|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Kickstarters » Kickstarter - Elite 4 "Elite Dangerous"

Default Kickstarter - Elite 4 "Elite Dangerous"

November 27th, 2012, 11:38
A couple of years ago, infinity was very promising. It had the best planets, gas giants, terrain, atmosphere, etc. I have seen so far (graphics-wise that is). Very interesting technical reads too.
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Inf…d=12&Itemid=33

Unfortunately development slowed down and last year they finally decided to focus solely on developing/selling the engine instead of making the game. Now if only Braben would license the engine, then he could focus on art and gameplay.

Edit: Just saw they finally have a new update out. They are planning to do a kickstarter in Q1 2013, I'll probably back that instead of Elite 4.

ilm

Sentinel

November 27th, 2012, 13:08
Might aswel play eve online(Witch is great game but to many political issues,unless you decide to be outlawed pirate) while waiting for above game.

Igor

Watchdog

November 27th, 2012, 15:41
Freelancer seems a bit old. Regarding Eve Online we seek multiplayer games but avoid MMORPG's since we like control over our game and play cooperatively on a private server. Going to look closer at Evochron Mercenary.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

November 27th, 2012, 18:16
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
Edit: Just saw they finally have a new update out. They are planning to do a kickstarter in Q1 2013, I'll probably back that instead of Elite 4.
Please do bump that up when it happens, I'm most certain I'll back that one unlike this project.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

November 28th, 2012, 01:18
A couple of years ago, infinity was very promising. It had the best planets, gas giants, terrain, atmosphere, etc. I have seen so far (graphics-wise that is). Very interesting technical reads too.
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Inf…d=12&Itemid=33

Unfortunately development slowed down and last year they finally decided to focus solely on developing/selling the engine instead of making the game. Now if only Braben would license the engine, then he could focus on art and gameplay.

Correct me but I think it's only multiplayer and no single player.

Von Paulus

Sentinel

November 28th, 2012, 12:59
Yes it is/was a massive multiplayer game, but I think such games are ideal for that. As long as they have enough single player content (space citizen's concept is logical and ideal as far as I understand it).

However, I have read up on their forums and seems there is still quite a lot of work to the engine alone. And there is some confusing information that the planned kickstarter next year is only for an 'arena' game, which I have zero interest in.

ilm

Sentinel

November 28th, 2012, 13:44
If arena in the style of star conflict that will not interest me more.

Igor

Watchdog

November 28th, 2012, 18:08
Yes it is/was a massive multiplayer game, but I think such games are ideal for that. As long as they have enough single player content (space citizen's concept is logical and ideal as far as I understand it).
As long it's not forced PVP, no subscription and no F2P… I don't mind some cooperative play. That's why, if I had to support one project only, I would choose Elite.

Von Paulus

Sentinel

November 30th, 2012, 17:22
Unfortunately we want control over our own content so we aren't interested in MMORPG games. A specific reason for this is that there's a great risk a human player begin to rationalize and optimize the game mechanics and it's limits, starting a battle between programmer and players. When that happen on a server they tend to break the game and it's immersion.

We have however set up a server for Evochron Mercenary and we have started to play. We are really enthusiastic so far.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

December 27th, 2012, 10:58
By the looks of it, I doubt this will succeed. The bidding stalled too early and it's now only 8 days left with 300k left to rise. I personally upped my bid a bit but that's just me.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

December 28th, 2012, 01:52
Its touch and go but I think they will make it. They are smack bang in the middle of the Kicktraq projection, it depends how big the final "spurt" will be - for example I thought Godus was doomed but they made it after all.

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

January 2nd, 2013, 00:10
Damn it's close… 3 days to go and 70k to grind…

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

January 2nd, 2013, 22:17
They've made it! 1.26m, 50 hours still to go. If they reach 1.4m there will be a Mac version, and with 1.5m 10 new playable ships.

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

January 4th, 2013, 22:45
It's getting a fair amount of press coverage for being the highest Kickstarter goal to get successfully funded.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

January 5th, 2013, 00:34
Elite - the first game I played for 1000 hours and more …

I pledged 30 Pounds just to be a part of this.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Kickstarters » Kickstarter - Elite 4 "Elite Dangerous"