|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Dev Video, First Screens

Default Witcher 3 - Dev Video, First Screens

February 7th, 2013, 00:15
Here's a trailer/dev video from GameInformer on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

…and Eurogamer has some screens.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 7th, 2013, 00:15
Loved the atmosphere in TW2 and looks like numero 3 is going to top that kind of immersive experience once again. Very much looking forward to buying the Enhanced Edition whenever that is going to come out (2015?).

Moriendor

Spielkind

February 7th, 2013, 00:47
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
whenever that is going to come out (2015?).
Targeting 2014 right now.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

February 7th, 2013, 06:44
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Targeting 2014 right now.
Yes, the regular edition but I'm only interested in the enhanced complete director's cut platinum gimme-all-the-crap-and-then-some version .

Moriendor

Spielkind

February 7th, 2013, 07:01
Yes, the regular edition but I'm only interested in the enhanced complete director's cut platinum gimme-all-the-crap-and-then-some version .
I love to play it right away, because this way you'll end up appreciating their final cut that much more.

Malkavian

Watcher

February 7th, 2013, 07:26
Day 1 purchase for me. There's no way I'm waiting any extra time to play this game.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2013, 10:10
Looks amazing, and I'm highly excited. I loved TW2.
Btw, seems some screenshots were released/leaked.
http://www.incgamers.com/2013/02/fan…shots-surface/

They still look to be work-in-progress, but they look good nonetheless.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

February 7th, 2013, 10:46
Quite some long hair at 0.26

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2013, 11:53
Also according to the devs, the current screenshots are taken with an old renderer. By the time the game is released, it will look significantly better.

Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
That was….. unusual!

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

February 7th, 2013, 12:24
Great screens. Only the tree rendering in the picture with the sheep looks somewhat poor but it's quite early.
Is that the first whale I see in a video game?

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 7th, 2013, 14:06
I'm sure rune won't buy this game because of the poor sheep that ain't from Mexico.
Me, however, can't wait to have it under my fingers.

You can see (although not spectacular and not really available to interact with) whales in Sea Dogs and it's sequels named randomly and Pirates of the Last Cove.

Cmon, you get that version later automatically - for free. No DLC milking cows… I mean fans… in TW games.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 7th, 2013, 15:08
I probably won't buy on release and will wait for enhanced or whatever it will be.

I'm actually rather tired of dlc and enhanced editions even if its free. I buy all these games for $50-$60 and then I'm afraid to play them because I know they'll be dlc or enhanced edition 6-12 months later and I don't want to miss the extra content but I also don't have the time to replay every game 3-4 times. By the time all the content is released the game can be had for 1/2 to 1/4 the price and I regret my full price purchase.

I want to support my favorite dev's with a day 1 purchase but I don't want to support buying a game and the waiting a year for the complete version.

Sad thing is, I was pretty excited about the potential of dlc when it first started coming out. They could add real gameplay enhancing content, I thought. For example add 10 classes,25 monsters, more skills, better AI and increased difficulty levels or a 3-5 hour focused and amazing quest that adds elements that weren't released in the game. Unfortunately that hasn't happen for the most part.

I was a habitual day 1 buyer and now I'm considering waiting 6 mo to a year. I don't think this was the developers desired effect with dlc, I wonder if enough people will start to feel this way to actually affect the dev's pocketbook.

sakichop

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2013, 15:35
Day 1 purchase for me as well.

My dream game always has been an open world similar to Skyrim/Gothic along with nice story. These guys says the yare going to do that so I wish them all the luck in the world

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

February 7th, 2013, 16:34
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I'm sure rune won't buy this game because of the poor sheep that ain't from Mexico.
Me, however, can't wait to have it under my fingers.

You can see (although not spectacular and not really available to interact with) whales in Sea Dogs and it's sequels named randomly and Pirates of the Last Cove.

Cmon, you get that version later automatically - for free. No DLC milking cows… I mean fans… in TW games.
I'm wondering where you saw it posted I had no plans to buy this?

I think your a bit upset that I took acception to your claims that north american companies do it just for the money and as cheap as possible but CDprojekt makes national treasures.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2013, 16:49
One of the few titles out there I would do a preorder on. 99% of the time I always wait for patches and bug fixes to be taken care of before buying.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

February 7th, 2013, 17:04
Day 1 purchase for me as well.

DarNoor

Sentinel

February 7th, 2013, 17:17
Nice, the art direction is already quite there .
It bears pointing out that most of the screens are supposedly from the same region (apparently an area inspired by Vikings and Norse mythology), there are at least two other regions not really represented on these.

Anyway, day 1 for me.
Like in the case of the previous titles, replay value seems to be one of the core design facets, so if the game is good I´ll replay it anyway and a potential enhanced edition/DLCs/expansion will only make it more interesting.

DeepO

deep outside

February 7th, 2013, 18:21
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
Nice, the art direction is already quite there .
It bears pointing out that most of the screens are supposedly from the same region (apparently an area inspired by Vikings and Norse mythology), there are at least two other regions not really represented on these.
I'm really liking the norse and viking influence that seems to be quite popular these days. Just a few recent ones off the top of my head. Skyrim, The Banner Saga, KB: Warriors of the North and now TW3. I'm sure there are more…

And yes, day 1 purchase. If they pull this off it sounds like the perfect game for me.

Lemonhead

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2013, 19:39
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
I was actually thinking "quite a deep voice" for a split second, but now that I realize that was a man I see what you mean.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2013, 20:37
Did they say anything about mod tools? I may have missed it.

DarNoor

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Dev Video, First Screens