|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Amazing Screenshot Thread

Default Amazing Screenshot Thread

June 18th, 2012, 21:22
Not only that you stripped him. How ignominious.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

June 19th, 2012, 04:02
Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
Good lord, looks like your character went honking on some mysterious alchemical mix resembling mescaline or LSD. That's one too many Letrushes.
They're 3D. Just pick either the left or right image at the bottom and it will look sane. Well, saner than red/blue 3D graphics.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I did finish putting all my Skyrim pics up a couple of months ago: http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/Zloth…5012a57000001/

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 19th, 2012, 06:59
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Not only that you stripped him. How ignominious.
Indeed. His clothing now adorns one of my Assassin's mannequins in his home in Solitude.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards

July 21st, 2012, 22:53
Still dipping into this game.. still get amazed by the odd scene..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kal_skyrim.jpg (142.6 KB, 160 views)

kalniel

SasqWatch

July 21st, 2012, 22:57
Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
Still dipping into this game.. still get amazed by the odd scene..
Wow, that's gorgeous, Kalniel - did you use a mod to change the clouds and sky?

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

July 21st, 2012, 23:24
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
Wow, that's gorgeous, Kalniel - did you use a mod to change the clouds and sky?
Nope, that's a vanilla sky. Only improvement you might be able to see is a slight tweak to the water.

kalniel

SasqWatch

December 12th, 2012, 03:00
The link a few posts back has a couple hundred more screenshots in 3D now.

I'm going to rename the valley between Lover's Stone and Sky Haven to be Epic Valley. I can't go near there without getting a dozen screenshots!
http://imageshack.us/a/img838/796/sstonelookout.jpg

Totally lore-friendly armor:
http://imageshack.us/a/img402/4902/e…dteraarmor.jpg
(It's just not Elder Scrolls lore that it's friendly with.)

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

December 13th, 2012, 07:15
I think you misspelled whore.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

December 15th, 2012, 05:46
awesome screens, like that Elven scale a lot. Would look good on my character!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

December 16th, 2012, 01:28
Up to 25 mods now - all enhancements to graphics. Scenery is stunning. I also downloaded a fun mod for the holidays:

Saturalia - Christmas in Skyrim: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28093

Saturalia

Evening Star 25th

The New Life festival comes a few days early in Wayrest with Saturalia, traditionally held on the 25th of Evening Star. Originally a holiday for a long forgotten god of debauchery, it has become a time of gift giving, parties, and parading. Visitors are encouraged to participate.
Anyhow some screen shots.

Varg the Orc Hero:

Varg in Whiterun:

Ulfr the Barbarian - Outside Riverwood by the river:

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

December 16th, 2012, 06:06
NO!! No Life Day! Oh the pain…. the horrible song… I fear I may be getting a concussion via dehydration soon….

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

December 16th, 2012, 14:58
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
NO!! No Life Day! Oh the pain…. the horrible song… I fear I may be getting a concussion via dehydration soon….
OMG that made my ears bleed.

I removed the mod - I wasn't going to play with it as to immersion breaking and all my mods are aiming to increase that aspect not lower it.

However I wanted some skyrim holiday wallpapers and it was easier than Photoshopping a hat on them

Still the person did a pretty good job on the mod - very thorough. I enjoyed mucking with it for an hour or two although I didn't do any of the quests.

Pure scenery shot … looked better in the game though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot416.jpg (85.9 KB, 58 views)

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

December 16th, 2012, 21:45
That's a great one! I always love it when you can see the Greybeard's place up near the peak.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

December 23rd, 2012, 04:19
Two that came out nice. One is with Varg acting as Lady Serena's bodyguard while we walk in the gardens behind the back of Riften. The second is at the Mages College with an awesome view of the Shrine to Azura, with Varg and his husky Bran.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot94.jpg (227.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot81.jpg (180.8 KB, 27 views)

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

December 23rd, 2012, 04:52
Can't wait to fully get into Skyrim once they are done releasing DLC/expansions (I already own the base game plus every expansion except Dragonborn, of course). Guaranteed to be a helluva ride .

Moriendor

Spielkind

December 23rd, 2012, 05:34
I keep playing different characters. I find once I get into the high 30's I like to do something different. I did my canon to 45 and he retired at a nice windmill by a lake. He was a standard Ranger/Thief hero type I always tend to play.

I just finished Varg the Orc Paladin. He was my second and he didn't complete any of the main quests (I suppose he might some day). He was a vampire and undead hunter so his adventures centered around all quests and role playing related to that. He just finished Dawnguard so his story is done. He was 39 at the time.

