|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Chaos Chronicles - Updates

Default Chaos Chronicles - Updates

November 30th, 2012, 00:13
StraySheep informed us that the Chaos Chronicles devs have uploaded 7 new screenshots, mention an interview at RPGFrance and let us know the following:
Well. We’d like to announce today that there won’t be new screenshots in December. We’d also like to announce the reason for that. We promised a trailer several times before. And now we can officially say that the trailer indeed isn’t far away anymore. Instead of static screenshots you’ll see “Chaos Chronicles” in movement for the first time in December. And not at the end of December but much, much earlier. It will, of course, contain a lot of WiP-material. A short example: If you have read our blog for quite a while you’ll notice the old grid here and there. With the release of the trailer another small announcement will be made – just as a little hint.
More information.
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,042

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 00:13
This game is quickly raising above most of the contenders in my personal hype chart.
Tuco is offline

Tuco

Tuco's Avatar
Watchdog

#2

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 173

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 00:19
For sure. This and Original Sin are why 2013 looks great for gaming.

They really should expand their community involvement past RPGCodex though!
darkling is offline

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

#3

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 836

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 05:37
most anticipated game of 2013 for me!

"For Innos!"
ToddMcF2002 is offline

ToddMcF2002

ToddMcF2002's Avatar
SasqWatch

#4

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,226

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 06:59
Well it looks very nice, and I definitely like the hex movement grid. I guess that means it uses turn-based combat?
rjshae is offline

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

#5

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,311

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 08:15
It does. The ruleset is D20 adapted to hexes.
darkling is offline

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

#6

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 836

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 08:53
The game has my interest all I want is a rotating camera that works better then there Jagged Alliance games. Next year can't come fast enough with this and the kick starters.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

#7

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 8,737

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 09:35
Originally Posted by darkling View Post
They really should expand their community involvement past RPGCodex though!
Oh we do. Sometimes you notice it, sometimes not. And as you can see: I now have an account here too, so if you have any questions…. feel free to ask
CrashOberbreit is offline

CrashOberbreit

Traveler

#8

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 13:18
There are some great looking RPG's on the horizon.
DarNoor is offline

DarNoor

Sentinel

#9

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 379

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 13:50
they had me at the hex based combat, where do I enter my credit card info?
wolfing is offline

wolfing

wolfing's Avatar
Wonders what SasqWatch is

#10

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,113

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 13:54
Originally Posted by CrashOberbreit View Post
Oh we do. Sometimes you notice it, sometimes not. And as you can see: I now have an account here too, so if you have any questions…. feel free to ask
Welcome! Your game looks amazing. I cannot wait for the first video!

"For Innos!"
ToddMcF2002 is offline

ToddMcF2002

ToddMcF2002's Avatar
SasqWatch

#11

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,226

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 14:00
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Welcome! Your game looks amazing. I cannot wait for the first video!
Please note that I'm "just" the Producer of the game and am located at the Publisher and not at Coreplay directly. But as you said: Yes, their game indeed looks amazing (and doesn't play that bad at all already… )
CrashOberbreit is offline

CrashOberbreit

Traveler

#12

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 14:18
Originally Posted by CrashOberbreit View Post
Please note that I'm "just" the Producer of the game and am located at the Publisher and not at Coreplay directly. But as you said: Yes, their game indeed looks amazing (and doesn't play that bad at all already… )
You've played it? What a tease!

"For Innos!"
ToddMcF2002 is offline

ToddMcF2002

ToddMcF2002's Avatar
SasqWatch

#13

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,226

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 14:22
This game sounds good. Plus, it also looks good, the art direction rules.
Originally Posted by darkling View Post
For sure. This and Original Sin are why 2013 looks great for gaming.
Yep.

What you think about most, is what you become.
DeepO is offline

DeepO

DeepO's Avatar
deep outside

#14

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Prague
Posts: 2,285

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 14:31
I much prefer the art direction of Chaos Chronicles to Original Sin. I want dark and menacing environments not Rainbow Pony.

"For Innos!"
ToddMcF2002 is offline

ToddMcF2002

ToddMcF2002's Avatar
SasqWatch

#15

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,226

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 14:42
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
You've played it? What a tease!
I'd be a very bad producer if I didn't do so
CrashOberbreit is offline

CrashOberbreit

Traveler

#16

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 16:08
Looking very good and what little I've read sounds very promising. Here's hoping the game delivers and provides "good ol' CRPG fun".

Originally Posted by CrashOberbreit View Post
I now have an account here too, so if you have any questions…. feel free to ask
Well, since you offered to answer questions, here are two (which I guess have been answered on the game's site, but I'm lazy ).

1. Can you create your whole party of five characters or can you only make one character with others being pre-made (the Icewind Dale vs Baldur's Gate method)?

2. How are you planning to implement magic? As you're using OGL d20 rules (with modifications), will you use the Vancian spell casting system (i.e. memorize in advance, can cast limited number of spells per spell level, etc.) or something else (like a Spell Point kind of thing which allows more mixing and varying in which spells to cast)?

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Lurking Grue is offline

Lurking Grue

Lurking Grue's Avatar
Random Encounter #23

#17

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: I come from the land of ice and snow
Posts: 562

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 16:47
Originally Posted by Lurking Grue View Post
1. Can you create your whole party of five characters or can you only make one character with others being pre-made (the Icewind Dale vs Baldur's Gate method)?

2. How are you planning to implement magic? As you're using OGL d20 rules (with modifications), will you use the Vancian spell casting system (i.e. memorize in advance, can cast limited number of spells per spell level, etc.) or something else (like a Spell Point kind of thing which allows more mixing and varying in which spells to cast)?
1) You can create your whole Party.
2) There will be some spells in the game. I can't go into detail here but let's say that all the spells which are in the game are picked from the OGL 3.5 rule-set. You may have noticed the fireball in one Screenshot already
CrashOberbreit is offline

CrashOberbreit

Traveler

#18

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 16:53
Looks great, but sorry, feels… Dull. Chewed. Been there, done that. Dunno how exactly to decribe what bothers me there.

There is nothing there I'm excited with. Dunno, maybe I got the wrong impression. Or it's the weather.
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#19

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,648

Default 

November 30th, 2012, 16:54
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Looks great, but sorry, feels… Dull. Chewed. Been there, done that. Dunno how exactly to decribe what bothers me there.

There is nothing there I'm excited with. Dunno, maybe I got the wrong impression. Or it's the weather.
Or your a …..

"For Innos!"
ToddMcF2002 is offline

ToddMcF2002

ToddMcF2002's Avatar
SasqWatch

#20

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,226
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Chaos Chronicles - Updates
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:30.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch