|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » Far Cry 3

Default Far Cry 3

November 22nd, 2012, 19:01
I've been reading reviews of this game, and I'm thinking that this game might be what White Gold should have been. It seems very promising. Check out the reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/far-cry-3

gozioso

Watchdog

November 23rd, 2012, 05:02
Yeah I'll be checking this out, I love the first 2. But the Deep Shadows games have a little something-something that the Far Cry franchise won't ever give me.

I think it's that Boiling Point and White Gold are more from left field, and you never quite know what you're going to find around the next corner. In the Far Cry's (first 2 anyway), you pretty much know what you're gonna get.

badmofo

Tired but happy

November 23rd, 2012, 05:36
I thought Far Cry was fantastic for its time. It was the first DirectX 9 game, and it blew me away. Not only did it look incredible, the maps were huge, and there were different ways to approach most situations. The story was actually pretty cool as well.

Far Cry 2 was a HUGE disappointment to me. I thought the world felt very generic, and I hated how nothing you did mattered because anything you killed or destroyed would simply respawn as soon as you left the area. I quit about 10 hours in and never looked back.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 23rd, 2012, 05:54
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Far Cry 2 was a HUGE disappointment to me. I thought the world felt very generic, and I hated how nothing you did mattered because anything you killed or destroyed would simply respawn as soon as you left the area. I quit about 10 hours in and never looked back.
I can dig that, and I haven't finished # 2 for that reason also. But it's a cool sandbox environment and it's a game that never leaves my HDD for that reason. I can dip in for 30 mins every now-and-then for some fun open world shoot-em-up action without ever really progressing.

A bit like DOOM 1&2. I boot them up and do the first couple of levels every now-and-then too, just for some mindless fun. I can't even remember why that marine was stuck on the… moon? I can't remember where he was either apparently, and I like that it doesn't matter.

badmofo

Tired but happy

November 23rd, 2012, 08:52
I totally agree with JDR13. I almost lost my vacations for far cry.

I spent 4 hours with the second. Hoping for a great third game.

akarthis

Sentinel

November 23rd, 2012, 11:39
I finished Far Cry 2 after doing everything in it.

The game is an example of a great engine with horrible content, a bit similar to Assassin's Creed I or Oblivion.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

November 23rd, 2012, 12:12
There are very few shooters that I look forward to but this is one of them. It looks great. I am a little disappointed that you can't play the campaign in co-op but instead get other various levels to play.

sakichop

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » Far Cry 3