|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete Released on GOG

Default Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete Released on GOG

January 27th, 2013, 20:41
Hmm - I already have NWN2 Platinum on Steam but it sure would be nice to have all the D&D games lined up on my GOG shelf (and MoW which I don't have, and the soundtracks…) Really tempted to re-buy.

Myrkrel

Sentinel

January 28th, 2013, 00:09
Originally Posted by Myrkrel View Post
Hmm - I already have NWN2 Platinum on Steam but it sure would be nice to have all the D&D games lined up on my GOG shelf (and MoW which I don't have, and the soundtracks…) Really tempted to re-buy.
Are you sure you have it on Steam? I recall searching for the NWN games on Steam recently, but it didn't seem they were available there.

I have the bundle on GamersGate that includes all the NWN games, but it doesn't include any extras afaik. How would you rate the soundtracks for NWN 2 and the expansions?

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 28th, 2013, 00:39
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Are you sure you have it on Steam? I recall searching for the NWN games on Steam recently, but it didn't seem they were available there.

I have the bundle on GamersGate that includes all the NWN games, but it doesn't include any extras afaik. How would you rate the soundtracks for NWN 2 and the expansions?
Yeah it came out on Steam in 2010 but has since been removed from the store and can't be purchased anymore. I'm not sure why - licensing / ownership issues probably. But I still have it in my Steam library.

I've only really dabbled in NWN 2 so far - some of the OC and a bit of SoZ - so I don't know if the soundtracks are consistently good throughout but what I've heard has been pretty decent. I also just like to collect CRPG soundtracks.

Myrkrel

Sentinel

January 28th, 2013, 04:06
I never really played NWN2 for long enough to form an opinion but is it possible to make the camera tolerable?

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

January 28th, 2013, 11:05
From my own experience - no.
Then again, the problem I disliked the game was not the camera.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

January 28th, 2013, 11:49
It's possible to make the camera pretty decent, as it's got a bazillion options under settings, but it takes a while to set it up properly.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 28th, 2013, 11:56
As I recall, the camera was one of the worst parts of the game - but you can get used to it. It can be set up more or less like the first NWN (which was superior in most ways regarding UI/controls) - and it's something you CAN get past if you enjoy the other aspects enough, I'd say.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

January 28th, 2013, 13:31
The camera out of the box sucked. I think it was mostly fixed with the patch for the first expansion. Now it's pretty dang decent.

Trelow

Watchdog

January 28th, 2013, 13:39
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
It's possible to make the camera pretty decent, as it's got a bazillion options under settings, but it takes a while to set it up properly.
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
As I recall, the camera was one of the worst parts of the game - but you can get used to it. It can be set up more or less like the first NWN (which was superior in most ways regarding UI/controls) - and it's something you CAN get past if you enjoy the other aspects enough, I'd say.
Exactly - when it was first released the camera selection was like 'lesser of evils' … and all I wanted was to have it like NWN. On one of the big patches they made it much more workable, so that now when I play it is much better … but still not as good as the original.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

January 28th, 2013, 15:38
This just reminds me of how much I miss real expansions.

Damn you DLC.

sakichop

SasqWatch

January 28th, 2013, 16:21
Yeah, the camera is more than adequate, though certainly not perfect.

I liked MoW though I didn't finish it (I moved about halfway through and haven't had much gaming time since). It's a good story, though not mind blowing. Westgate is nicely done. Its a bit constraining in that everything takes place in the city, but then its not supposed to me a massive campaign. My only real complaing that was I started as a Paladin as usual, but then I quickly found that there were no magic users that you could add to your party. So the choice was either play without a magic user or play as a magic user (which makes the early part harder).

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

January 28th, 2013, 18:01
I posted some config file settings that make the mouse and camera easier to use on a previous thread.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 29th, 2013, 01:11
Just a reminder for those who don't know already know here are two links for mods and other game modifications. Highly recommended for both games.

1.http://nwvault.ign.com/
2.http://www.neverwinter.nexusmods.com/index.php

Not bad for games over 5+ years. To bad Dragon Age never became as huge for game mods. I'm still playing both games and cant say this of many other games.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 29th, 2013, 01:45
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Not bad for games over 5+ years. To bad Dragon Age never became as huge for game mods. I'm still playing both games and cant say this of many other games.
I'm glad that NWN2 mods picked up after a slow start based on Obsidian taking time to roll out support …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

January 30th, 2013, 22:16
I didn't mind the camera so much as managing companions. Seems like no matter what I did, they would charge and follow me, or even charge ahead and attack. I gave up in frustration in the big thieves mansion, probably near the beginning.

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

January 30th, 2013, 22:32
If you insist on using companion AI, then yes you will have issues. I turned it off and ran them each in puppet mode, using orders like hold and attack. This solves all your problems.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete Released on GOG