|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Default Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

June 20th, 2012, 00:11
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
The front page search has never searched the forums for me properly; it has always just searched website. It's something I've been hoping would be fixed for literally years…
I get an error message stating "too many server redirects". Whatever that means…

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 20th, 2012, 02:56
Yeah, I am getting something like that too, now. This is new for me. Before it would just return with an unsuccessful search result. I am also having trouble on my Yahoo! mail account. Could it be a new website virus since the codex has been hit, too?

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
EDIT: This all started right around a recent Flash update and a browser update for firefox. Wonder if it's related?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

June 20th, 2012, 04:31
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
This all started right around a recent Flash update and a browser update for firefox. Wonder if it's related?
It's definitely nothing to do with Firefox. I'm using IE9, and it also doesn't work on my Android phone.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 20th, 2012, 22:43
The front page does a google search with your query using only web pages ending with rpgwatch.com.
If you want to search the forums only, you have to use the search om the forums page.
The reason for this is because we do not maintain a search database on non forums pages, which makes combining both search options too complicated.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 20th, 2012, 22:58
I understand why. You're leveraging Google for the front page (which happens to be broken now). You could also kickoff a generic search on the forum page and then join the results with the google results for the non-forums. No need for any search database for the non forum pages.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 2nd, 2012, 20:03
Still getting the following error when searching from the news page:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.
This is with Firefox on OS X and on XP.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 3rd, 2012, 11:38
I once had this a lot of times with various web pages as well … I never found out why.
Are you sitting behind a router ? Maxbe the NAT doesn't function properly anymore ? but that's just a guess into the blue.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 3rd, 2012, 21:57
Could be. I'll try it at home, but my router has a firewall there, too.

Can you search successfully from the front/news page?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 3rd, 2012, 22:31
This will take some time. It works on some browsers but not on all. Not sure what the problem is.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 4th, 2012, 00:19
Odd, it works on Safari on the Mac. On IE for the PC it returns a different error - blank page with entry box for yyyy/mm/dd and a box art graphic placeholder with a red X

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 28th, 2012, 21:22
I see some strange behaviour when I click on the news-discussion or forum links on the main page:

First the target page loads, then the screen flickers for a split second and the forum index is loaded. the history -1 button doesnt work. If I manually go back to the front page and click on the same link, it loads correctly on 2nd try.

This happens since Friday or Saturday.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

October 28th, 2012, 22:29
I sometimes get weird behaviour for a while after I had clicked on the bottom "mark all forums read".

Right now, I'm having good luck with it, no strange behaviour right now.

The "strange behaviour" consists mainly of the edit buttons not working properly etc. like I described above.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

January 24th, 2013, 20:57
I'm getting logged out quite a bit after a few minutes. Anyone else have this problem?

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

January 24th, 2013, 21:00
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
I'm getting logged out quite a bit after a few minutes. Anyone else have this problem?
No, hasn't happened here.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

January 24th, 2013, 22:10
Log out, clear browser cache and cookies. Log back in and make sure to set the check box to remain logged in.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

January 29th, 2013, 20:47
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Log out, clear browser cache and cookies. Log back in and make sure to set the check box to remain logged in.
thanks
is that what that "log in" check box is? the hover message for it is "remember me?"

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

January 29th, 2013, 21:44
That's the one, Lucky.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

January 29th, 2013, 21:46
Yes. It stores your account data in a cookie and keeps the cookie, I guess. As long as the cookie is set you'll stay logged in, unless your browser goes crazy somehow. Then you should get rid of all traces and try again.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

February 6th, 2013, 11:34
I have noticed that there are some forum pages which my browser seems unable to properly render. It only happens with very few thread pages that have images, like this or this one, the result is that once the page loads the only thing that is rendered is in the first case the .png with Geralt and in the second either the kid-smoking.jpeg or the gif of the girl smoking. (despite the URLs indicating that I'm viewing a page rather than an image).
This has happened before but since now it affect a thread I'm interested in, I think I might want to resolve it. The issue is almost certainly not RPGWatch's fault since it is limited to my main Firefox profile (tested an empty profile, no problem*) but I would appreciate some help, as it hasn't happened in any other forum I frequent.

I have tried hard-refreshing and logging out and then back in.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.
Last edited by Kostas; February 6th, 2013 at 14:17. Reason: typo

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 6th, 2013, 14:17
Animated gifs cause some browsers problems. IE tends to puke on them more often than Firefox or Chrome, but it's not exclusive to IE. At this point, I'm unaware of a solution. Most of the time, we either live with it or ask a moderator to make the gif go away.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests