|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - Inquisitor Review

Default RPGWatch Feature - Inquisitor Review

November 15th, 2012, 22:39
Which is why though I enjoy that type of gameplay, it is definitely not a game for everyone; the ARPG crowd will quickly get bored I feel.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

November 15th, 2012, 22:41
It certainly doesn't seem like a fit for the console gamers from the entitlement generation.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

November 15th, 2012, 22:58
I agree with both viewpoints. It is a little too wordy, but that is also part of its charm. The biggest problem I had with inquisitor, is that Chapter Two felt like Chapter One all over again and then Chapter 3 was starting to feel the same when I gave up. The inquisition parts of the game were just too repetitive. Still, a noble effort and well worth the measly $15.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

November 15th, 2012, 23:41
Yep, I agree; Ch2 and 3 were very much a rinse and repeat of Ch 1 in many ways, even to similar NPC's!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

November 16th, 2012, 01:06
Let's not twist it to something that it is not. It's extremely wordy even for old school gamers. I liked it, but I thought it was merely average. I don't think it is only the ARPG fans that will become bored.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

November 16th, 2012, 01:10
Well Torment was extremely wordy, and it's my favorite game of all time. And it was almost all tell not show. Really, I'm not interested in a "cinematic experience" much. To each his own, just don't expect others to accept modern day console standards.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

November 16th, 2012, 02:04
I tried to watch a youtube "lets play" of Inquisitor and fell asleep watching the guy wade through countless screens of dialog. Is the translation well done? I don't think I can stomach reading buckets of poorly translated text. Torment is long winded but well written and entertaining. What is Inquisitor like?

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

November 16th, 2012, 07:30
Trust me, torment has extremely less text, like I said I like text but man it was a lot in this game. The writing is ok, sometimes it is a bit off. I feel it's like reading a passage from a book that you select topics for.

What on earth does expecting others to accept modern day console standards have to do with anything? It by far has the most text I have seen in *any* rpg I have played since the apple 2 days.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

November 27th, 2012, 00:50
I found that the clunky combat and UI was a much bigger issue than the reading. Grinding zombies bother me a whole lot more than reading every now and then, and you spend a lot more time doing that.

Zaleukos

Bum

November 30th, 2012, 21:22
Game completed - 260 hours playtime with all quests completed at Level 54 - maximum difficulty thief using no combat magic, just the bow. Played solo as followers were too reactive but might have used a magic's follower if available earlier in the game and only if the inventory and stats were configurable both during play and on level-up. Re-spawns were fast and furious in final act. The storyline is more purpose aligned toward the game ending. I played Inquisitor for the challenge to get the max effect to see how far i could push to the limit. The great walls of text were beautiful, i wish there was more, re-spawns were a piece of cake. This game is not for casuals or impatient types. My game ran smooth from start to finish with not the slightest trace of any clunky combat.

Wulf

Inquisitor

January 10th, 2013, 02:14
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I tried to watch a youtube "lets play" of Inquisitor and fell asleep watching the guy wade through countless screens of dialog. Is the translation well done? I don't think I can stomach reading buckets of poorly translated text. Torment is long winded but well written and entertaining. What is Inquisitor like?
I just started playing this and having a surprisingly good time, Corwin's review was a big help to get me prepared for everything the game offered.

Actually the translation is excellent, much better than I expected and so far really interesting also. A lot of the questions you ask do repeat between characters but the responses are different and slowly open up the story and give you important clues as you go along.
And I've played enough old school RPG's over the last 25 years to handle the mechanics of this one easily enough.

Warmark

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - Inquisitor Review