|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KB: Warriors of the North - More Reviews

Default KB: Warriors of the North - More Reviews

November 13th, 2012, 12:06
Haven't yet reached any Orcs, but I'm excited to face a stronger enemy and find out what this Adrenaline does. I actually enjoy fighting tough, versatile opponents, since I have to use spells, abilities, Valkyres, songs and unit skills all in a careful order and combination. Devilfish and such neutral enemies are pretty boring indeed.

By the way, I'm using a tactic that I didn't think of in the other games of the series. Instead of constantly going back and forth between combat and recruiting, I purposely go in to battle in less than full strength. That way you get more experience. Going against a "Very Strong" army of Peasants and Dragonflies is much easier than a "Slightly Stronger" one race army.

The Walkin' Dude

Watcher of the Keep

November 13th, 2012, 13:25
Originally Posted by The Walkin' Dude View Post
By the way, I'm using a tactic that I didn't think of in the other games of the series. Instead of constantly going back and forth between combat and recruiting, I purposely go in to battle in less than full strength. That way you get more experience. Going against a "Very Strong" army of Peasants and Dragonflies is much easier than a "Slightly Stronger" one race army.
Didnt know you get more XP that way… If that is true i am gonna refresh troops less often.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

November 13th, 2012, 15:04
Ok, maybe I'll keep trying then until I hit the first boss. Thanks for the tip. The early areas aren't all that interesting, and I wasn't all that excited to play through them a second time.

Originally Posted by The Walkin' Dude View Post
Before restarting on Impossible with a different class, I recommend that you at least reach the first boss (the one where you can't use your Rage abilities). The game changes drastically after this and you will be pleasantly surprised. I wanted to restart as well but am now happy that I did not.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

November 18th, 2012, 19:28
Were you able to reach the boss and the new area? How do you like it now?

The Walkin' Dude

Watcher of the Keep

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KB: Warriors of the North - More Reviews