|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Teaser Trailer

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - Teaser Trailer

January 11th, 2013, 21:40
many fond memories playing the tabletop rpg in the 90s, i hope they dont ruin chapter 3 like the witcher 2.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

January 11th, 2013, 21:50
Well, choice of music could be improved.

Originally Posted by mbpopolano24 View Post
Terrible, just terrible. What does it even mean? Is it a game? A bad movie? Just show visual effects and that's all fine. Pathetic.
Its a teaser.

Cacheperl

Sentinel

January 11th, 2013, 21:55
Originally Posted by Myrkrel View Post
My only nitpick is I would have liked or more electronic / futuristic song. More synths at least…
I think it fits. It also have fitting lyrics if you consider the political ideology in Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is an anarcho-capitalist society where every bad stereotype about libertarians are taken to the extreme. No gun control and "personal responsibility" are key axioms in this political ideology.

The song is Archive: Bullet / Lyrics

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

January 11th, 2013, 22:03
For people wondering, the song in the video is Bullets from Archive.

Official video here.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

January 12th, 2013, 00:28
I agree with JemyM. I think the song fits the trailer nicely.

That said, the song sucks on its own.

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 12th, 2013, 00:53
WOW, can't wait to play that one!

btw funny comment in the comments section below that silly sexism article:

"It's only sexist to people who are sexist. Otherwise it's a badass chick who is apparently bulletproof."

Couldn't agree more

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

January 12th, 2013, 01:37
Originally Posted by Misha View Post
http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2…t-another.html
Well, I guess the next game will have to feature the Mr. Studd enhancement to even things out.

This is one heck of a video - particularly the last bit where you're left trying to figure out who actually did what.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

January 12th, 2013, 01:51
http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2…t-another.html

LOOOOOOOOOOL
Their use of "sexism" is wrong and body idealization have been a tool of art forever.
There is an attempt to hijack feminism for a sexual conservative agenda and yes, sexual conservatives have always attacked and destroyed art.

Saw a good video on this topic today here.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

January 12th, 2013, 08:34
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
Its a teaser.
And you can tease in different ways. That one does not tease out of a game.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

January 12th, 2013, 08:48
but this teaser is meant to show DA MOOOOD, not actual gameplay coz the game is in early stages. I prefer that kind of marketing that saying that you'll get xyz endings few days before the release of the game and then get… you know what

Misha

SasqWatch

January 12th, 2013, 12:09
Loved the trailer! We need more rpgs which aren't fantasy-setting.

Thiraury

Watcher

January 12th, 2013, 12:42
Terrible, just terrible. What does it even mean? Is it a game? A bad movie? Just show visual effects and that's all fine. Pathetic.
This is either trolling, or a severe psychological reaction to uncertainty. The answers to the questions "is it a game" or "a bad movie" are self evident and a vocal frustration for not understanding the meaning of a teaser trailer show an extreme incompetence in relation to modern marketing, game marketing in particular. But the addition of hyperbolic words like "terrible" or "pathetic" show an even stronger incompetence where the person aren't just incompetent, it blame others for the frustration brought on by that incompetence.

Considering teaser trailers have been around for many years now it's hard to conceive that anyone could be that incompetent about what a teaser trailer look like, so I am guessing trolling.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

January 12th, 2013, 13:22
but this teaser is meant to show DA MOOOOD, not actual gameplay coz the game is in early stages. I prefer that kind of marketing that saying that you'll get xyz endings few days before the release of the game and then get… you know what
Teasing on gameplay for games is not that bad. Games are not perfumes used to set DA moood.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

January 12th, 2013, 16:38
Really nice. Would have prefered some EBM or industrial music (preferably a track from Frontline Assembly's Tactical Neural Implant) but i knew that wasnt gonna happen hehe.. really looking forward to this.

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

January 12th, 2013, 23:53
I usually don't get excited about CGI trailers because they have nothing to do with the gameplay, but in this case, I used to play the tabletop game Cyberpunk2020 and it was exciting just to see some reassurance about the overall direction they are going with the game.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

January 13th, 2013, 13:19
Geez, what is with people throwing the phrase "sexism" around? The genre world is meant to be gritty and dark. This is no Utopia - sex (or some form of it) will be a part of the seedy underbelly that exists an arm's length away no matter how glossy the veneer seems.

Basically what I'm saying is, puritans need not apply to understanding the game. Please fornicate off

More on topic: trailer was amazing!

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

January 13th, 2013, 17:21
Liked the trailer, but like others wished there was some idea how it was going to look. It didn't give us much, but it did set the mood. This is only the third game from CD projekt so we will have to see how it goes.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

January 13th, 2013, 17:34
Originally Posted by Dr. A View Post
The genre world is meant to be gritty and dark.
One keyword that sums up Cyberpunk for me are vulgar, which means it lack sophistication or good taste.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

January 13th, 2013, 20:24
Originally Posted by Dr. A View Post
Geez, what is with people throwing the phrase "sexism" around? The genre world is meant to be gritty and dark. This is no Utopia - sex (or some form of it) will be a part of the seedy underbelly that exists an arm's length away no matter how glossy the veneer seems.

Basically what I'm saying is, puritans need not apply to understanding the game. Please fornicate off

More on topic: trailer was amazing!
I agree. The topic generates page hits though at certain sites. I'm looking forward to the game. That's all that matters to me.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 13th, 2013, 21:23
They don't have much of a game so far , i mean they are too early into development , as a teaser it is okay and i love the concept of shooting big boobed chicks .

Tragos

Otinanist

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Teaser Trailer