|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Getting an Expansion in 2013

Default Diablo 3 - Getting an Expansion in 2013

November 9th, 2012, 17:02
Mike Morhaine from Blizzard Entertainment confirmed that an expansion for Diablo 3 will be released in 2013. It happened during a 2012 earnings call. Gamespy speculates:
Could the expansion alleviate many of the issues gamers had with Diablo 3? That's far too hard to tell at this point, but it is worth having a fun bit of speculation regarding what exactly will be in this particular expansion. I figure the story will revolve around Leah's mother, Adria, and we'll probably get one or two more playable characters. What do you think we'll see in this expansion and/or what would you like to see happen with Diablo 3?
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

November 9th, 2012, 17:02
Story spoiler in the snippet

The DII expansion gave that game new wings, so perhaps this will do the same.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

November 9th, 2012, 17:27
The two new classes are archivist and wololo.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

November 9th, 2012, 17:40
i predict in game ads for pizza hut and red bull.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

November 9th, 2012, 18:36
I think the two new classes will be Auctioneer and Picker to help enhance the Real Money Auction experience.

Terry

Watchdog

November 9th, 2012, 19:40
Games like Diablo are all about the loot and skill development. Both of these aspects of the game in D3 are terribly boring. I don't know how an expansion will fix it. Not totally closed minded to the possiblity, but given Blizzard's committment to the auction house and 'streamlining' of character development, I can't imagine the game changing much.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

November 9th, 2012, 20:19
I am having so much more fun with Torchlight 2.

BababooeyHTJ

SasqWatch

November 9th, 2012, 20:57
I don't know, I really wish they can make the game a lot better with an expansion. Who knows, that'd be awesome.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

November 9th, 2012, 23:20
Let me know if they ever remove the need to be online requirement for this game. Until then, Torchlight 2 reigns supreme.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

November 9th, 2012, 23:55
Too little too late if you ask me.

I'll finish it as well, because I'm a completionist, and it'd feel strange not to have a look after owning vanilla, but it's got very little incentive whatsoever.

Soulbane

Seeker of knowledge

November 10th, 2012, 00:02
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
The two new classes are archivist and wololo.
Microsoft would sue them.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

November 10th, 2012, 01:08
This is the first (non-WoW) Blizzard product since War Craft (#1) that I will be staying the hell away from. I do not trust this team.

Santos

Ass-hat

November 10th, 2012, 21:37
I just started playing Torchlight 2 a few days ago and it is far more fun than Diablo 3.

The integration of the auction house in Diablo 3, making all drops in the game nothing more than vendor trash, really destroyed the game for me. Finding loot myself is what made the older diablo games great. I am definitely passing on anything for Diablo 3. Maybe they will get it right again in Diablo 4.

zz

Watcher

November 11th, 2012, 11:51
Didn't they say there will be no more Diablo games? Something about them realizing that this is an old formula, and also the story kind of came to a closure. I wouldn't mind to be honest, they have done enough damage as it is.

Soulbane

Seeker of knowledge

November 11th, 2012, 11:59
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Story spoiler in the snippet
That Leah had a mother called Adria? That's revealed right at the start of the game anyway

kalniel

SasqWatch

November 12th, 2012, 09:46
Here's hoping they've learned something and improve itemization and class replayability.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 12th, 2012, 14:25
I doubt there's anything to fix at this point. Unless they somehow change the entire game.

When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I'm a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

bloodlover

Sentinel

November 12th, 2012, 14:28
Originally Posted by bloodlover View Post
I doubt there's anything to fix at this point. Unless they somehow change the entire game.
That's pretty much what I'm talking about. Certainly the foundation for the item/class mechanics.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 12th, 2012, 23:42
I've come to appreciate the skill design. I quite enjoy having the option to change out my skill kit to meet the current challenge as well as find new ways to use combinations of skills without having to roll another character from level 1. I understand why some would prefer the old way, but frankly, I don't have the time to play 2 or 3 different versions of each class through like I did in the old days. Having said that, I'd still like some say in what attributes improve, but that's a minor thing.

I'd like them to just focus on making the item system more complex and interesting. Bring back runewords, add a recipe system like the old Cube but more useful and deep, and continue to give folks more reasons to use an item that isn't just a DPS/PrimeStat/Vit boost.

If I had to pick a second improvement, take the foundation of what they've started with the random quests and events and improve on it greatly. Add a crap-ton more of those and make them much more complex/deep/interesting.

chamr

Mounted Highborn

November 14th, 2012, 20:52
40€ for an expansion. And that's priced accordingly for an expansion apparently…

Originally Posted by Blizzard FAQ
We do view Heart of the Swarm as an expansion set, so for the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, we will price accordingly.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/hea…preview/faq#q7

Dread to think what they think a new game should cost…

kalniel

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Getting an Expansion in 2013