|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch - New Poll

Default RPGWatch - New Poll

November 14th, 2012, 05:59
No worries. There is no filter currently and I doubt there will be one, regardless of the ever increasing volume of amateur hour development. People will get sick of the noise generated from the Kickstarter fad and the tide will recede as it should.

It seems to me however there is a bit of irony in your perspective that we should universally support all indie efforts equally… the noise from these lesser quality efforts dilute the pool and drag on the funding potential of the better indie efforts… such as Antharion. Few will reach their funding target.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

November 14th, 2012, 09:19
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
No worries. There is no filter currently and I doubt there will be one, regardless of the ever increasing volume of amateur hour development. People will get sick of the noise generated from the Kickstarter fad and the tide will recede as it should.

It seems to me however there is a bit of irony in your perspective that we should universally support all indie efforts equally… the noise from these lesser quality efforts dilute the pool and drag on the funding potential of the better indie efforts… such as Antharion. Few will reach their funding target.
So, you're suggesting we should establish quality of games whose development have only just been initialised - and generate a filter based on what the moderators deem appropriate?

This is what you suggest for a serious RPG news site?

I suggest you use your own filter in your own way, and let other people do the same. That's how you avoid corruption and partiality.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 14th, 2012, 10:50
I have always applied my own filter, it is set on maximum just like a spam filter, no kick-starters can get through.

Wulf

Inquisitor

November 14th, 2012, 16:21
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
I have always applied my own filter, it is set on maximum just like a spam filter, no kick-starters can get through.
Then I would say you are missing out on a lot of quality products.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch - New Poll