|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Walking Dead season premiere tonight

Default The Walking Dead season premiere tonight

November 6th, 2012, 13:55
Too much stupidity.

Spoiler

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 6th, 2012, 15:07
Indeed.

We are just supposed to take face value that bunch of trained soldiers are too shocked not to fight back or even take cover.

I don't know why i'm following this series really. Almost every characters acts irrationally. Like you said, what on earth was the hidden convict going to do with an empty prison full of zombies?

Or why aren't the characters wearing protective gear/clothing against zombie bites? IF one bite is enough to turn you (unless the biten limb can be hacked off), any normal person would likely try to cover naked skin as much as possible to avoid such outcome.

Besides shouldn't it be enought to turn a person into zombie if zombie blood gets into one's mouth or eyes while fighting close range?

Dez

Watcher of The Keep

November 6th, 2012, 15:33
Where's the fun and tension in a show where characters always act rationally and with cold and calculated precision? Sounds like a recipe for boredom to me!

No, humans aren't computers. We don't always make the most reasoned of choices even if we like to think we do. Watching the show with a survivalist mindset can surely only lead to futility and frustration in the face of such characters.

That said, I do think the chaos that descended upon the prison in the last episode was a bit much. You'd have thought they'd be a bit more organised by now. I'll admit I got a shock by the conclusion; but I was glad that the writers tried to reinforce the gravity of the overall scenario instead of turning the show into a straight shoot and hack 'em up fest.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards

November 6th, 2012, 15:38
I don't think anyone is asking for "always rational" and cold people. I'd just like something resembling plausible behavior given the extreme circumstances - which I'm most certainly not getting.

However, we all value such things differently

Personally, I'm much more affected by believable scenarios that I can fully immerse myself in. It makes it that much more effective - and it wouldn't need to be about showing all the gore you possibly can every 60 seconds.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 6th, 2012, 21:41
About those particular scenes….

Spoiler –

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 7th, 2012, 10:40
Spoiler – Well….

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 7th, 2012, 10:56
Spoiler – But…

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 7th, 2012, 11:03
Spoiler – Reply

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 7th, 2012, 11:12
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Thankfully, I have shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad to keep me entertained
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad. I've never seen Dexter, but Breaking Bad is, imo, one of the best TV dramas ever written.

I'm still lowbrow enough to enjoy TWD though.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 7th, 2012, 11:27
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad. I've never seen Dexter, but Breaking Bad is, imo, one of the best TV dramas ever written.

I'm still lowbrow enough to enjoy TWD though.
You need to watch Dexter - trust me

When you do, promise me you'll last until Season 4 is over. That's THE season.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 8th, 2012, 05:37
Dexter is crap comparison to BB though, imo. But give it a try

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…
Last edited by vurt; November 9th, 2012 at 04:21. Reason: edited for DArtagnan and other forum derps.

vurt

Serial Modderer

November 8th, 2012, 10:22
Vurt has spoken and thus we have truth!

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 11th, 2012, 18:07
This season is a great one. I enjoyed every episode, leaving the disappointment i felt for the 2 season.
Yes, there are many gaps in the story, and many non logical behaviours when it comes to survival but, to be honest, i expect that. You need the story to unfold somehow.

And yea, breaking bad is the best series ever for me.

akarthis

Sentinel

November 13th, 2012, 00:37
Another excellent episode last night. I like how they're slowly revealing more about The Governor each week, and the scene with Rick and the bloated zombie was truly uncomfortable to watch.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 20th, 2012, 12:09
Yeah, the last couple of episodes have been better. I liked how they handled that "telephone" breakdown of Rick. A really unsettling way to demonstrate his mental state.

I won't go into the super stupidity of the tactical handling of certain situations involving a Katana - but I'm used to that by now

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 21st, 2012, 04:08
i think it's kinda funny how zombies just seem to *appear* out of nowhere (in the forest in the latest episode for example) and ambush them time and time again. Back in the beginning of season II it was downright hilarious, they have a lookout posted and still suddenly a horde of stealthy ninja zombies just suddenly pop in on top of them.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

November 21st, 2012, 04:14
Kinda reminds me of the Monty Python bit where Lancelot charges the castle to save the "princess". Running…running…running…running…and there he is!

Seem to be staying about a week or two behind on episodes of all the shows I'm following. Not sure why. With a little luck, I'll do some catching up over the holiday weekend.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 23rd, 2012, 01:20
stupid zombie pop-ins and other shenanigans aside, it's still a good show and really the only running program that I pay attention to.

One thing that i have to hand them - the zombie quota has been bumped up quite significantly. Every episode is making sure that the zombie threat is not just an afterthought on the human drama. There has been some quality human vs zombie action going on all the time, and the special effects for the zombie makeup and gore have been nothing short of spectacular.

If i can at least get that, it's half the battle (if not more!)

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

November 26th, 2012, 06:28
In my opinion: Glen is the next to shuffle off this mortal coil. We need to start a death pool.

But really, what is "mortality" in the zombie apocalypse after all? A discussion for another time.
Also - I dont know about you guys, but I think Merle is fuckin great. I love insane, ruthless characters. My wife hates him tho ='.'=

Tonight's gonna be intense, lots on the line. Be there or be square bros

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

November 26th, 2012, 08:32
Another set-up type episode. Not much really happened, but next week should be a doozy.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Walking Dead season premiere tonight