|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Thorvalla - Update #7, Animated Demo

Default Thorvalla - Update #7, Animated Demo

November 27th, 2012, 01:46
Here is update number 7 for Thorvalla, which is currently at 39K out of the asked 1 million.
Clicking on the image below leads you to the Thorvalla website where you can see, after installing the Unity web plug-in, an animated demo of a hut with a torch in front of it, showing the dynamic lighting in this scene.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 27th, 2012, 01:46
I like the art style there.

I feel bad for this project. It's not Shaker 2 for lack of trying.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

November 27th, 2012, 08:12
They did have some good updates, but first impressions are hard to overcome. In a way I am glad that throwing a (more or less well-known) name and a game pedigree in the ring is not always sufficient to get funding. On the other hand I am sad for any attempt at an old school RPG that won't get made. I hope it's a case of quality over quantity in the end

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

November 27th, 2012, 14:00
Even ignoring how weak the original pitch looked, it doesn't help that their tiers sound like DLC pre-order bullshit from conventional publishers.

I mean: "15 bucks for the game, 30 bucks for an exclusive dungeon and item"? Seriously?
You are asking people to fund your game and yet you are already planning to preclude part of the content for some of them.
It can't strike anyone as a good thing.

Tuco

Watchdog

November 27th, 2012, 14:19
Decent idea but this stands no chance. That art direction isn't helping. Looks amateurish. House looks good though.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Default Running Kickstarter in late november

November 28th, 2012, 18:34
For people who were asking why would they run a kKickstarter campaign late November, Pathfinder Online just starterd running thier campaign, and have gotten over $100,000 from just over 1000 backers in one day, with a goal of $1,000,000.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…sy-sandbox-mmo

It just goes to show promotion and advertising are the key components to a successful campaign, over quantity or quality of presented material.
Pathfinder has an existing fanbase that is easily accessed and that is the big reason they are going so well.

To sum it up, I feel our space program ended up like this. "It's one small step for man. One giant leap for man kind. Oops I fell on my butt after that leap and can't get up anymore."

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Thorvalla - Update #7, Animated Demo