|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sui Generis - Funded!

Default Sui Generis - Funded!

November 30th, 2012, 09:21
Sui Generis has been funded (160k of 150k) and the team has posted a short update:
It's been a bumpy ride but somehow we came through. This is thanks to you, our backers and supporters. We never dreamed we could get such great support from the community, we're deeply touched by the passion you've shown and how much energy (and hard earned money!) you put into making this happen. We can't thank you enough. We came to Kickstarter to make the game we've always dreamed of, we've always been highly motivated but your enthusiasm and dedication are a stronger motivator than anything we've known and now we know we're making this game for you!
A special thanks goes out to Brian Fargo, TotalBiscuit, Stephen Fry, Zojoi (Shadowgate), Corey Cole (Hero-U), Obsidian Entertainment, and everyone else who helped us!
Now we're going to focus on making you the best game we possibly can. It's going to take a little time for the whole team to relocate so we can work together but we won't stop working hard for a minute. We will stay in touch with you, keep you updated and get your feedback. If you haven't done it yet then please come join our forums where we already have a great community.
Thank you!
The Bare Mettle team
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 30th, 2012, 09:21
I wasn't gonna back this up, but I really wanted to see it finished so I ended up backing. I'm a sucker for dramatic endings.
Congratulations.

borcanu

muist

November 30th, 2012, 09:27
Good on them….

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

November 30th, 2012, 10:32
Yes, I contributed, too. Despite my criticism they have worked hard on improving their campaign and might just pull off something interesting.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 30th, 2012, 10:34
On a side note: This project had the most unusual trend curve:
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/147…hart-exp-trend
All other projects I have followed had a big spike in the beginning, that a long slump, then a final ascent, e.g. Dead State. (http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/707…hart-exp-trend)
SGs trend started really poor, stagnated for most of its run, and then suddenly peaked enormously in the last days. The trendline never exceeded the funding goal until the last day.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

November 30th, 2012, 13:36
It's not that unusual. Projects with no lead-in (i.e. initial visibility) follow a curve similar to that one. Well unless they are really atrocious pitch or ideas.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

November 30th, 2012, 16:47
Or are, otherwise, Thorvalla.

himmy

Watcher

November 30th, 2012, 18:00
Good thing I'm not a betting man, I would have been eating my hat right now..but good for them that they pulled it off. But I think most of the credit for the KS must go to their fans who really pushed hard to get this publicized and dug even deeper to push up their pledges.

@himmy: I agree that Thorvalla seems doomed - I have (perhaps foolishly) pledged there too…but man, they really need to up their game And they have no sexy tech demo to help them on their way, just a static house rendered in UNITY…not exactly overwhelming. Still don't like teh card element, but I could probably get over that - but KS projects need to start showing that they have down more prep work,. design (world and mechanics) etc. Not simply arrive with a wheelbarrow of half-baked ideas and then dump them at your feet. sheesh.

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

November 30th, 2012, 21:53
Somehow this didn't get on my radar until yesterday. Very impressed with the technology and physics and having read the Forbes interview I feel I have a much more concrete idea that what the initial backers had but as most ambitious kickstarters I have doubts about the abilities and resources to pull off even 20% of what they're imagining.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

November 30th, 2012, 23:03
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
Good thing I'm not a betting man, I would have been eating my hat right now..but good for them that they pulled it off. But I think most of the credit for the KS must go to their fans who really pushed hard to get this publicized and dug even deeper to push up their pledges.

@himmy: I agree that Thorvalla seems doomed - I have (perhaps foolishly) pledged there too…but man, they really need to up their game And they have no sexy tech demo to help them on their way, just a static house rendered in UNITY…not exactly overwhelming. Still don't like teh card element, but I could probably get over that - but KS projects need to start showing that they have down more prep work,. design (world and mechanics) etc. Not simply arrive with a wheelbarrow of half-baked ideas and then dump them at your feet. sheesh.
I think your point of view is exactly the same as the majority of Kickstarter community - people don't want to hear any more general statements about greatness of the game, that is not even designed yet and they want to see the hard work that was already done to believe in the positive outcome of the project.

xep624

Watcher

December 1st, 2012, 00:26
I'm not a PC gamer (yet), but I am happy this got funded. It's a game I am interested in when I do buy a gaming PC, I will definitely check this one out.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

December 1st, 2012, 14:13
Originally Posted by xep624 View Post
I think your point of view is exactly the same as the majority of Kickstarter community - people don't want to hear any more general statements about greatness of the game, that is not even designed yet and they want to see the hard work that was already done to believe in the positive outcome of the project.
Seeing what can be done is a positive outcome in itself.

What it has shown is that most backers want to see the same old.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sui Generis - Funded!