|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Review @ GammaSquad

Default Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Review @ GammaSquad

December 4th, 2012, 19:32
I've only created a character and ran around Candlekeep a bit, but I really like what I've seen so far. I have to mention again that the new opening cinematic is horrible though.

Being able to zoom is neat, but I find that there's not really much use for it in this game. I also wish there was a hotkey to take you back to the default view.

Visually, it looks a lot cleaner and more crisp than the original game ever did for me. I did have a nasty problem at first with the screen flickering, but that was solved by disabling vsync and triple buffering in my control panel.

I'll probably explore some of the areas around Candlekeep to get a further impression, but I don't plan to do a full playthrough anytime soon. I'm playing too many other games right now, and my gaming time is currently limited to begin with. I'll probably wait for BG2 EE to be released and play through both games then.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Review @ GammaSquad