"Norse theme", not "Nose theme", by the way. And neither "Morse theme", too.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 26th, 2012, 15:21
And where exactly is my mistake?

When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I'm a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

bloodlover

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 15:27
Oh my God how I wish I could play this why is my life so miserable???

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire

October 26th, 2012, 15:35
I hope this is coming out on GoG

Barghest

SasqWatch

October 26th, 2012, 16:08
Played it for 11 hours straight now, and getting really sleepy… It's as addicting as ever, but also pretty much the exact same game. Fine by me, though I'm hoping for a sequel at some point.

Yme

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 16:13
Well, if they start changing a lot they'll probably screw up.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

October 26th, 2012, 17:41
I haven't read up much on this new version of Kings Bounty, hopefully they ditched the Playskool dragon and brought back the Spirits of Rage chest, I liked that mechanic a lot more.

Warmark

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 21:08
GG are you playing it? Is it different enough to play it "again"?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 26th, 2012, 22:26
Originally Posted by Warmark View Post
I haven't read up much on this new version of Kings Bounty, hopefully they ditched the Playskool dragon and brought back the Spirits of Rage chest, I liked that mechanic a lot more.
It's different Valkyries this time.

Yme

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 23:05
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
GG are you playing it? Is it different enough to play it "again"?
Not yet…. but I sure will.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

October 27th, 2012, 00:33
Downloaded from Steam while I was at work. Just getting ready to check it out. Even if it is just more of the same, I will still like it. That says something - after playing KB:TL, KB:AP, and then playing KB:AP again with the Crossworlds expansion, I still was wanting more. I am usually tired of most games after logging that many hours.

Xian

Sentinel

October 27th, 2012, 00:36
Yeah, I'd probably like it for the same reasons, it's just that my backlog is so huge I'm looking for reasons NOT to buy anything new. :/

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 27th, 2012, 01:39
So…the same game with a different theme. Hmmm. I was kind of hoping they would take this one to the next level.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

Default KB is addictive…

October 27th, 2012, 06:11
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
Downloaded from Steam while I was at work. Just getting ready to check it out. Even if it is just more of the same, I will still like it. That says something - after playing KB:TL, KB:AP, and then playing KB:AP again with the Crossworlds expansion, I still was wanting more. I am usually tired of most games after logging that many hours.
I'm exactly in the same situation - the first thing I did after finishing KB: The Legend was starting the new game again with a new class. I spent hundreds of hours with The Legend - I finished the game with various classes and on different levels of difficulty 5 times and at the end there were still some aspects of the game didn't discover on my own (i.e. hidden treasures, special spells, artifacts). Same was with Armored Princess and pirates theme and medals for achievements…. Crossworlds was just like a mod and was way too short. I'm sure that Warriors of the North will give me heaps of fun and satisfaction after discovering all hidden treasures and completing all quests.

xep624

Watcher

October 27th, 2012, 17:16
I'm mixed; I didn't much care for the music in this version (really liked the music in the first two; with the first being the best); also I hate how they add a new race (vikings) and then copy skills from crossworld and extend the effect to viking class; I rather they rework the skills so some skills are orc specific; some viking specific or whatever rather than just copy (to be honest I didn't really like the trend set with crossworld where skills have different effect on different races); anyways the other things I dislike is that you get the pegasus really early so you don't really need to 'explore' the twisty paths and the class and difficulty curve seem more out of whack (early is harder than later game; mage more difficult than skalad - which is down right easy even on impossible).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KB: Warriors of the North - Available Today