My newest guy, Grimwolf the Nightblade, below, is a mercenary for hire with a dark secret. While Varg was every bit the Paladin and overall cheerful and sweet guy (for an Orc), Grimwolf will be a cross between Robin Hood, Ghost Rider, Nick Fury, and Hadrian Blackwater. He is starting in Falkreath and will do Hearthfire and be role playing a mercenary … albeit one closer to good than bad but still dark. I haven't decided what main quest lines he will do yet.

.. sorry for hogging this thread I am a major screen shot nut!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grim_dmd.jpg (152.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot116.jpg (189.5 KB, 22 views)

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

December 23rd, 2012, 09:41
Well, I enjoy your pics and stories, so keep them coming .

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Spam Fighter
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 23rd, 2012, 09:56
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
.. sorry for hogging this thread I am a major screen shot nut!
No chance of listing mods you are using?

Could use some input

I recently started to play skyrim with GEMS but um unimpressed by the visuals.

(and i kind of gravitate towards thief/ranger (bard) every frigging time)

C

Crilloan

Sentinel

December 23rd, 2012, 16:06
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Well, I enjoy your pics and stories, so keep them coming .
Thanks! I really enjoy making back stories and sinnking into a character. I only wish I had time to write all the things I create. Some of my best characters have been made while on long walks with my dogs in the woods. Its the best time to create fantasy characters.

Originally Posted by Crilloan View Post
No chance of listing mods you are using?

Could use some input

I recently started to play skyrim with GEMS but um unimpressed by the visuals.

(and i kind of gravitate towards thief/ranger (bard) every frigging time)

C
I attached two images from NMM. I also have two manually installed not on the screenshot. One is better males and the other is a 1st Person Camera Height Change. Once I found out I could change the scale of my characters I was all over making a big Orc. For anyone who has read the "Oath of Swords" series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_Swords) by David Webber than you are familiar with Bahzell Bahnakson, who is one of the giant sized hradani race with a beserk rage. I modelled Varg a little off him as he is a giant Orc with the rage ability and also a Paladin, although he follows the God Arkay… Anyhow scale doesn't change in 1st person so I found a mod that works to bring the third and first person scale into better agreement.

I found many of these from GEM. A few I found from searching nexus. The rest I got from STEAM (perhaps 3/5 are from STEAM), I have tried literally dozens of combinations of texture replacements until I found just the right mix I like. I did a little with lighting using ENB but found the complications, problems, and other issues wasn't worth the hassle and gave up on them. To often I would get great results with A only to have B suffer. Then all the tweaking with INI files, issues with SSAO, MSAA, AA … etc. For what I got from it wasn't worth it. Instead I found "Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel" with its own light changes worked best for me.

If you have any questions on what a mod does feel free to ask. Almost all are meant to just make things more real looking along with adding more lore based objects and locations to the game. A few are mainly to remove annoyances (helmet requirements, followers screwing up my stealth, arrows always displaying on my back, etc.) and a couple for followers (I love dogs so making my husky essential was important as I hated watching him die so often).

So below are the mod screenshots and a couple more (Grimwolf at night next to a lantern, that is the Climates of Tamriel night settings - level 3), Varg and Farkas during the day - this one has a realistic feel to it to me, and one of Varg at Fort Dawnguard with Auriels bow.

EDIT: Should note that the HR Texture packs from Bethseda ARE installed … they are not checked as active in NMM as it can cause a conflict with one of the texture mods I use. So you add them to the INI file under the archive section. The conflict isn't big - just won't get the best results visually is all.

EDIT TWO: Some of my favorites are the ones that adjust the guards - gives them custom armor, open helmets, and more dialogue. A real good one is the headtracking - no idea why Bethseda doesn't have that by default. It makes your character track other people they talk to and adds more expressions to their face. Totally makes them seem more real then the stock stiff boards they are by default. Wet and Cold are cool as they add breath in cold areas and water dripping from swimming and rain. It also has some more advanced features but I didn't want to mess with SKE installs so skipped those parts.

Lastly I tried both AFT (Amazing follower tweaks) and UFO and totally prefer UFO. The main issue with AFT is the out of character/game text it adds to the games. Shouts are called "Tweak Commands" … man but it irked me every time I saw it. UFO has more realistic titles and seems better integrated IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mods_list.JPG (73.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg mods_list2.JPG (54.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot114.jpg (104.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot100 (3).jpg (245.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot80.jpg (178.3 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by wolfgrimdark; December 23rd, 2012 at 16:18.

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Amazing Screenshot Thread