|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Interview @ Sorcerer's Place

Default Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Interview @ Sorcerer's Place

November 14th, 2012, 16:18
Sorcerer's Place has interviewed Trent Oster on everything that is enhanced in their upcoming release of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition with 22 questions:
2. SP: Which enhancement in BG:EE are you most proud of?Oster: I'm most proud of the new content. I was playing through with Neera in the party and had an encounter with an NPC that had me laughing out loud and thinking "that is exactly how I imagined her acting". I also think the Black Pits is brilliant and Mark Meer of Commander Shepard fame did an outstanding job with the voice acting for the antagonist.
3. SP: Conversely, which enhancement in BG:EE are you most worried about? I mean, you're touching the holy grail of CRPGs after all!
Oster: I think the fact we've touched the game at all is what I'm worried about. It will play as Baldur's Gate, but there are some major changes to the front end UI and it will feel quite different to people who have played a lot of vanilla BG. I think the improvements are mostly pretty logical and straightforward, but there is a bit of a curator role we've had to adopt. I think working at Bioware during the development and remembering the rationale behind some key decisions had really helped us walk a line I think most fans will agree with.
More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 14th, 2012, 16:18
I think the fact we've touched the game at all is what I'm worried about
Didn't somebody tell them not to touch that?

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

November 14th, 2012, 19:59
This looks good, I'm looking forward to getting back into it. It'll be weird playing using standard 2nd ed rules again though last time I played was with the BG2 engine with kits and such.

Daniel.

darklord

SasqWatch

November 15th, 2012, 06:45
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Didn't somebody tell them not to touch that?

but if they don't, how will we ever know?

don't touch it you fool

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Interview @ Sorcerer's Place