|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

January 31st, 2013, 14:36
Nothing there interests me, Paradox shown with Pirates of the Black Cove what kind of "quality" games they sell, and from Square Enix I already have everything I wanted except Fullmetal Alchemist (not console games!) which is not on sale really:
http://www.amazon.com/Fullmetal-Alch…etal+alchemist

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

January 31st, 2013, 14:48
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Nothing there interests me, Paradox shown with Pirates of the Black Cove what kind of "quality" games they sell, and from Square Enix I already have everything I wanted except Fullmetal Alchemist (not console games!) which is not on sale really:
http://www.amazon.com/Fullmetal-Alch…etal+alchemist
you're like an old friend of mine. He wouldn't listen to any Genesis songs because Phil Collins was in the group at one time, and he made the song Sussudio which he hated

I can vouch for Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles and Crusader Kings 2. Both absolutely awesome strategy games, best grand strategy games ever made (well, at least from the ones I've played).

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

January 31st, 2013, 15:08
I'm not like an old friend, I adore both Genesis and Phil's solo work (including movie performances!).

And I actually have and like Europa Universalis all games. But it's a franchise and it's not something new unlike BL. Cove and CK.

Why did I skipped Crusader Kings 1 and 2… Maybe because I really don't see the plot in those games. Y'know… Tetris, beautifully rendered, you do things here and there in the game, but for what reason exactly, nobody knows. Not even developers. And I really don't want to roleplay an ameba. Sorry, I kinda don't do things for no purpose at all in RPGs.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

January 31st, 2013, 18:37
Dark Souls and The Secret World are both on Amazon sale today for around $17 - $18.

If you have a $5 promotional credit from the holiday game sales that would apply to these. I think I might go for The Secret World though the Paradox bundles are tempting too.

Myrkrel

Sentinel

January 31st, 2013, 20:38
Another Genesis fan here.

I don't mind wht they did - I just take into account that their works were done in different ages/stages of the group.
Was digging out "… and then thre were three …" a few days ago again, I really like listening to that stuff again.

The German mag "Gamestar" comes with Sacred 2 - without the Add-Ons, but, according to the title page - "with all Patches !"

Seems to be important, then, that there are "all Patches" assembled into one new release. Were they that hard to get here in Germany ?
Or because Ascaron is defunct by now ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

January 31st, 2013, 22:33
It's a real pain to get it all patched up.

Trelow

Watchdog

February 1st, 2013, 10:03
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
Huge Square Enix discount (75% off):

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eme…ownload/all/1/

Tempted by Rogue Trooper and Front Mission Evolved.
I purchased Front Mission Evolved from GamersGate a few weeks ago. It seems like a decent mech shooter from what I've played so far. Worth the price if you like that sort of thing. A word of warning though: It runs like crap in Windows 7. Very choppy regardless of your system specs or what settings you use. Runs fine in WinXP.

I'm thinking about picking up FF VII. Although I honestly don't know if I'd ever play it again.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 1st, 2013, 14:55
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I purchased Front Mission Evolved from GamersGate a few weeks ago. It seems like a decent mech shooter from what I've played so far. Worth the price if you like that sort of thing. A word of warning though: It runs like crap in Windows 7. Very choppy regardless of your system specs or what settings you use. Runs fine in WinXP.

I'm thinking about picking up FF VII. Although I honestly don't know if I'd ever play it again.
Interestingly, Front Mission used to be an awesome turn-based tactical mech game series in the consoles, but the powers that be decided that 'shooters are cool' and changed the game to that. I'm not happy.
Last edited by wolfing; February 2nd, 2013 at 02:10.

wolfing

February 1st, 2013, 15:07
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post

The mech parts were quite fun, but the on foot parts… I ended up rage-quitting during the second one. Basically this game is split into two different gameplay modes, one that is fun but not outstanding in any way, and another one that is horrendous and that has what feels like broken controls (PC version)

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

February 2nd, 2013, 00:46
Hey everybody, there's a great deal on Amazon (US) for the Fable games, for those interested: Fable Bundle - $9.99.

Fable III
Fable: The Lost Chapters

Beware they do require Steam and Windows Live.

Elisstar

Watcher

February 4th, 2013, 14:01
GamersGate has all the Gothic titles at 75% off for the next few days. You can get Gothic 1-3 bundled together for $6.24 or a complete bundle including Arcania + expansion for $12.50.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio…=gothicmidweek

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2013, 07:44
Dungeon Siege digital bundle on Amazon for $12. Includes Dungeon Siege 1+2+3+ Treasures of the Sun. US residents only.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APOVDG6?tag=deals4dowcom-20

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 8th, 2013, 16:47
GOG's got a big sale on Square Enix games this weekend, so it's a good chance to pick up the Deus Ex or Thief games. Of course, the one I really recommend is Startopia. If you've not played it, stop listening to me and go get it now.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

February 8th, 2013, 16:57
With Square Enix it goes something like: have it, have it, don't want it, don't want it, have it, have it, don't want it…
The problem with Startopia is that it doesn't belong into "have it" nor "don't want it" category. In my case it goes into "I really don't have enough time for this one".

However I have a friend who has enough time for it, adores strategies, has a birthday soon and this game looks unique. So I'll make it a gift. Thanks Menigal!

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 9th, 2013, 02:05
Originally Posted by Menigal View Post
GOG's got a big sale on Square Enix games this weekend, so it's a good chance to pick up the Deus Ex or Thief games. Of course, the one I really recommend is Startopia. If you've not played it, stop listening to me and go get it now.
also, if you have a PS3 (or guess a PSP or Vita as well), most Final Fantasy games are at 50% at the PSN store.

wolfing

February 9th, 2013, 02:08
Sims Medieval $4.99 at Amazon download http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S82O2C

wolfing

February 10th, 2013, 13:49
Sims Medieval is surprisingly good, but could have been a lot better. Even if they'd added in a few different kingdom maps it would have made a big difference. There's some replayability, but not as much as there needs to be with a game like that.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

February 10th, 2013, 18:33
Two Worlds II 3.74 at Gamersgate:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TW2/two-worlds-2

Von Paulus

Sentinel

February 11th, 2013, 00:54
For that price perhaps I should finally buy that always skipped the mobrespawning grinder…

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 11th, 2013, 19:12
Don't buy it. Wait for the upcoming BeMine bundle later this week.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!